Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

new to forums, new to whangarei!

new to forums, new to whangarei!

Old Oct 9th 2007, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

kgreen07 has a spectacular aura aboutkgreen07 has a spectacular aura aboutkgreen07 has a spectacular aura about
Default new to forums, new to whangarei!

hi all just a quick note, am a staff nurse hoping to move to whangarei next year.does anyone have any inside info on the area? Good schools/areas etc? I have 2 small children so need to rent in good zone. Any ideas? There is only do much info you can get on line! Everywhere looks lovely!!!
Thanks katherine
Old Oct 9th 2007, 3:17 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new to forums, new to whangarei!

Originally Posted by kgreen07
hi all just a quick note, am a staff nurse hoping to move to whangarei next year.does anyone have any inside info on the area? Good schools/areas etc? I have 2 small children so need to rent in good zone. Any ideas? There is only do much info you can get on line! Everywhere looks lovely!!!
Thanks katherine
Can't help with Whangarei but welcome to the forum, have some karma to start you off.
Karen X
Old Oct 9th 2007, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice

hi

i can't help with your subjects either but welcome, somone will come along how can

with regards

kirstie
Old Oct 15th 2007, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

DTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really nice

Hi

We are waiting for a revised job offer (which has come out of the blue) in Whangarei and this was one of our questions we had, which we put to an estate agent at the recent London Expo' .......... I am sure someone who already resides in Whangarei will correct me if I am wrong.....so here it goes....

Good school: Hirupaki Primary school
Catchment areas which are good: Glenbervie, 3 Mile Bush, West Kamo
Up and coming coastel area: Ruakaka....although a bit further out of Whangarei and unsure of schools in the area.

This info was from a Bayley's estate agent...and he was very good and informative.

Hope this helps ....good luck!!
Old Oct 21st 2007, 10:46 am
Just Joined

nahb has a brilliant futurenahb has a brilliant futurenahb has a brilliant futurenahb has a brilliant futurenahb has a brilliant futurenahb has a brilliant futurenahb has a brilliant future

hi

we dont have any kids but we moved to whangarei and been livving here 2 months now , if you need any help or directions etc etc on getting round town , best shopping , whatever we do our best to help you . just ask ?
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 4:28 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

I live in Whangarei and work at the hospital as a HR Advisor.

In terms of schools loads...depends where you choose to live. If you want to be coastal you would head for Ruakaka, One Tree Point, Waipu or Parua Bay.
For OTP, Ruakaka there are two primary schools, my daughter goes to OTP which is absolutely fabulous http://www.otp.school.nz/index.htm this is the website, then for high school there is Bream Bay College which again is great.

If you want to be in town some of the areas are zoned, best schools being in Kamo West, but they are zoned, otherwise for high schools it boys school or girls school.

In terms of where you choose to live, OTP is stunning, coastal, 25 mins from the hospital and town but there is one shopping centre and another on the way. Second place goes to Waipu but further away from town about 40 mins so a bit far morning and night. In town itself Kamo West, Tikipunga, Onerahi.

Any questions feel free to PM me.

Debbie
Old Oct 24th 2007, 11:41 am
Just Joined

kgreen07 has a spectacular aura aboutkgreen07 has a spectacular aura aboutkgreen07 has a spectacular aura about

Thank you so much for the info I can now narrow my search when looking at real estate (I spend hours looking at houses with land larger than a postage stamp!!). EOI was selected today so am over the moon! 1st stage I know but 1 step further!. Will probably have lots of questions over the coming months so thanks for offer of help!
katherine