Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New arrivals in NZ

New arrivals in NZ

Old Dec 5th 2009, 5:41 am
Just Joined

Abigayle is just really niceAbigayle is just really niceAbigayle is just really niceAbigayle is just really niceAbigayle is just really niceAbigayle is just really niceAbigayle is just really niceAbigayle is just really nice
Default New arrivals in NZ

Hello
We arrived in New Zealand in August 09, and are trying to cope with all the different emotions you go through with such a life changing event, looking forward to meeting new friends and chatting to those who have taken this huge step.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New arrivals in NZ

Originally Posted by ;8147923
Hello
We arrived in New Zealand in August 09, and are trying to cope with all the different emotions you go through with such a life changing event, looking forward to meeting new friends and chatting to those who have taken this huge step.
Welcome to the Mad House!!! Where have you stationed yourselves?
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ;8147923
Hello
Hi Gail,

We (myself, the wife and our two kids [4yrs & 2yrs]) got here in September and are going through ALL of those emotions too!

You'll find all of us here on the forum, a friendly, helpful, bunch for sure and if you've got any thoughts/concerns you want to get off your chest, here is a good place to do so!

That being said, I have to admit that I'm currently craving that face-to-face contact and missing not having "friends" nearby... I'm hoping that with our eldest going to Kindy (Kindergarten) from Monday onwards and me entertaining our 2 year old each day, that I'll starting meeting more people as a result, will forge some new friendships and stop feeling quite so isolated as I find I sometimes feel out here.

Whereabouts in NZ are you?
Old Dec 5th 2009, 9:30 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

We're not in New Zealand but wanted to welcome you to the forum and I'm sure you'll find lots of friendly and helpful people here very soon. Best of luck to you. It's normal to go through ups and downs, just hang in there and I'm sure things will even out soon
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

Abigayle is just really niceAbigayle is just really niceAbigayle is just really niceAbigayle is just really niceAbigayle is just really niceAbigayle is just really niceAbigayle is just really niceAbigayle is just really nice

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Welcome to the Mad House!!! Where have you stationed yourselves?
thank for the welcome Simon, we are in the busy city of Auckland West from here, it is lovely to be close to the city but not too close, we came here to try and get away from the rat race, cheers Gail
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: New arrivals in NZ

Originally Posted by thedtb
Hi Gail,

We (myself, the wife and our two kids [4yrs & 2yrs]) got here in September and are going through ALL of those emotions too!

You'll find all of us here on the forum, a friendly, helpful, bunch for sure and if you've got any thoughts/concerns you want to get off your chest, here is a good place to do so!

That being said, I have to admit that I'm currently craving that face-to-face contact and missing not having "friends" nearby... I'm hoping that with our eldest going to Kindy (Kindergarten) from Monday onwards and me entertaining our 2 year old each day, that I'll starting meeting more people as a result, will forge some new friendships and stop feeling quite so isolated as I find I sometimes feel out here.

Whereabouts in NZ are you?
Thank you for your reply, it is very reassuring to know that we are not alone, it is very isolating and is hard constantly making an effort with new people trying to make friends and fit in. We are in the west of Auckland, that is myself, husband and 5 year old son. I was working full time when we first arrived so missed out on meeting parents on the school runs which is usually a good way to meet potential new friends. I have just recently reduced my working week to four days so that I can have a better family life work balance. I am settling quite well, but my husband is finding it harder which is ironic because this was initially his dream and I went along with it after much persuasion ( sorry cant spell at mo), I had more to leave behind in the UK. Our son is doing ok but unsettled misses grandparents and friends he had met having started school when he was 4. Where are you guys at?
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: New arrivals in NZ

Originally Posted by Kija
We're not in New Zealand but wanted to welcome you to the forum and I'm sure you'll find lots of friendly and helpful people here very soon. Best of luck to you. It's normal to go through ups and downs, just hang in there and I'm sure things will even out soon
thanks for that it is reassuring to know there is support when you need it.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 9:37 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gail, welcome to this friendly, informative forum!!
Also not in NZ yet but you will find lots of 'virtual' friends here!!
Best wishes B x
Old Dec 6th 2009, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome

we also arrived here in August
Old Dec 6th 2009, 2:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MnB
Hi Gail, welcome to this friendly, informative forum!!
Also not in NZ yet but you will find lots of 'virtual' friends here!!
Best wishes B x
thanks i hope so G x
Old Dec 6th 2009, 2:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MooMoo290373
Hello and welcome

we also arrived here in August
Hi and cheers still early days... G x
Old Dec 6th 2009, 10:48 am
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Abigayle
Hi and cheers still early days... G x
Hi and welcome, we hope to be joining you in jan 2010 not long,. if c/o shifts her butt that is

Tina, Will, Josh and Harri. x
Old Dec 6th 2009, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
Hi and welcome, we hope to be joining you in jan 2010 not long,. if c/o shifts her butt that is

Tina, Will, Josh and Harri. x
Thanks for the welcome, we remember how exciting it was to be successful, have a lovely xmas and all the best for the big move in Jan 10 Gail x
Old Jan 4th 2010, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

kingsley38 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Abigayle
Thanks for the welcome, we remember how exciting it was to be successful, have a lovely xmas and all the best for the big move in Jan 10 Gail x
Hi we're kingsley,kelly and little oscar , we're thinking of moving to new zealand in the near future and just trying to contact people who could help with advise on properties and work and the way of life !! Could you please help in any way? we would love to hear from you.

Take care and thank you
Kingsley
Old Jan 4th 2010, 5:09 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Abyigayle
you are starting find more friends its tough when you are starting over in a new country, good luck

Dewb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.