Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

new to Christchurch

new to Christchurch

Old Nov 18th 2008, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

EmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really nice
Default new to Christchurch

Me and my hubby Ken have been in Christchurch for 3 weeks and love it. We're renting a house in Burwood for a year, then looking to buy house or section. Hubby starts work in IT next Monday and I'm looking (but not too hard at the mo) for English teaching work.

Are there any folks out there that would like to meet up for coffee/drinks with us?

We're not weird -honest! Go on, you know you want to....

Emma
Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new to Christchurch

Originally Posted by EmandKen
Me and my hubby Ken have been in Christchurch for 3 weeks and love it. We're renting a house in Burwood for a year, then looking to buy house or section. Hubby starts work in IT next Monday and I'm looking (but not too hard at the mo) for English teaching work.

Are there any folks out there that would like to meet up for coffee/drinks with us?

We're not weird -honest! Go on, you know you want to....

Emma
I would, but we aren't in chch until next March, but hope you get to meet and greet people soon.

All the best
Old Nov 18th 2008, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

zummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud of

stick us down for a cuppa ... we've (me, hubby and 2 youngsters) have been in chch for 3 months now and love it also. We have just bought a place in Kaiapoi.

Where is your hubby going to be working?

Lou
Old Nov 19th 2008, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

EmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really nice

Thanks teebrown, get in touch when you arrive - we should know a bit more by then!

Great zummerzet_lou, I'll PM you.
Emma
Old Nov 19th 2008, 2:54 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

I drink! I live in CHCH I'll come! (might even bring the wife!)
Old Nov 19th 2008, 2:40 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

[/QUOTE]Me and my hubby Ken have been in Christchurch for 3 weeks and love it[QUOTE]

hey Emandken

you finally got out of carlizzle then? ace news!

just to add to your christchurch joy, i'll happily tell you that here it's been wet and miserable, and dark and pretty horrid for the last three weeks... no change there then! additionally there's new roadworks around the centre of town, and today it's taken me nearly two hours to get from the east side of town down to whitehaven - more time to cross town than the trip down the 595... ho hum

good luck with everything!
Old Nov 20th 2008, 7:35 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dustybin
I drink! I live in CHCH I'll come! (might even bring the wife!)
we should do something before Christmas..
Old Nov 20th 2008, 8:55 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys and welcome to ChCh! Hope you've enjoyed yourselves so far. Me and the missus are always up for a get together or whatever. We've a house warming (we buy a new place today! gah!) in a couple of weeks - you'd be welcome to come along and mingle. The details are in the meet-ups forum.

Be aware though - we ARE weird
Old Nov 21st 2008, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

Ooh thanks everyone, so glad we got some replies (didn't want to sound too sad appealing for buddies but you all know how it feels when you are a newbie). We can do weird wiz n ton! Congrats on the house, will have a peek at your housewarming info - thanks for that, it's very nice of you.

Nice to hear from you Stoof, and Carlisle sounds just the same! Where are you heading when you get over here?

See you soon
Emma
Old Nov 21st 2008, 2:59 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
we should do something before Christmas..
i tried that (see meet ups!) but no one replied! lol they must know me already!
Old Nov 21st 2008, 8:46 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dustybin
i tried that (see meet ups!) but no one replied! lol they must know me already!
Ok a quiet drink in Merivale then...norman nomates..lol