Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New Air NZ uniforms

New Air NZ uniforms

Old Sep 13th 2011, 12:06 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy New Air NZ uniforms

Over the years I've got used to the green/grey uniforms of Air NZ and always thought they looked quite smart, subtle and classy. On my last flight one of the staff had a pashmina over her shoulders and looked very elegant I thought.

Well I dropped Mr S off at the airport two weeks ago and couldn't believe the new uniforms and it looks like these will be on the planes as well The male helper [?] had on a pin striped white shirt and a waistcoat with a chequered pattern on the back, each 3cm square had a picture or quote in it. He looked more like a dodgy stage magician or hypnotist than someone dealing with the travelling public. His uniform did not even look similar to the female one. One poor girl had on a short waistlength fitted jacket [black] with a pleat/ruff round the bottom, the like of which I haven't seen since the 80s, the black trousers were ok though. She had a necktie in lime green. Another one had a just below the knee length [never flattering to any body shape!] fairly straight skirt in a vivid shade of lime green with large black koro patterns all over it and what looked like a blouse of the same pattern underneath her black jacket. My eyes were already hurting when I saw another female uniform, this time in shocking pink with the same patterns on it

I had to Google it when I got back home and apparently these are the new Air NZ uniforms by Trelise Cooper. I will have to wait until the man is back to find out what they were wearing on the plane but the examples I saw looked cheap, way too patterned and bright and there seemed little cohesion between the male and female uniforms. I'm sure they'll do wonders for the air sickness rates on the flights...
I pity the poor staff who have to wear these.

Please tell me it's not just me!!!

Last edited by Persephone; Sep 13th 2011 at 12:13 pm.
Old Sep 13th 2011, 12:14 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Air NZ uniforms

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/phot...3326779/photos

Some examples! The colours in the photos looked toned down compared to what I saw- maybe they'll fade with washing
Old Sep 13th 2011, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE The colours in the photos looked toned down compared to what I saw- maybe they'll fade with washing[/QUOTE]

Maybe if you use bleach???
Old Sep 13th 2011, 9:06 pm
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute

Same as Corrections , we have had the same Green and Beige since 1976 , and now we all look like Police , even when i go home from work and stop off in a shop with the florescent jacket on, it has badges on the sleeves that look like cop ones, people take a second look at you and if you are in a place like Pak and Slave, there are some dodgy characters in those places , wonder how long it will be before a Corrections officer gets mistaken for a Cop and gets the bash !!!??? Why cant people stop trying to fix things when they are not broken ??
Old Sep 13th 2011, 9:37 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you name your child Trellis?
Old Sep 13th 2011, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobClubley
Why would you name your child Trellis?
Lol, there are many silly names here in NZ but her name is Trelise, not Trellis

Am not surprised by the weirdness of her creations - she thinks she IS the fashion goddess in this country!
Old Sep 14th 2011, 12:51 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cappuccino
Lol, there are many silly names here in NZ but her name is Trelise, not Trellis

Am not surprised by the weirdness of her creations - she thinks she IS the fashion goddess in this country!
I always think Trellis when I see it

Talking of names I was in the hospital the other day and I heard some mums calling their children during the 3 hours I was waiting.

Best names were Legacy and Exodus. Seriously?!?
Old Sep 14th 2011, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I've just flown with AirNZ and thought the pretty young lady who was attending to my needs looked very nice
in her pink and black get up. . . . oh wait!! that was a dream I had on the flight

Have heard one boy called Deceivious and know a little girl who's idiot south Auckland mother
gave her a stupid gang name, she now lives with her dad and everyone calls her bubbles
which suits her much better, but she is only 4
Old Sep 14th 2011, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

I love this TradeMe message board thread about kids names: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/M...13993&topic=23
Old Sep 14th 2011, 9:05 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cappuccino
I love this TradeMe message board thread about kids names: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/M...13993&topic=23
could be worse......they could change their own name to Worthy Redeemed and then be up on a charge of manslaughter

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10751803
Old Sep 16th 2011, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
I'm sure they'll do wonders for the air sickness rates on the flights...
I pity the poor staff who have to wear these.

Please tell me it's not just me!!!
Someone once famously remarked that Kiwis couldn't be trusted to match a t-shirt with a pair of jeans. Usually when these big corporates roll out new uniforms they get a team of employees in on the opinion panel.

Can only think that they chose a bunch of bored and disgruntled staff that were working their notice.

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Sep 16th 2011 at 11:29 am.
Old Sep 16th 2011, 7:29 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Can only think that they chose a bunch of bored and disgruntled staff that were working their notice.
Brilliant!!
Old Sep 17th 2011, 8:28 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

So, they have changed the uniforms one again rather than bringing down internal air flight prices.

Oh ! and, scourge me eyeballs, they are rubbish just like the last cheap and nasty lot