Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New to forum, 24 yr old girl from Leeds :)

New to forum, 24 yr old girl from Leeds :)

Old Jan 4th 2011, 1:07 am
Just Joined

princessemzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to forum, 24 yr old girl from Leeds :)

Hi there,

Was just browsing on the web and came across this site and thought I'd give it a go! I'm Emilie - moved here about 6 months ago with my boyfriend (a kiwi) and so far really enjoying myself - but struggling a bit to meet new people. I love the lifestyle here and the fact it is so more relaxed than the UK but the transition from leaving my old friends behind to find new ones has probably been one of the hardest things for me (plus leaving the family at home too!) Tend to find I am hanging out with my boyfriends mates but have not really managed to strike up a strong friendship as of yet.

I'm pretty outgoing, play indoor football here and touch rugby, love taking photos, love music and being outdoors exploring NZ! I enjoy a good boogie on a night out, and going out to restaurants etc.

Be nice to meet some new faces

Emilie
Old Mar 17th 2011, 4:51 am
Just Joined

Gemma Garbett is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New to forum, 24 yr old girl from Leeds :)

Originally Posted by princessemzy
Hi there,

Was just browsing on the web and came across this site and thought I'd give it a go! I'm Emilie - moved here about 6 months ago with my boyfriend (a kiwi) and so far really enjoying myself - but struggling a bit to meet new people. I love the lifestyle here and the fact it is so more relaxed than the UK but the transition from leaving my old friends behind to find new ones has probably been one of the hardest things for me (plus leaving the family at home too!) Tend to find I am hanging out with my boyfriends mates but have not really managed to strike up a strong friendship as of yet.

I'm pretty outgoing, play indoor football here and touch rugby, love taking photos, love music and being outdoors exploring NZ! I enjoy a good boogie on a night out, and going out to restaurants etc.

Be nice to meet some new faces

Emilie
Hiya - I'm new to Christchurch and the forum too. We moved out in October 2010. Same deal with me, hubby is managing to make friends through golf and work but i'm struggling to get work and so not meeting anyone. Are you still in Christchurch? If so - where about? would love to meet up for a coffee or a drink some time. I'm not very sporty, but do love a boogie!

Gemma
Old May 11th 2011, 1:04 am
Just Joined

CamillaFH is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there
It seems I'm in the same boat - my fiance got a job here in Chch so we've been here for a few weeks now. I'm struggling to get a job and to meet people, so I'd love to get together for a drink / coffee or something sometime soon.
I'm 24, like outdoor stuff (isn't NZ great for that!) like climbing and tramping. I also enjoy shopping (and right now have only the b/f to drag along!), chatting, the occasional drink and night out, reading, exploring NZ etc etc.
xxx
Cam
Old May 11th 2011, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

See there you go, in one fell swoop you have made contact with another two people in the same boat, im sure there will be lots more jumping on board to arrange a night out, might be worth a shout in the main forum too
Old May 14th 2011, 11:55 am
Just Joined

wendymcb is an unknown quantity at this point

hi guys,

im new to the site!

arrived in chch last august and settling in well! finding it hard to meet people!

Im 26 and moved here from scotland with my now husband( only married 6 weeks). i enjoy shopping, going out for coffee/drinks, dancing, and will ry anything once!

would love to meet up if anyone interested!

wendy xx