Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New look Immigration site

New look Immigration site

Old May 13th 2016, 10:57 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default New look Immigration site

now thats going to take a little while to navigate round

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas
Old May 13th 2016, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

Anniebig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New look Immigration site

I don't like it. They have taken away the parent category eoi results and the draw is due to take place in a few days. I am hoping to be drawn out and they usually give a lot of information about how many people were drawn and the dates. This would of given me a good idea if I had been lucky or not. I do know another website that posts these results but is usually much later. The waiting will drive me crazy!!!
Old May 13th 2016, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

Gurf!

Another "learning experience" although it does look remarkably pretty.

I have sent a query asking where the draw results are.
Old May 13th 2016, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by LittleGreyCat
Gurf!

Another "learning experience" although it does look remarkably pretty.

I have sent a query asking where the draw results are.
Great if they let you know where they have hidden them would you let me know cheers.
Old May 13th 2016, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

I found this one:

2016 selections and NZ Residence Programme Fact Sheet - New Zealand Immigration Service
Old May 13th 2016, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

I saw that one but doesn't cover parent category but maybe on the 17th they will publish the results hopefully.
Old May 13th 2016, 8:43 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

it should so historic information
Old May 13th 2016, 8:51 pm

looks like they have only changed the front page.
not sure if they have the details you want here: What were the previous selection points for Expression of Interest? - Immigration NZ Knowledgebase
Old May 13th 2016, 9:03 pm

found this on another site

All Tier One EOIs received on or before 30 June 2015 were selected on 15 February 2016 under New Zealand Parent Visa Category. In all, 740 EOIs representing 1,264 people were selected as under:

Tier One selection - 740
Applications lodged under old policy (on or before 15 May 2012) - NIL
Tier Two selection - NIL

China (45%), India (13%), Great Britain (13%) were top nationalities, totalling 71% of all EOI's selected

NEXT SELECTION ROUND
The next selection round under New Zealand Parent Visa category will take place on 16 May 2016.

EOIS IN THE POOL
A total of 2,351 EOIs accepted after 1 May 2016 remain in the pool and are available for selection in the next draw.
Old May 14th 2016, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

@MrsFychan - could you publish the link, please?
Noting that this is the information from February which was on the old site.

Nearest I have found so far is
https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...-notifications
which may show the May results soon. Perhaps.
Old May 14th 2016, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

Well done little grey cat I think that might be it thank you x
Old May 14th 2016, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

So anyone else hoping to be drawn out on this draw, it would be amazing if I was but I think I am more likely to come out in August daw however still have the champers in the fridge!!!!

Good luck and fingers crossed xx
Old May 15th 2016, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

When did you put in your application?

I have a spreadsheet which helps me guess when the draw will pick, based on submission date.

Bearing in mind that past performance is no guarantee of...
Old May 15th 2016, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by LittleGreyCat
When did you put in your application?

I have a spreadsheet which helps me guess when the draw will pick, based on submission date.

Bearing in mind that past performance is no guarantee of...
Hi
We put the EOI in after the draw in August 2015 and the fee was taken from the credit card on the 2nd September. So I presume that is when it was accepted. If they draw a full two months like they have been doing we will of missed it by two days but if they draw two and a half months as they have done in the past we will be in. It is very tight but I have everything crossed. So what does your number crunching come up with? What is your interest in the draw? Are you also waiting for an EOI to be drawn?
Old May 15th 2016, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

My spreadsheet logic is not the best, but immediately after the 17th August 2015 draw there were 2051 applications left in the queue.

We don't know how many applications went in before yours, but the number added each quarter is higher than the number drawn and it looks as though there may be something around 987 new applications in the quarter when you submitted.

So at a guess you may have been about application (2051+(987/3)) = 2380 in the queue. Next two draws took out (737+740) = 1477 EOIs.

Ummm....if this figure is roughly correct then you would go into this draw at position (2380 - 1477) = 903 in the queue.

Since 17th August 2014 they haven't drawn more than 740 EOIs from the queue.

So a vastly inaccurate approximation suggests you may JUST miss the draw, but if so you will be right up the front of the queue for the next one.

Then again as you put your application in less than a month after the draw, and we have no way of knowing at what point the other 986 new EOIs were submitted in relation to yours, you may just squeeze in, especially if they up the number of EOIs picked.

At this level of (in)accuracy it is too close to call!

Best of luck!

We have submitted an EOI after the February draw this year.
The spreadsheet was to check how long we might have to wait to be drawn, and the results were not encouraging. Looking like the February 2017 draw for us, or November 2016 if we are exceptionally lucky. Or the May 2017 draw if we are not.
We will have a slightly better idea once the numbers for this next draw are available.
However our daughter won't have completed her 3 years as a resident until September 2016 so we have gambled on submitting our EOI to the queue early, expecting that it won't be drawn until after we qualify.

If we waited until after the August 2016 draw then we might have had another full year to wait before coming to the front of the queue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.