Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New To Botony Area ? need to chat ?

New To Botony Area ? need to chat ?

Old Nov 3rd 2008, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

Superwoman x 5 will become famous soon enoughSuperwoman x 5 will become famous soon enough
Default New To Botony Area ? need to chat ?

Hi my names julie moved to Botany area about 10 weeks ago looking for any Scottish/British expats to talk to about feelings/worries/help each other through the hard days when you feeling a little lonely!!
hope to here from you all soon keep smiling julie
Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New To Botony Area ? need to chat ?

Originally Posted by Superwoman x 5
Hi my names julie moved to Botany area about 10 weeks ago looking for any Scottish/British expats to talk to about feelings/worries/help each other through the hard days when you feeling a little lonely!!
Hi Juile

Ex Galsgow (Bellshill) but in south island been here for a year now ........ how time flies when you get settled.

Im sure you will love the place, albeit your in North..... hahaha
Old Nov 7th 2008, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Julie. I live in Botany. A Kiwi married to a Brit (but I do have some Scottish heritage)

If I can help you let me know.
Old Nov 9th 2008, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Julie, I am out at Beachlands so not too far away. We will have to arrange a Botany meet up at some point.

Moomoo has just moved to Botany too..... we will have to arrange something, although if its in the daytime my little girl will have to come along too I'm a full time mum and my little lad has his first day at school tomorrow!
Old Nov 11th 2008, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Superwoman x 5 will become famous soon enoughSuperwoman x 5 will become famous soon enough
Cool Re: New To Botony Area ? need to chat ?

Originally Posted by alanmacc
Hi Juile

Ex Galsgow (Bellshill) but in south island been here for a year now ........ how time flies when you get settled.

Im sure you will love the place, albeit your in North..... hahaha
Hi Alan , We thought about going to the south island before we got a job in Auckland .We are loving NZ and like you time is just flying in ....

and it is nice to see the big round hot thing in the sky, back in Scotland I started to forget what it looked like!!! lol
Old Nov 11th 2008, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
Hi Julie. I live in Botany. A Kiwi married to a Brit (but I do have some Scottish heritage)

If I can help you let me know.
Thanks for the reply Bellas mum , I am sorry to everyone who thinks I was just wanting posts from expats and scottish folks I ment kiwis as well !! As I didnt come over to live like a scottish person or from the uk , I do want to learn to live the kiwi way of life and fit in as much as possible!
I must admit I was feeling a bit lost when I wrote the post and was wanting someone to talk with, as we all know lots of emmotions going on and it is not helping that my eldest son Dino is starting his first post in Kuwait then Iraq with the British Army
Old Nov 11th 2008, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: New To Botony Area ? need to chat ?

Originally Posted by SarahB
Hi Julie, I am out at Beachlands so not too far away. We will have to arrange a Botany meet up at some point.

Moomoo has just moved to Botany too..... we will have to arrange something, although if its in the daytime my little girl will have to come along too I'm a full time mum and my little lad has his first day at school tomorrow!
Hi Sarah nice to talk to you, Be nice to have some folks around for a cuppa and a chat we could arrange a coffee at my house ? As I have 3 and half year old twins and it is better for them to play with toys etc as sitting at a local coffee shop me and hubby are saving that for our quiet years..lol
Or we could arrange to go to Chipmunks ? be good to get a few mums together the more the better we all need support..
Anyone wanting to arrange something just pm me thanks julie
Old Nov 12th 2008, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply Bellas mum , I am sorry to everyone who thinks I was just wanting posts from expats and scottish folks I ment kiwis as well !! As I didnt come over to live like a scottish person or from the uk , I do want to learn to live the kiwi way of life and fit in as much as possible!
I must admit I was feeling a bit lost when I wrote the post and was wanting someone to talk with, as we all know lots of emmotions going on and it is not helping that my eldest son Dino is starting his first post in Kuwait then Iraq with the British Army
Gosh you do have a lot going on Superwoman.

Take care and enjoy your NZ experience.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

CindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the rough

Hi julie looks like we've been here about the same time. We moved into our new house in Dannemora mid August. Been busy settling in but could do with a chat and a coffee, my youngest is the same age as your littlies and could do with a few playpals as well. PM me if you would like to meet up
Old Nov 17th 2008, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

CindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the rough

Hi julie.tried to PM you,but apparently I need to have 3 or more posts to do that.Would love to be part of your meet up.Can you let me know if anything has been arranged.Chipmunks sounds a great idea,often take my little man along tothe one in pakuranga.Brilliant place to tire out a 3 year old.Look forward to hearing from you.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 9:48 pm
sean n

sean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant future

Hi, Im in pakuranga, not far from botany.I have been over for 9 months living in pakaranga for 3 and dont know anyone.Id be up for a meet up if i can include myself, please? Im 4 months pregnant with my 3rd(i have 2 boys aged 8 & 10) and not working at the mo due to nauseau so get abit lonely.so please if i can tag along look forward to hearing from anyone. thanks, vikki
Old Nov 17th 2008, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sean n
Hi, Im in pakuranga, not far from botany.I have been over for 9 months living in pakaranga for 3 and dont know anyone.Id be up for a meet up if i can include myself, please? Im 4 months pregnant with my 3rd(i have 2 boys aged 8 & 10) and not working at the mo due to nauseau so get abit lonely.so please if i can tag along look forward to hearing from anyone. thanks, vikki
Hi all my new pals who are interested in meeting up for chat coffee i was thinking about getting something sorted at my house kids more than welcome,
which day suits you all? Pm me and we will get it sorted for asap
thanks julie :-)
Old Nov 18th 2008, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Moomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Julie

As SarahB said, we have just moved to Botany, but moving to long term rental in Whitford soon. Have been here four weeks ... Enjoying everything so far.

Just waiting for our container to be delivered from the port, then we can move to the new property. Frustrating at the moment, cos the container came into port on Monday and I am waiting on news of a delivery date.

I would love to be involved in a meet up and have yet to meet Sarah, so if we could all meet up that would be great!

I can do anytime/any day at the moment ... unless our container is delivered and I will be busy moving house!

Old Nov 20th 2008, 6:14 am
Just Joined

anwanti is a jewel in the roughanwanti is a jewel in the roughanwanti is a jewel in the roughanwanti is a jewel in the roughanwanti is a jewel in the rough

Hi

I have been in NZ 9 months and living in Botany. Hoping to meet new mums, I have a 3year old daughter and I gave birth to another girl in May, she is now 6 months. Life has been all go since coming over from Britain. I would love to speak to new mums, might not always be able to meet up as its difficult with the two sometimes, especially when they are not on their best behavior.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anwanti
Hi

I have been in NZ 9 months and living in Botany. Hoping to meet new mums, I have a 3year old daughter and I gave birth to another girl in May, she is now 6 months. Life has been all go since coming over from Britain. I would love to speak to new mums, might not always be able to meet up as its difficult with the two sometimes, especially when they are not on their best behavior.
LOL.... you mean they are not little angels?? My little girl was born here and is definately a kiwi!! She will not wear shoes or takes them off at every opportunity. My son keeps his shoes on all the time and doesnt even like walking over the beach or grass barefoot.

How did you find the pregnancy/birth thing over here compared to UK?

Sarah x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.