New for Jan 2016

Old Sep 10th 2015, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

Meliojd1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New for Jan 2016

Hi everyone

I hope you can help me my husband and I are making the bold move from the UK to Auckland in January and was wondering what other people did for accommodation when they first arrived as I have been led to believe the rental property is in high demand and the offices will be closed at the beginning of January after Christmas. I start my job as a midwife on the 11th January. I thought about starting off in a holiday let. Looking forward to advice xx
Old Sep 10th 2015, 7:27 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New for Jan 2016

I would suggest serviced apartments would be the way to go but you will have to book fairly sharpish to find one. gives you a chance to check out areas also so book for a couple of weeks if you can
Old Sep 11th 2015, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meliojd1
Hi everyone

I hope you can help me my husband and I are making the bold move from the UK to Auckland in January and was wondering what other people did for accommodation when they first arrived as I have been led to believe the rental property is in high demand and the offices will be closed at the beginning of January after Christmas. I start my job as a midwife on the 11th January. I thought about starting off in a holiday let. Looking forward to advice xx

In Auckland holiday lets are a bit harder to come by (depending where your job is) I would look at serviced apartment in and around the CBD.

Looking at the calendar, most businesses and offices will be open from Tuesday 5th January - albeit with fewer staff. Many people will still be out of town on leave and drifting back to their posts from the 11th onwards.
Old Sep 11th 2015, 10:52 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Airbnb is another good source. Lots of long term options for Auckland.