Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New application fees for Skilled Migrant residence applications

New application fees for Skilled Migrant residence applications

Old Nov 16th 2010, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Rachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really nice
Unhappy New application fees for Skilled Migrant residence applications

Hello All

i have just received the following email i have attached below. If i had balls i would feel like someone had just kicked me in them. Unfortunately we do not have our medicals until 06/12 so we will just have to come up with the extra money.

Dear applicant,
Our records show that we have sent you an invitation to apply (ITA) for residence to New Zealand under the Skilled Migrant Category and that you are yet to submit your residence application to the London Branch of Immigration New Zealand.
On 29 November 2010 our fees will change and all applications submitted to us on that date or later will be charged at the new application fee irrespective of the fee quoted in your invitation to apply letter.
The new application processing fee for Skilled Migrant residence applications will be GBP £1005.00.
Applications received before 27 November 2010 will be charged at the current fee of GBP £865.00.
Please ensure that you enclose the correct fee when you submit your application. We accept payment by personal or bank cheque or draft, Visa card, Mastercard or debit card. We no longer accept cash as payment at the London Branch.
You can send your application to us by courier or registered mail or you can make an application to us in person. Click here for our location and opening hours.
Remember to have your application in to us within four months from the issue date of your ITA unless you have approached us for an extension. If you do not wish to proceed with your application then please get in touch by replying to this email with your EOI number asking us to withdraw your invitation to apply.
We look forward to receiving your application soon.
Kind regards,
The Skilled Migrant Team
Old Nov 16th 2010, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New application fees for Skilled Migrant residence applications

ooohhh....that's a huge increase!!

Afraid they've got you where they want you though...pay or don't bother

Is the fee per person or per application? e.g if you have a partner named on there??
Old Nov 16th 2010, 5:00 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder what we charge for entrants applying for UK .........
Old Nov 16th 2010, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold

Settlement visa......Spouse / civil partner of a settled person £644

...........Parent, grandparent and other dependant relative of a settled person
£1680

Work visa....General migrant £690
Skilled worker £270

Lots of other fees also....but still less than NZ...
Old Nov 17th 2010, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

Rachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Wonder what we charge for entrants applying for UK .........
Thats what me and my partner were saying last night, we have worked so hard just to get out ITA, wonder if people even have to try to get into the UK.
Well its pay up or give up and there is no way i am giving up, so i'll have to just save some more, maybe a second job next year to help.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 11:17 pm
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachelb82
Hello All

i have just received the following email i have attached below. If i had balls i would feel like someone had just kicked me in them. Unfortunately we do not have our medicals until 06/12 so we will just have to come up with the extra money.

Dear applicant,
Our records show that we have sent you an invitation to apply (ITA) for residence to New Zealand under the Skilled Migrant Category and that you are yet to submit your residence application to the London Branch of Immigration New Zealand.
On 29 November 2010 our fees will change and all applications submitted to us on that date or later will be charged at the new application fee irrespective of the fee quoted in your invitation to apply letter.
The new application processing fee for Skilled Migrant residence applications will be GBP £1005.00.
Applications received before 27 November 2010 will be charged at the current fee of GBP £865.00.
Please ensure that you enclose the correct fee when you submit your application. We accept payment by personal or bank cheque or draft, Visa card, Mastercard or debit card. We no longer accept cash as payment at the London Branch.
You can send your application to us by courier or registered mail or you can make an application to us in person. Click here for our location and opening hours.
Remember to have your application in to us within four months from the issue date of your ITA unless you have approached us for an extension. If you do not wish to proceed with your application then please get in touch by replying to this email with your EOI number asking us to withdraw your invitation to apply.
We look forward to receiving your application soon.
Kind regards,
The Skilled Migrant Team
How can they justify an increase like that, is it just the difference in the exchange rates?

Can't you bring your medicals forward - go to another doctor perhaps?