Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Nelson - retail therapy guide needed!

Nelson - retail therapy guide needed!

Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:22 am

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nelson - retail therapy guide needed!

Good day Everyone.

We are heading over the hill into Nelson soon for some much needed clothes shopping and wondered if we could get some recommendations for the following

Good shops for women's clothing/jeans/blokes and baby's. (no teeny bopper shops thanks).

Thank you!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nelson - retail therapy guide needed!

Originally Posted by Beachcombers
Good day Everyone.

We are heading over the hill into Nelson soon for some much needed clothes shopping and wondered if we could get some recommendations for the following

Good shops for women's clothing/jeans/blokes and baby's. (no teeny bopper shops thanks).

Thank you!
There's not a huge choice in Nelson IIRC, however they were starting to open the first phase of the new retail area in town.

There is Farmers, Hallensteins (men only!) and some other chains on the high street, including a few jeans shops and the likes, happy shopping
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:53 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

There are some good shops out in Richmond - they're worth a look.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:59 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Retail therapy is a myth, it doesn't exist in NZ.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nerine
Retail therapy is a myth, it doesn't exist in NZ.
Yeah, you generally end up home more depressed than when you went out, especially when looking for bloody shoes :curse:
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:11 am

Why are shoes so bad in NZ? (they're not much better here either)
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Nerine
Why are shoes so bad in NZ? (they're not much better here either)
Oh for a branch of Jones the Bootmaker or even just Clarks!!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

Oh No!! I was so positive about coming to NZ. But rubbish shoes

I'll either not come, or have to stockpile NOW!!!!

Not one to ever need an excuse to shop, i'm off to Faith, schuh, Clarks, and maybe even shoepermarket he he!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Yeah, you generally end up home more depressed than when you went out, especially when looking for bloody shoes :curse:
I agree with that! I just paid $229 for a pair of fairly ordinary leather decent fitting shoes (my annual winter pair) I can't bear to go into most of the shoe shops, one whiff of that overpowering smell of cheap plastic and rubber is enough to make me heave.:curse:
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by pumpkinlou

Not one to ever need an excuse to shop, i'm off to Faith, schuh, Clarks, and maybe even shoepermarket he he!
Yikes! sounds like a 40' container is in order . Even the supermarket is better than you'll find in the likes of the "No1 Shoe Warehouse" which is the gold standard for footwear in NZ. (now you know why everyone wears jandals)
Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pumpkinlou

You could go barefoot like most kiwis!!!!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.no1shoes.co.nz/Default.aspx?Target=Home.aspx

I was shocked to find that they have a website......most of the older ladies at my work call it the 'tarts' shoe shop.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:47 am

I can see why.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I agree with that! I just paid $229 for a pair of fairly ordinary leather decent fitting shoes (my annual winter pair) I can't bear to go into most of the shoe shops, one whiff of that overpowering smell of cheap plastic and rubber is enough to make me heave.:curse:
At least you found something!!! :curse:
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:16 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcombers
Good day Everyone.

Thank you!
Pumpkin Patch & JK Kids for little miss
Glassons, West Jeans or Richmond Mall for Mel

and what do you need more clothes for btw? You should be a 'proper' Kiwi bloke by now & wear your shorts all year round!!!! Just grab yourself a Swanni from the hunting shop next to Pumpkin Patch

Saw a poster in Newmans earlier in the week, was that anything to do with you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.