Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New to Cockle Bay/Howick

New to Cockle Bay/Howick

Old Feb 16th 2011, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

The harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really nice
Default New to Cockle Bay/Howick

Hello out there, I have recently relocated to Cockle Bay, close to Howick Beach funnily enough and was wondering if anyone would like to meet up locally for a chat and Coffee. I'm not working as yet, so have lots of free time on my hands to fill. I was a former Nurse and have 2 lovely teenagers (not!) My Hubbie is currently working away so I could really do with finding a few friends
Old Feb 16th 2011, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New to Cockle Bay/Howick

Originally Posted by The harrisons
Hello out there, I have recently relocated to Cockle Bay, close to Howick Beach funnily enough and was wondering if anyone would like to meet up locally for a chat and Coffee. I'm not working as yet, so have lots of free time on my hands to fill. I was a former Nurse and have 2 lovely teenagers (not!) My Hubbie is currently working away so I could really do with finding a few friends
hi there, we are in Cockle bay. I am an ex midwife and currently working as a nurse. my day is off is Monday so could meet up for coffee then. how about 28th Feb?

Jax
Old Feb 16th 2011, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

The harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really nice

Hi Jax, thanks for your reply. Monday Feb 28th sounds great to meet up. I would have suggested meeting at my favorite place The Shamrock Tearooms but it's closed on a Monday. Have you any ideas where to meet, I know there are a large number of cafes up in Howick to choose from. Just name the place and a good time for you and I'll be there!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

Hi Jax, thanks for your reply. Monday Feb 28th sounds great to meet up. I would have suggested meeting at my favorite place The Shamrock Tearooms but it's closed on a Monday. Have you any ideas where to meet, I know there are a large number of cafes up in Howick to choose from. Just name the place and a good time for you and I'll be there!
cool! 11 a.m? theres another (see post above 'anyone for meet up in Botany) ex pat interested. how about Jacobs coffee house on Corner of PIcton street.
we love the Shamrock tearooms- but the owner deserves Mondays off!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

jaynepc is just really nicejaynepc is just really nicejaynepc is just really nicejaynepc is just really nicejaynepc is just really nicejaynepc is just really nicejaynepc is just really nicejaynepc is just really nice

Hi ladies, I would love to join you too if thats ok....I am a nurse living in ellerslie.....always up for a coffee and a chat!, Jayne
Old Feb 21st 2011, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

The more the merrier
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jaynepc
Hi ladies, I would love to join you too if thats ok....I am a nurse living in ellerslie.....always up for a coffee and a chat!, Jayne
sure thing! great stuff!, and we have a possible other one that just arrived in Cockle bay last week...I'll nab us a big table!!
jax
Old Feb 24th 2011, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

See you all there
Old Feb 27th 2011, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

See you all there
yep. and anyone else interested you're very welcome. 11 a.m at Jacobs coffee house, Howick, see you all tomorrow
jax
Old May 2nd 2011, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

C4udynz is an unknown quantity at this point

We are moving to Uxbridge Road on 10th May. Hope to meet up. Similar situation.... hubby in work, need to put Children in school but not sure if Cockle Bay or Mellons Bay - any advice?
Hope to hear from you soon
Old May 3rd 2011, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, good luck with your move to Uxbridge shortly. I live close by on Selwyn Road.Have you bought a property or are your renting for the time being? If I can be of any help just ask away. What ages are your children as there are a number of good schools around. Take care
Old May 4th 2011, 2:57 am
Just Joined

Hi, good luck with your move to Uxbridge shortly. I live close by on Selwyn Road.Have you bought a property or are your renting for the time being? If I can be of any help just ask away. What ages are your children as there are a number of good schools around. Take care
We have 3 girls - 10, 6 and 3 . In the catchment for Mellons Bay but I'm thinking cockle bay as we are more likely to buy here. Renting Uxbridge property as we have not sold ours in the UK yet, but long term would like to buy. Would I be able to borrow an iron for a couple of hors next week?! I'll buy plates/kettle etc till ours arrive but I have two irons coming over in the container so don't want to buy another! In return I can do some of your ironing for you - sounds sad but I enjoy it!!! Jo
Old May 5th 2011, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Wow, I bet they keep you busy! I've three children although only two reside with us. They are quite grown up now with the youngest being 13. She attends Howick college, just opposite Cockle bay School. I've a friend who's young boy goes there and she seems very happy with the school.
Howick/Cockle Bay are lovely areas to bring up a young family, I wish we'd come here first but we rented over in Flatbush originally and We weren't very happy there at all.
You can by all means lend an iron as I've got a spare but don't worry I won't charge you with doing my ironing in return!! Let me know when you want to pick it up. Take care, Paula.
Old May 5th 2011, 10:11 am
Just Joined

Wow, I bet they keep you busy! I've three children although only two reside with us. They are quite grown up now with the youngest being 13. She attends Howick college, just opposite Cockle bay School. I've a friend who's young boy goes there and she seems very happy with the school.
Howick/Cockle Bay are lovely areas to bring up a young family, I wish we'd come here first but we rented over in Flatbush originally and We weren't very happy there at all.
You can by all means lend an iron as I've got a spare but don't worry I won't charge you with doing my ironing in return!! Let me know when you want to pick it up. Take care, Paula.
Going to see the school tomorrow, can't wait for them to start. Think Amelia needs some older company now! Do you know anything about preschool in the area? There are four garage sales in beachlands on the weekend, so between those, the warehouse and kmart(?) we'll get the essentials. so looking forward to the container arriving! will let you know how the visit goes
Joanne
Old May 5th 2011, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

Good luck with the School visit. My friend used to take her son to a really good preschool next to All Saints Church, located behind the community hall in Howick. It's a Montessori preschool I believe and very local. Not so sure about costs though.
I remember when we first arrived and had a 12 week wait for our container, we decided to rent a property as soon as possible for some stability and we hired home contents to get us by which worked out well for us but I suppose it was quite costly depending on what you need. Hope you find some success with the Garage sales. Take care.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.