New here.

Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

Kristoph will become famous soon enough
Default New here.

Hey, just found this place and it seems to be a great source of information.

My name is Kris, and I'm 20, I live with my parents and my 18 year old brother!

We visited NZ last year for a month during Englands 'summer' and New Zealands 'winter'... (those two should really be the other way around - UK had floods, NZ was practically blue sky day after day).

We toured both islands in a Maui camper, tried to fit as much in as possible.

Fell in love with the place and have decided we're gonna go for it and move out.

Can't apply till January though, as we don't intend to move out until December 2009 and don't want to have to apply twice.

We're looking at the Bay of Plenty area, not 100% sure yet though. Going to get out there, rent for a while.

I'll have finished my degree in May 2009, so will look forward to using it out in NZ.

My mum will be teaching hopefully, in Maths as she's been doing so for 5 or so years in England.

Dad will be doing anything he's a carpenter by trade, but is keen to try something different.

My brother will be coming out a year after we move out, as he's doing a degree too. (starts September 2008, so if he doesn't like it after the 1st year, he can come out with us).

Sorry for the long post, I just can't wait any longer to be out there skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking, climbing etc.. It's gnna be torture for the next year and a half.

Kris.

Last edited by Kristoph; Apr 15th 2008 at 12:05 am.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:55 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: New here.

Hi there Chris.

Have some karma and I hope you and your family enjoy posting to this little NZ forum.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:26 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: New here.

It sounds like you and your family have or will have the skills needed to qualify for permanent residency. More importantly you seem keen to come here which is important.

Good luck with it.