new life in nz

Old Oct 13th 2006, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Maz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: new life in nz

Originally Posted by Apple12
OK so where is your husband working?
If your work is going to put you up in a three bed, then that sounds fab, one less thing to worry about. This gives you a place when you land so you will have time to figure out what you want to do. If the company wants to keep you and make you all happy, then they are hardly going to put you in a dump are they! Kind of gift horse, mouth, etc...
You have a massive choice on where to live... the people who post in here from ChCh live in quite different parts of the city, and most are happy with their choice.
I know it sounds daft, but not exactly sure of where he is working.All I know is that he is based in ChCH. but home every night. Can anybody help with time scale on how long it takes once all forms are sent in. Like I say, we are only waiting for checks to come back then all forms will be sent. Will it be quickly cos OH has a job waiting. What are the main reasons to stop anyone from getting in? OH has a an accredited letter form his company, will this make things a little easier for us. Sorry about all the questions but we are so close now I would hate for anything to go wrong
Old Oct 14th 2006, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE= We currently live in the NE England where I have lived all my life. [/QUOTE]

Hi Maz,
Welcome! We've been in NZ 4 months and came from Houghton le Spring, I worked for Teeside NHS trust and was based within the Easington district at Peterlee.
Old Oct 14th 2006, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

stacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to all

Hi, we are from Blackpool. What kind of work does your husband do if you dont mind me asking, I'm just wondering if he is in the same line of work as my OH. We are also waiting for our police checks to come back, they should be here soon as it has been about 3 weeks, they have taken the money so won't be long now. Good luck with everything, maybe we will bump into each other if we end up living close
Old Oct 14th 2006, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Maz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Boopy
Hi Maz,
Welcome! We've been in NZ 4 months and came from Houghton le Spring, I worked for Teeside NHS trust and was based within the Easington district at Peterlee.
Hi Boopy, nice to hear from you. How are you finding it down there. Did you have a job to go to or was a spur of the moment thing. Either way - how long was it all in all to finally get out there? Do you have family? You must be sick of all these questions, half the time I get sick of asking.
Old Oct 14th 2006, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Talking Re: new life in nz

Originally Posted by stacey19
Hi, we are from Blackpool. What kind of work does your husband do if you dont mind me asking, I'm just wondering if he is in the same line of work as my OH. We are also waiting for our police checks to come back, they should be here soon as it has been about 3 weeks, they have taken the money so won't be long now. Good luck with everything, maybe we will bump into each other if we end up living close
Hi Stacey, OH in construction. Doesn't it do your head in all the waiting. Where abouts are you hoping to go, we are going to be based in ChCh then onto A/land. Bit scary but cant wait. Do you have any kids - boy 14 and girl 10. What does your OH do? I'm glad I found this site, everyone is helpful and you can always find answers to most questions.
Old Oct 14th 2006, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Just looked back over messages. So know you are going about January. Good luck and if we are close I hope we meet up.
Old Oct 14th 2006, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

daviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Maz1
I know it sounds daft, but not exactly sure of where he is working.All I know is that he is based in ChCH. but home every night. Can anybody help with time scale on how long it takes once all forms are sent in. Like I say, we are only waiting for checks to come back then all forms will be sent. Will it be quickly cos OH has a job waiting. What are the main reasons to stop anyone from getting in? OH has a an accredited letter form his company, will this make things a little easier for us. Sorry about all the questions but we are so close now I would hate for anything to go wrong

Hi there - I have a job offer to go to, submitted all paperwork 3 weeks ago and got visa in post this morning... yippee
Old Oct 14th 2006, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Boopy, nice to hear from you. How are you finding it down there. Did you have a job to go to or was a spur of the moment thing. Either way - how long was it all in all to finally get out there? Do you have family? You must be sick of all these questions, half the time I get sick of asking.

Hi Maz,

We are both in healthcare and had jobs to start. Police checks took 6 weeks, nursing registration took 4 months, immigration took 5 months (backlogged from Xmas). We did E.O.I. in August and arrived in NZ end of June. We intended on renting but ended up buying a house, housing and mortgages are more expensive than we had thought. We (me, hubby and 19yr old son) have all settled well and love our new life, apart from enduring the worst winter, it has been colder than I had expected. Double glazing and central heating have been a miss. We shipped everything out, with no regrets.
Hope that helps, pm and ask as much as you want.
Dee
Old Oct 14th 2006, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by daviesl
Hi there - I have a job offer to go to, submitted all paperwork 3 weeks ago and got visa in post this morning... yippee
Good for you. Did you have an accredited letter from you works. I understand this really quickens thing up once you send all forms in. Where are you going in NZ.
Old Oct 14th 2006, 11:08 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, we are in Chch too. If I can help with any of your questions you can PM me and I will do my best to answer you. I have kids here ranging from 15 - 8 so any school or kid related questions I can answer too. Best of luck with your move and welcome to the forum....
Old Oct 14th 2006, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

daviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to all

Good for you. Did you have an accredited letter from you works. I understand this really quickens thing up once you send all forms in. Where are you going in NZ.
Yes I did have a letter/form from my new employer, but also read carefully and make sure you include everything they need, so they don't have to come back to you for things. We are going to Tauranga in Bay of Plenty North Island.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Stacey, got our police checks and all is ok. Next step is to send off all relevent paperwork- 1 step closer. How is yours going, have you got your checks back yet?