New Kiwi

Old Oct 15th 2010, 11:19 am
Just Joined

albax72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Kiwi

Hi. First time on. My family and I just arrived in New Zealand from Scotland in August. Still in awe of the place. Got a house near the beach in Mount Maunganui. Wish we moved years ago!! Still not used to this turn right rule when drivng though. Just wanted to introduce myself and look forward to hearing from other new kiwis
Old Oct 15th 2010, 8:30 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Kiwi

Kia Ora and welcome to this little NZ forum.

There is a fair few up around Tauranga and Mt Manganui way .
Have a good browse around and maybe catch up with folks in the main Nz forum or the Update section.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I moved not too far from you, by kiwi standards at least, to Rotorua from Scotland in August too!
Hope your enjoying NZ and settling in well. You'll just be used to the right hand rule and it'll be gone..just to confuse you even more!
Old Oct 16th 2010, 2:10 am
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: New Kiwi

Thanks for the welcome!! Heard a rumour the locals know Papamoa as Pommimoa due to the number of brits here. Is that true or is someone winding me up? Was on skype to family last night. sister in law had to de-ice the car on wednesday morning. Oh how I miss the great British weather!!!

Last edited by albax72; Oct 16th 2010 at 2:13 am.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by albax72 View Post
Thanks for the welcome!! Heard a rumour the locals know Papamoa as Pommimoa due to the number of brits here. Is that true or is someone winding me up? Was on skype to family last night. sister in law had to de-ice the car on wednesday morning. Oh how I miss the great British weather!!!
welcome to NZ from sunny Scotland (albeit im a little late in the welcome), we came here just over 3 years ago and have never looked back, lets see what do i prefer, Bellshill or Christchurch ,........... ohhhh tough one ........ hahaha
Old Oct 19th 2010, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Its quite true my daughter & family live there. See below my signature.

June
Old Oct 19th 2010, 8:51 pm
Newbie in New Zealand

Nelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to all

Hi and welcome to the forum. We have found it incredibly helpful as a source of support and information.
We are moving to Tauranga in November from Yorkshire and it sounds like we will be in good company. I was born in Bellshill by the way!

We only chose to live in this area because of the legendary British sausage maker in Papamoa - the kiwis don't do bangers like we are used to. I hope he does good Scottish black and fruit pudding too!
Old Oct 19th 2010, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by alanmacc View Post
welcome to NZ from sunny Scotland (albeit im a little late in the welcome), we came here just over 3 years ago and have never looked back, lets see what do i prefer, Bellshill or Christchurch ,........... ohhhh tough one ........ hahaha
Were practically neighbours( or were). I was brought up in Airdrie. Bit of a travel now to go for a proper pint though

Last edited by albax72; Oct 19th 2010 at 10:53 pm.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nelly Trolley View Post

We only chose to live in this area because of the legendary British sausage maker in Papamoa - the kiwis don't do bangers like we are used to. I hope he does good Scottish black and fruit pudding too!

I am sure he will make then if you ask him.

June
Old Oct 20th 2010, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Were practically neighbours( or were). I was brought up in Airdrie. Bit of a travel now to go for a proper pint though
quite possible, i lived in Airdrie for a couple of years, lived in Carnbroe Barratt estate for a few years before moving out here
Old Oct 20th 2010, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nelly Trolley View Post
Hi and welcome to the forum. We have found it incredibly helpful as a source of support and information.
We are moving to Tauranga in November from Yorkshire and it sounds like we will be in good company. I was born in Bellshill by the way!

Bellshill to Yorkshire to NZ ........ not a bad move ......... ahhhh a good old black pudding and square sausage, what id give to have that
Old Oct 20th 2010, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellshill to Yorkshire to NZ ........ not a bad move ......... ahhhh a good old black pudding and square sausage, what id give to have that

Doug does a Mail Order Service so its not impossible.

June
Old Oct 20th 2010, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

where is this butcher? dont really know papamoa that well yet ( although cant get my daughter away from fashion island. i know that place all too well!!)
Old Oct 21st 2010, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson View Post
Doug does a Mail Order Service so its not impossible.

June
whats the butchers name ........ id kill for a square sausage
Old Oct 21st 2010, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

whats the butchers name ........ id kill for a square sausage

His name his Doug. See below my signature.

June

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.