British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   New Baby (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/new-baby-718818/)

thedtb May 29th 2011 12:38 pm

New Baby

1 Attachment(s)
Just wanted to share our news...

Today (Sunday 29th) my wife gave birth to our third, perfectly adorable little boy. :thumbsup:

Born at 14:35 weighing 7lb 4oz. We've named him "Xander".

Both he and Mum are doing great and his two big brothers (6yrs and 3yrs) are completely stoked.

Our eldest had said that if it was a boy, he was going to put him in the bin/trash. But having met him now, he says we're ok to keep this one but if the next one (getting a little ahead of himself) is a boy, that one will just "have to go" apparently?! :eek:

I'm not entirely sure what's what from hereonin in terms of immigration status etc, but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough... but in the meantime I'm informed that Xander will be entitled to an NZ Passport from birth.

If that turns out to be true, it's slightly amusing given the rest of his family are still awaiting news of their PR application!

Anyhow... that's it. I'm a new Dad all over again and sat here alone whilst the other two boys are fast asleep in bed, facing the prospect of retiring to a cold bed alone... I just had to share my news with someone!

:eek::eek::eek:

chippy64 May 29th 2011 1:02 pm

Re: New Baby

Congratulations to all of you! Have a beer on me! :beer:

JAJ May 29th 2011 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by thedtb (Post 9395352)
I'm not entirely sure what's what from hereonin in terms of immigration status etc, but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough... but in the meantime I'm informed that Xander will be entitled to an NZ Passport from birth.

If that turns out to be true, it's slightly amusing given the rest of his family are still awaiting news of their PR application!

Congratulations ... but if you are not PR at the time of birth, then he's not a New Zealand citizen. He should have your existing status automatically but you will need to add him to your PR application.

JenR May 29th 2011 7:17 pm

beautiful photo!! congratulations! x

Scousebird May 29th 2011 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by JenR (Post 9395987)
beautiful photo!! congratulations! x

Ask Xander if he will sponsor you!

Congrats and well done its lovely having a new member of your family. Love the name.

Sorry about the humour but NZIS are sending me slightly demented.

shirl May 29th 2011 7:38 pm

Awww welcome to the world Xander, congrats to you all.
Isn't a new life just amazing. We are a great species aren't we to be able to bring such perfectly formed little ones into the world. xx :)

Wessa May 29th 2011 8:08 pm

Congratulations.. A true blue NZ baby.. Awesome.. :thumbsup:

Here's to the funny sleeping times again eh.. :D

Have one from me too :beer:

Gary ;)

RobDon May 29th 2011 8:57 pm

Awwwwwwww! :wub:
Congratulations to all of you. :thumbsup:

Persephone May 29th 2011 9:38 pm

Many congratulations:thumbup::thumbup:
Welcome to the world Xander!

Our eldest had said that if it was a boy, he was going to put him in the bin/trash. But having met him now, he says we're ok to keep this one but if the next one (getting a little ahead of himself) is a boy, that one will just "have to go" apparently?!

:rofl::rofl: Better make sure it's a girl then. Or if it turns out to be a boy you could always sell it to Angelina or Madonna, neither of them have a Kiwi baby [yet!]

BEVS May 30th 2011 12:14 am

Very many congratulations . Welcome to this world Xander.
May all his days be happy, healthy and prosperous. :)

As JAJ states , if you are not of PR status, you need to add your new babe to your PR application.

lisamct May 30th 2011 2:26 am

Aww congratulations, what a cutie!!

Woodpigeon May 30th 2011 5:41 am

Congrats :)

When I was expecting our third our eldest, then aged around 3 - 4 years, asked "when we get the new baby do we give her back?" pointing to his sister :rofl:

simonmarkellis May 30th 2011 6:05 am

Congratulations... fantastic news...:thumbsup:

Am Loolah May 30th 2011 6:21 am

Ahhhhh, huge congratulations to you and all the family.:wub:

thedtb May 30th 2011 9:16 am

Thank you, everyone, for all the good wishes.

Mum and son are doing fine and me and the other two are just about hanging on to the running of the house without her :-)

All being well the two of them could be out of hospital and home tomorrow!

On the subject of passports etc, I figured it was probably too easy but just hadn't had time to look in to it beforehand... he wasn't due until June 10th so he caught us somewhat by surprise! I wasn't too concerned about it anyway as we'd just go along with it regardless.

However...

Just noticed that we'd somehow overlooked an email from Immigration on May 23rd telling us that the status of our application had changed. Logged in to check immediately and it looks supiciously like our PR application has been approved.

Going to email our case-office to ask for confirmation before throwing a party but.... it's looking good so far.

:-)