British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   A new hopeful expat (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/new-hopeful-expat-486256/)

claira23 Oct 9th 2007 6:01 pm

A new hopeful expat

Hello all,

My name is Claira, I am currently living in Kenilworth, Warwickshire. I have just qualified as an allied health professional from the University of Northampton.
I have had a job offer for Wellington’s Capital and Coast District Health Board, as a new graduate occupational therapist over a two year period. I am not married and plan to move out to NZ alone, my brother lives in Mangonui.
:thumbup:

happynz Oct 9th 2007 6:08 pm

Re: A new hopeful expat

Hi Claira

littleal Oct 9th 2007 6:08 pm

Good luck Claira. As has been mentioned previously on this Forum, the NHS isn't a good place to find work at the moment. I hope you enjoy NZ.

Alison :thumbup:

mart19630 Oct 9th 2007 6:26 pm

Hi Claira,:)
Good luck with your move, like you I am moving over on my own, not the same proffession though, all the best,
Martin

Maz Oct 9th 2007 7:33 pm

Welcome to the site Claire! I'm sure you'll love Wellington, we're heading there this week. :thumbup:

BEVS Oct 9th 2007 10:20 pm

Kia Ora and welcome to this forum Claira

Boopy Oct 11th 2007 9:50 pm

Hi Claire & welcome. I also work for Cap & Coast as an RN at Keneperu Hospital in Porirua. We've been here since last June & love it. If I can help with any info just shout.:)

Sue Oct 13th 2007 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by claira23 (Post 5405390)
Hello all,

My name is Claira, I am currently living in Kenilworth, Warwickshire. I have just qualified as an allied health professional from the University of Northampton.
I have had a job offer for Wellington’s Capital and Coast District Health Board, as a new graduate occupational therapist over a two year period. I am not married and plan to move out to NZ alone, my brother lives in Mangonui.
:thumbup:

Welcome to the site.

claira23 Oct 15th 2007 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by happynz (Post 5405414)
Hi Claira

hello, sorry for not replying for some time. I'm enjoying my birthday today and thought I should check the forum.
where about are you? which side of the world!?
Claira xxx:rofl:

claira23 Oct 15th 2007 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by littleal (Post 5405416)
Good luck Claira. As has been mentioned previously on this Forum, the NHS isn't a good place to find work at the moment. I hope you enjoy NZ.

Alison :thumbup:

Heya Alison, yes, I actually had a job offer in Bedfordshire. Before I finished my degree I got informed that the service was restructuring and my job vacancy in no longer available.
So just applying for NZ.
thanks for your communication
Claira x

claira23 Oct 15th 2007 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by mart19630 (Post 5405507)
Hi Claira,:)
Good luck with your move, like you I am moving over on my own, not the same proffession though, all the best,
Martin

hello Martin, where are you thinking of moving to? and when? what profession are you in?
I don't mean to throw lots of questions at you!
I am applying now for NZ
Claira

claira23 Oct 15th 2007 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 5405793)
Welcome to the site Claire! I'm sure you'll love Wellington, we're heading there this week. :thumbup:

Heya Maz,
Good luck with the move
Claira x

claira23 Oct 15th 2007 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS here (Post 5406305)
Kia Ora and welcome to this forum Claira

THank you, I am not very confident, but its early days
Claira x

happynz Oct 15th 2007 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by claira23 (Post 5428376)
hello, sorry for not replying for some time. I'm enjoying my birthday today and thought I should check the forum.
where about are you? which side of the world!?
Claira xxx:rofl:

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday Dear Claire
Happy Birthday to yoooooooooooouuuuuuuuu!

:D

I'm here in New Zealand.

PAUL M Oct 19th 2007 1:20 pm

Hi Claira
Ive been offered a job to in Wellington Hospital , is that where yr going , im in Amersham , Bucks , Uk at the mo