New to Auckland

Old Jan 11th 2010, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

stefanie115 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to Auckland

Hi everyone, I'm actually a kiwi but have been living abroad for 13 years and have dual NZ/UK nationality. I've been in London for the last 9 yrs and Japan and Germany for 4 years before that.

I've never lived in Auckland before so just finding my way around. I've returned to live with my partner who's in the Air Force and am in Hobsonville, Waitakere, at the end of the North Western motorway. I would be interested in hearing from anyone living around here.

I'm also looking for a sports team or some way to keep fit outdoors. Thinking about joining a tramping / mountaineering club if anyone has any recommendations.

Thanks!
Stefanie
Old Jan 11th 2010, 9:52 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to Auckland

Originally Posted by stefanie115
Hi everyone, I'm actually a kiwi but have been living abroad for 13 years and have dual NZ/UK nationality. I've been in London for the last 9 yrs and Japan and Germany for 4 years before that.

I've never lived in Auckland before so just finding my way around. I've returned to live with my partner who's in the Air Force and am in Hobsonville, Waitakere, at the end of the North Western motorway. I would be interested in hearing from anyone living around here.

I'm also looking for a sports team or some way to keep fit outdoors. Thinking about joining a tramping / mountaineering club if anyone has any recommendations.

Thanks!
Stefanie
Hi & Welcome
We're not actually in NZ yet so can't help with suggestions......just wanted to say 'Hi & welcome!!' there are quite a few friendly BE members in your area tho so I'm sure you get some help.
Enjoy your return to NZ!!
B x
Old Jan 12th 2010, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by stefanie115

Thanks!
Stefanie
Welcome! We have just arrived in Auckland too, but am in temp accommodation in the CBD at the mo with the hope to move to the North Shore once we find a job.

Post back on here if you find any tramping / mountaineering clubs as I'd be interested in these too, and never though about it until now.

All the best!
Old Jan 13th 2010, 9:20 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by AndyR
Welcome! We have just arrived in Auckland too, but am in temp accommodation in the CBD at the mo with the hope to move to the North Shore once we find a job.

Post back on here if you find any tramping / mountaineering clubs as I'd be interested in these too, and never though about it until now.

All the best!
Hi just want to say welcome to you too.

Tina
Old Jan 13th 2010, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
Hi just want to say welcome to you too.

Tina
Thx! Loving Auckland so far

Are you on your way out on 22nd Jan then?
Old Jan 13th 2010, 10:34 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by AndyR
Thx! Loving Auckland so far

Are you on your way out on 22nd Jan then?
Yeah cannot wait but so nervous, happy, and excited but dreading the good byes just want to sleep past that bit lol. I know that's not possible though, haha. Have a great day we just off to bed, pmsl. X x x
Old Jan 14th 2010, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
Yeah cannot wait but so nervous, happy, and excited but dreading the good byes just want to sleep past that bit lol. I know that's not possible though, haha. Have a great day we just off to bed, pmsl. X x x
Goodbye are the worst, I hate to say it! I thought I would be fine, and I was right until the bit when my folks dropped me and the misses at the Heathrow hotel and I said "well thats it then" and my Mom & Dad fell to pieces in front of us

Not a nice experience but once you've gone past it, it does get easier so hang in there!

All the best.