New to this forum

Old Sep 3rd 2009, 9:55 am
Just Joined

wigmore. is an unknown quantity at this point
Question New to this forum

Hi,

I am hoping to move to New Zealand april/may 2010. However I am getting some conflicting advice. I have spoken to a migration agent over in the UK who thinks that I should go for a work to residence visa. I have a son that has moderate special needs, he is hearing impaired and has one to one support in school. The agent in the UK feels that this should not be a problem, just might need a medical waiver which she is confident we can get.

However have spoken to an agent based in NZ who has advised my best option is to hop on a plane and secure a job over in NZ on a work permit and then stay for a year and apply for residency from within NZ as my chances will be he thinks 70/30 in my favour, due to my sons difficulties.

Just wondered if anyone else had been in this situation and could offer some advice. It would be really appreciated.

Could you also advise on the job prospects for a qualified social worker.

Thankyou
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 10:12 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to this forum

First. Welcome to this NZ forum. I hope you enjoy your time here and get all the support you need and become part of our little community. .

2nd. Start a thread ( topic) into the main NZ forum about the social work thing in NZ. You will get more feedback there about job prospects. Social Worker has remained on the long term shortage list from what I can see.

I'd suggest starting yet a 3rd into the Immy forum but I think maybe a couple of threads are enough for you for now.

It seems you are getting conflicting info about your son .

Here is what the NZ immigration service has to say about hearing loss.

Appendix 10 - Medical conditions deemed to impose significant costs and/or demands on New Zealand's health and/or education services

....In a person up to the age of 21 years, a severe (71-90 decibels) hearing loss or profound bilateral sensori-neural hearing loss......
Whatever the hearing loss is, NZIS will probably require further reports to a medical assessor to assess whether it meets the health requirement or falls outside the parameters.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 10:40 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wigmore. View Post
Hi,

I am hoping to move to New Zealand april/may 2010. However I am getting some conflicting advice. I have spoken to a migration agent over in the UK who thinks that I should go for a work to residence visa. I have a son that has moderate special needs, he is hearing impaired and has one to one support in school. The agent in the UK feels that this should not be a problem, just might need a medical waiver which she is confident we can get.

However have spoken to an agent based in NZ who has advised my best option is to hop on a plane and secure a job over in NZ on a work permit and then stay for a year and apply for residency from within NZ as my chances will be he thinks 70/30 in my favour, due to my sons difficulties.

Just wondered if anyone else had been in this situation and could offer some advice. It would be really appreciated.

Could you also advise on the job prospects for a qualified social worker.

Thankyou
Hi & another welcome!
Good luck with your plans
B x
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 3:39 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MnB View Post
Hi & another welcome!
Good luck with your plans
B x
Welcome to BE and all the best.

Tina. x
Old Sep 8th 2009, 10:11 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi cant help much but welcome to the forum, good luck with your plans

Dewb
Old Sep 12th 2009, 9:23 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to the site! Can't help you with any advice as I am totally clueless about everything but best of luck with it all, you came to the right place, lots of very helpful and knowledgeable people here.