Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New To Botony Area ? need to chat ?

New To Botony Area ? need to chat ?

Old Nov 24th 2008, 5:35 am
Just Joined

anwanti is a jewel in the roughanwanti is a jewel in the roughanwanti is a jewel in the roughanwanti is a jewel in the roughanwanti is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: New To Botony Area ? need to chat ?

Originally Posted by SarahB
LOL.... you mean they are not little angels?? My little girl was born here and is definately a kiwi!! She will not wear shoes or takes them off at every opportunity. My son keeps his shoes on all the time and doesnt even like walking over the beach or grass barefoot.

uHow did you find the pregnancy/birth thing over here compared to UK?

Sarah x
Thanks for the reply. I came over to NZ when I was 26wks pregnant, the doctors and hospitals were really good as I was a diabetics, monitored me really closely right up until the end. Stayed in hospital about 4 days as my daughter was only 5lb 3oz. She is now teething and crying alot.

Some days it is really hard, especially as I am a home all day every day looking after them.

How long have you been living in NZ
Old Nov 24th 2008, 5:55 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi there.
I'm about to close the thread as Intro. threads should only remain open for about a week. Please do feel free to start a brand new thread in the main NZ forum. If I see the thread, I'll make the effort to post a link to it here.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:06 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Eh? Dunno what happened there. I only look to close threads in the Intro forum after about a week. Not sure how this thread got caught up in that.
Sorry.

I can merge both the threads together if you wish Anwanti
Old Nov 26th 2008, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Superwoman x 5 will become famous soon enoughSuperwoman x 5 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: New To Botony Area ? need to chat ?

Wow !! so glad your all making arrangements to get meeting folks sorry not been in touch but have been busy and to be honest not sure how this site works just getting used to PM etc ....or maybe i can blame the Blonde thing...lol....
If your interested in joining me at my house for a coffee during the day on Tuesday 2nd December just PM me everyone it would be great to see you all.

Have a good weekend from julie
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

Superwoman x 5 will become famous soon enoughSuperwoman x 5 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Superwoman x 5
Wow !! so glad your all making arrangements to get meeting folks sorry not been in touch but have been busy and to be honest not sure how this site works just getting used to PM etc ....or maybe i can blame the Blonde thing...lol....
If your interested in joining me at my house for a coffee during the day on Tuesday 2nd December just PM me everyone it would be great to see you all.

Have a good weekend from julie
Thankyou to all of you who made an effort to meet up at my house was lovely to meet you all hope its the start of some great days with chats and coffee making each other smile with storys good and bad . Its nice to know your not alone after all a pat on the back to you as you have made it this far NZ is the other side of the world!! You are still the same person only living life in a different way and if your like me...Loving it!!
Have a good weekend keep smiling :-)

from julie xxx
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Thankyou to all of you who made an effort to meet up at my house was lovely to meet you all hope its the start of some great days with chats and coffee making each other smile with storys good and bad . Its nice to know your not alone after all a pat on the back to you as you have made it this far NZ is the other side of the world!! You are still the same person only living life in a different way and if your like me...Loving it!!

from julie xxx
Had a really nice chat and a few well needed laughs,looking forward to next week...Jacky
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 4:09 am
sean n

sean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant future

from julie xxx

Thankyou so much for today sorry if i winged im in practise to live upto the rep(not)!!! LOL!!! It was lovely to put faces to names, cant wait to meet up again next week.Thanks Julie for being such a fantastic hostess!!!

Have a great weekend

vikki,xx
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Everyone I am going to my local playgroup on monday 8th Dec it is great fun and for kids all ages from babys to preschool we get together for a coffee and the kids play cost $4 per family lady called Dawn runs it she has music time and remember bring morning tea for kids snack it is at St Columba church 480 Ti Rakau Drive Botany Downs Auckland just next to paradise ice rink.
I am meeting a few friends and hopefully a few new ones come along and meet me it will be fun for the kids and mum you can have some chat time !!

Hope to see you there

have a good weekend

julie

Old Dec 10th 2008, 7:19 pm
sean n

sean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant future

Hi all, coffee morning at mine Tuesday 16th Dec 10.30.

PM me if you are able to come and i will give you my address etc.

Hope to see you there as it may be our last before xmas.

Hope you all well and Thanks so both Julie and Jacky whom have already welcomed us into their homes for coffee mornings they have been great.

Hope to see you Tuesday.

Have a great weekend.

Take care,
Vikki
Old Jan 11th 2009, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

Sue Haddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi my name is Sue, My husband, daughter and I have moved to Bottany from the UK and have been in New Zealand approx 3 weeks we are desperate for some advise. My daughter is getting extremly bored as we live in an elderly area.

My husband is working all day and my daughter and I would love to meet up with some people.

I hope to hear from somebody.

Regards, Sue and Michaela.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sue Haddy
Hi my name is Sue, My husband, daughter and I have moved to Bottany from the UK and have been in New Zealand approx 3 weeks we are desperate for some advise. My daughter is getting extremly bored as we live in an elderly area.

My husband is working all day and my daughter and I would love to meet up with some people.

I hope to hear from somebody.

Regards, Sue and Michaela.
Hi Sue,

I'll get my wife to give you a shout later....She meets up with most of the others in this thread, and we have a drink now and again with all the family....What age is your daughter? We have one at 14 and a son at 7 (or nearer 8 as he would remind us).... I'm sure they would make you welcome....where in the UK are you from?....Cheers
Old Jan 11th 2009, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for making contact. I would love to hear from your wife, my daughter and I are not very busy at the moment so if we are invited we would love to attend a meet up with other people on the thread.
My daughter is 6 years old (7 in April 09) and is very much a tom boy.
We have moved from Luton, Bedfordshire and from what I hear the weather is extremely bad back home.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sue & Michaela.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sue Haddy
Thank you for making contact. I would love to hear from your wife, my daughter and I are not very busy at the moment so if we are invited we would love to attend a meet up with other people on the thread.
My daughter is 6 years old (7 in April 09) and is very much a tom boy.
We have moved from Luton, Bedfordshire and from what I hear the weather is extremely bad back home.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sue & Michaela.

Hi Sue,and welcome to New Zealand...I know how hard it is when you first get here,we will have to do something about that...Theres quite a lot of us around this area ,but plenty of room for more.you can never have too many friends in a new Country..lol..
Will try to arrange a coffee get together with all the usual crowd,Its not so easy at the moment as we all seem to have visitors over until the end of January,but will see if I can get something arranged for next week sometime..will send you a PM with my home address and phone number in the meantime incase you need any help with anything..Hope to meet up with you soon..Jacky
Old Jan 12th 2009, 5:50 am
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: New To Botony Area ? need to chat ?

Thank you both for your response, it is really reassuring knowing there are people out there that care and want to help people settle down. Since my husband started work I have been feeling a bit isolated, a meet would be great but I do understand that everybody has other commitments. I am also seeking employment and have an interview next Tuesday (week tomorrow) with an agency in Auckland City. Hopefully we can meet up some other time next week or when ever is convenient for all.

Thank you again, you have lifted my spirits by being able to communicate with people who have been/are in the same situation.

Kind Regards

Sue:
Old Jan 12th 2009, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi again Sue....

What type of employment are you looking for? Are you able to travel or are you looking for something in the Botany area?

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.