new girlie

Old May 8th 2009, 11:39 am
Just Joined

roximum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new girlie

hi all

im new on here. im 29 years old married with 3 children. we are currently stuck in the u.k but want to escape.. i am a qualified beauty therapist and my husband is a sql server dba (I.T). we would love to relocate to new zealand but need advice on visa requirements, job demand and so on.

any help is greatly appreciated

maggie xx
Old May 9th 2009, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of
Default Re: new girlie

Hi There firstley i would say hyou have to decide which way you want to go in the way of visa's etc,

We went onto the internet and found my hub a job first and then went down the WTR route.....

Originally Posted by roximum
hi all

im new on here. im 29 years old married with 3 children. we are currently stuck in the u.k but want to escape.. i am a qualified beauty therapist and my husband is a sql server dba (I.T). we would love to relocate to new zealand but need advice on visa requirements, job demand and so on.

any help is greatly appreciated

maggie xx
Old May 10th 2009, 11:16 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new girlie

Hi Maggie, welcome

As far as visas go you can go down the temporary work visa route or go for permanent residency. Since you have children I assume you would want the extra certainty that PR gives you.
With work visas you have to have a job offer first before you can apply, this is also the case for the Work to Residence visa [WTR]
With PR you do not need a job offer as long as you have over 100points so you can enter an expression of interest [EOI]. This goes into a pool and there is a draw every 2 weeks. Basically the more points the better. Any EOI with over 140pts or one that has over 100pts but with a job offer attached will automatically be picked out. The next to be picked out will be those on the long term skill shortage list. Then those with higher numbers of points until around 800 have been picked.
As you can see it is better to have a job offer or be on the LTSSL or you could be sitting in the pool for a long time

You say your husband is an sql server dba, I have no idea what that is But you said he's in I.T. so I have a bit of a clue
If the following quote applies to his quals and/or work experience then he would be on the LTSSL and therefore claim extra points and have a greater chance of being selected from the pool

Information Technology (IT) Professionals ICT Professionals (261111 to 263312), ICT Customer Support Officer (Technical advice and Consultancy) (313112), Organisation and Methods Analyst (224712), ICT Project Manager (135112)
Requirements: Degree-level (Level 7) qualification majoring in computer science, information science or information technology AND three years of relevant work experience
To claim bonus points you must meet the following: Degree-level qualification (Level 7) majoring in computer science, information science or information technology
Hope this helps, it's probably a bit waffly I can't help as far as job demand is concerned but just ask if you have any questions about visas
Sue