New Career

Old Mar 7th 2010, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Career

When we finally get to New Zealand I fancy a whole new career but don't know what i want to do. At present I run the financial side of our company and i'm bored of it there is no challenge in it anymore. I am a fully qualified Chef but don't fancy going back to that either.

Anyone got any ideas ?
Old Mar 7th 2010, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Career

Originally Posted by AngelaandJim
When we finally get to New Zealand I fancy a whole new career but don't know what i want to do. At present I run the financial side of our company and i'm bored of it there is no challenge in it anymore. I am a fully qualified Chef but don't fancy going back to that either.

Anyone got any ideas ?
Did you "cook the books?!"
Old Mar 7th 2010, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobDon
Did you "cook the books?!"
PMSL like that one
Old Mar 7th 2010, 10:14 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

If you could do just one job for the day what would it be?

Dewb
Old Mar 7th 2010, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Make someone smile
Old Mar 7th 2010, 10:21 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Awww your so nice
That made me smile
Dewb
Old Mar 7th 2010, 10:28 pm
Banned

Craftsman has a brilliant futureCraftsman has a brilliant futureCraftsman has a brilliant futureCraftsman has a brilliant futureCraftsman has a brilliant futureCraftsman has a brilliant future

Anyone got any ideas ?
Me I would do what I was trained to do so I could get my feet under the table and start earning, then I would be able to look around and decide which career path I fancied, you will need time to look around at the different options on offer and of course more importantly locations, too many people come to NZ and settle in the first place they land in. use your skills to your advantage first!

cheers
Old Mar 7th 2010, 10:28 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

I know a couple of people here who have given up their previous careers and gone in to Real Estate sales. They prefer the flexibility it offers, but of course earnings can be pretty sporadic.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I know a couple of people here who have given up their previous careers and gone in to Real Estate sales. They prefer the flexibility it offers, but of course earnings can be pretty sporadic.
Hey Am Loolah

I have flexibility at moment I only really need to work one day a week but I don't most of the time I work 3-5 more out of boredom. The last few years have taught me that money is just not important to me anymore being happy within myself is. I think if I could do a job that makes me feel good within myself then I'd probably bounce from one end of NZ to the other

Think I'm too honest to be an Estate Agent lol
Old Mar 7th 2010, 11:38 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Make someone smile
Aw mate ! Have some smiley karma.

It's a tough one innit. Thinking what new direction to take.

What about volunteering with the SPCA or similar. Or summat to do with cats ?
Old Mar 8th 2010, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone got any ideas ?
Plod?

Prison service? Fooferfish loves his new career in corrections.

Fire service?

Or go to college to totally retrain in something like radiography?

Or google 'cmc markets nz' seeing as you have fiscal saavy..unlike me. Want to sell some?
Old Mar 8th 2010, 4:36 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Think I'm too honest to be an Estate Agent lol

Old Mar 8th 2010, 7:47 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

How about becoming a Celebrant? You can marry people, do baby naming ceremonies, funerals etc, etc? Minus the funerals, you may find you'd be putting a smile on people's faces?
Old Mar 8th 2010, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Craftsman
Me I would do what I was trained to do so I could get my feet under the table and start earning, then I would be able to look around and decide which career path I fancied, you will need time to look around at the different options on offer and of course more importantly locations, too many people come to NZ and settle in the first place they land in. use your skills to your advantage first!

cheers
I do agree to some extent but my heart not in it anymore don't think it would be fair to the employer but it may not be so bad if I did it part time & retrained to do something else at same time
Old Mar 8th 2010, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BEVS
Aw mate ! Have some smiley karma.

It's a tough one innit. Thinking what new direction to take.

What about volunteering with the SPCA or similar. Or summat to do with cats ?
Thanks Bevs I have thought about volunteering there is a service on the west coast where you give up 10 mins of your day to phone someone vunverable to have a chat & make sure they are ok & basically brighten there day. The cats would be good too I love my babies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.