new to this

Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

lindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nice
Default new to this

hi I am new to the site. I am a yoga teacher, hubby is a builder. We are planning on moving out to Tauranga area in about 12 - 18 months with 14 year old daughter and 17 yr old son. Our 20 year old daughter will come later when she has finished her apprenticeship with Audi. Any ideas on areas to live or colleges for 14 year old - will be 16 when we come.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 12:56 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new to this

Originally Posted by lindsay loo
hi I am new to the site. I am a yoga teacher, hubby is a builder. We are planning on moving out to Tauranga area in about 12 - 18 months with 14 year old daughter and 17 yr old son. Our 20 year old daughter will come later when she has finished her apprenticeship with Audi. Any ideas on areas to live or colleges for 14 year old - will be 16 when we come.
Hi and welcome to the forum - have some karma to set you on your way.
Can't help with your questions - try posting them on the main forum as they will be seen by more posters there.
Karen
Old Apr 27th 2008, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

krissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant future

hiya
your daughter is the same age as mine...
if youre gonna live in tauranga theres only the girls college. Travel to otumoetai and theres otumoetai college or over at the mount theres the mount college!!!! pay fees to go to bethlehem college and aquinas college (religious). other than that, it depends what she wants to do as there is the polytech in Tauranga too.. mine go to girls college, and although I was a bit bothered about the 'all girls' thing, she absolutely loves it and is doing very well there! let me know if you need any more info but there will also be websites for all the schools!
Old Apr 27th 2008, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

kira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant future

hi lindsay
we are also thinking of moving in the tauranga area, my hubby is a joiner, ive just finished my diploma in psychology at the open uni and also have children 2 girls age 12 and 9. we are hoping to be moved about 14 to 18 months time. im just wondering are you using an agency or doing it yourselves as im anticipating which way to go.
kira
Old Apr 27th 2008, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

krissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant future

DO IT YOURSELVES!!!!! The agents just want money and its really not that hard to do, just time consuming!! my oh is a joiner too and got work no problem....you can pick n choose jobs in that trade!! pays not too hot though!!

just make sure you have all his trade certificates and proof of apprenticeships etc..
Old Apr 28th 2008, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

lindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nice

Originally Posted by kira
hi lindsay
we are also thinking of moving in the tauranga area, my hubby is a joiner, ive just finished my diploma in psychology at the open uni and also have children 2 girls age 12 and 9. we are hoping to be moved about 14 to 18 months time. im just wondering are you using an agency or doing it yourselves as im anticipating which way to go.
kira
Hi we are not using an agency as everyone seems to say that they rip you off, so doing ourselves. We have just sent off for replacement birth certificates and an application to get hubby's building qualifications recognised. We are hoping to wait til nearer the time and hopefully find him a job offer, that would be the easiest way to go.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by karonious
Hi and welcome to the forum - have some karma to set you on your way.
Can't help with your questions - try posting them on the main forum as they will be seen by more posters there.
Karen
Thanks Karen for the Karma!

Will post on the main forum pages.

Lindsay x
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

kira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant future

Hi we are not using an agency as everyone seems to say that they rip you off, so doing ourselves. We have just sent off for replacement birth certificates and an application to get hubby's building qualifications recognised. We are hoping to wait til nearer the time and hopefully find him a job offer, that would be the easiest way to go.
the more i read on here the more im against using an agency,lol. we are going to a seminar meeting thing next week over in leeds which tells us how its all done, what to do ect ect, my hubby who wants to do things right is saying to go with an agency incase we mess up any forms but they are asking a silly amount of money to find you a job and school places ect which im sure i can do by flicking around the internet and using the phone. hope you dont mind me asking but how much do you think you save without an agency (it gives me more ammunition to change my hubby's mind, lol)
Old Apr 29th 2008, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kira
the more i read on here the more im against using an agency,lol. we are going to a seminar meeting thing next week over in leeds which tells us how its all done, what to do ect ect, my hubby who wants to do things right is saying to go with an agency incase we mess up any forms but they are asking a silly amount of money to find you a job and school places ect which im sure i can do by flicking around the internet and using the phone. hope you dont mind me asking but how much do you think you save without an agency (it gives me more ammunition to change my hubby's mind, lol)
Hi

Someone I know was quoted £1000 which seems crazy. We are crap at paperwork, so if we can do it I'm sure you can too. I think you just find out bits as you go along and do it step by step.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Someone I know was quoted £1000 which seems crazy. We are crap at paperwork, so if we can do it I'm sure you can too. I think you just find out bits as you go along and do it step by step.
cheers lindsay, i can see where my hubby is coming from, but paying up to £4000 when u can do it for £1000 is crazy plus every penny saved is good for us all. im sure with a gently push i can persude him to do this without an agent. i know im rubbish at form filling lol but the people on here are great and really helpful, i must say this forum and its community is the best
i hope things go well for you, im sure we will come across each other again,lol
good luck and if i can help (even tho i aint at the point you are) give us a shout id be happy to help.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 11:48 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Welcome from me too. Sending you some beginners karma. As you say, everyone here will be more than happy to help with the forum filling.