Netball

Old Jul 21st 2007, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold
Default Netball

There are certain words that you think will never pass your lips, "Liver is delicious" or "Italy is a great and fair football nation", for example, but i am forced to admit the NZ v Oz netball game tonight was one of the best sporting events i have seen all year, brilliant (i am beginning to suspect that i am slowly becoming a bit Kiwi), NZ were well behind, should have won but the ref did not hear the bell, but eventually won in extra time (which apparently the ref can judge if it to be continued, or not ??????), but Silver Ferns won, yay

Last edited by brussels_sprout; Jul 21st 2007 at 1:10 pm.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Netball

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
There are certain words that you think will never pass your lips, "Liver is delicious" or "Italy is a great and fair football nation", for example, but i am forced to admit the NZ v Oz netball game tonight was one of the best sporting events i have seen all year, brilliant (i am beginning to suspect that i am slowly becoming a bit Kiwi), NZ were well behind, should have won but the ref did not hear the bell, but eventually won in extra time (which apparently the ref can judge if it to be continued, or not ??????), but Silver Ferns won, yay

Hi,

Yes, I agree. Great match. Odd though. If you told me ,8 months ago,that I would be watching a netball match on TV, I would have said no way let alone the fact that I found myself shouting at the TV and punching the air with delight at the end. Get me some therapy,
Ash
Old Jul 21st 2007, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't see it but well done to the Silver Ferns.

ABs won last night too - eventually...

Netball is really good eh? I go to watch my daughter play and thoroughly enjoy it - I didn't think I'd be saying that a year ago.

Funniest thing is that blokes play netball over here - imagine that in the UK! Good on em though. If I looked good in a skirt I might give it a go
Old Jul 21st 2007, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Harlow is just really niceHarlow is just really niceHarlow is just really niceHarlow is just really niceHarlow is just really niceHarlow is just really niceHarlow is just really niceHarlow is just really niceHarlow is just really nice

A womens sport during prime time, on a major TV chanel, and not at all in a tokenistic way! I can't remember that happening too often in the UK?
Old Jul 21st 2007, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Harlow
A womens sport during prime time, on a major TV chanel, and not at all in a tokenistic way! I can't remember that happening too often in the UK?
It was pure entertainment all the way through, starting from the woman who sang the NZ national anthem so out of tune at the beginning
Old Jul 21st 2007, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
It was pure entertainment all the way through, starting from the woman who sang the NZ national anthem so out of tune at the beginning
Gutted we missed it. Our daughter plays too-would've loved it. Well done NZ.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 8:36 am
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ash1
Hi,

Yes, I agree. Great match. Odd though. If you told me ,8 months ago,that I would be watching a netball match on TV, I would have said no way let alone the fact that I found myself shouting at the TV and punching the air with delight at the end. Get me some therapy,
Ash
Your not alone. I thought the Ozzies played dirty with so much contact. Had to go to bed as been to work today so missed the saga at the end.

Jac
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 8:38 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ash1
Hi,

Ash
You know where we are if you need a stiff drink?!
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 8:44 am
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry guys but I just don't get it. Netball is a crap game, played by adolescent girls & should stay there.
I hated it as a teenager, perhaps I was too much of a rebel because I hated being told I couldn't go past a line. It was always the same four girls who got to go in goal, I still hate them. I took the far more sensible approach of being the only female member of the basketball team. A faster game with few limitations plus ALL that testosterone.....lovely for a 16 year old.

You guys like it to perv at the short-skirted women & nothing wrong with that per se. Just wish it was a more dynamic sport that they were showing women play.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnnieNell
I'm sorry guys but I just don't get it. Netball is a crap game, played by adolescent girls & should stay there.
I hated it as a teenager, perhaps I was too much of a rebel because I hated being told I couldn't go past a line. It was always the same four girls who got to go in goal, I still hate them. I took the far more sensible approach of being the only female member of the basketball team. A faster game with few limitations plus ALL that testosterone.....lovely for a 16 year old.

You guys like it to perv at the short-skirted women & nothing wrong with that per se. Just wish it was a more dynamic sport that they were showing women play.

did you actually see the game last night.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
did you actually see the game last night.
I was a fierce Wing Attack in my day and represented my school and won my "set socks" I don't remember it being that fast, or maybe the years of alcohol and cigarette abuse make it seem that much faster now?
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I was a fierce Wing Attack in my day and represented my school and won my "set socks" I don't remember it being that fast, or maybe the years of alcohol and cigarette abuse make it seem that much faster now?

I can relate to that.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

I was a wicked Goal Shooter, Wing Attack and on occasion Centre! I've been asked to join the team here ... pah! Me in a short skirt I've had kids I'll have you know missus!

Couldn't do it now though, just not fit enough ... now where is that huuuuge bag of Anzac biccies again ???
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 10:12 am

Question Re: Netball

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
I was a wicked Goal Shooter, Wing Attack and on occasion Centre! I've been asked to join the team here ... pah! Me in a short skirt I've had kids I'll have you know missus!

Couldn't do it now though, just not fit enough ... now where is that huuuuge bag of Anzac biccies again ???
I would love to play again, complete with mobile bar attachment and oxygen mask ... if the short skirts have a zip up the front that would be good, only thing that could hold my tummy in place after 4 kids!
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to give it a go ... eldest lad has asked me to! Landladys daughter asked me to joint their team, it'll be fun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.