Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Nelson - retail therapy guide needed!

Nelson - retail therapy guide needed!

Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Nelson - retail therapy guide needed!

Fashion Island in Nelson has nice coffee shop!!

Is it 1 year TODAY sarah. ooooh this time last year we had our house warming party!!!!!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:59 pm

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Pumpkin Patch & JK Kids for little miss
Glassons, West Jeans or Richmond Mall for Mel

and what do you need more clothes for btw? You should be a 'proper' Kiwi bloke by now & wear your shorts all year round!!!! Just grab yourself a Swanni from the hunting shop next to Pumpkin Patch

Saw a poster in Newmans earlier in the week, was that anything to do with you
Thanks for the info Sarah.

Yes the poster was us, but it did its job, we got it returned yesterday!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

nelsonchick is a jewel in the roughnelsonchick is a jewel in the roughnelsonchick is a jewel in the roughnelsonchick is a jewel in the roughnelsonchick is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Beachcombers
Good day Everyone.

We are heading over the hill into Nelson soon for some much needed clothes shopping and wondered if we could get some recommendations for the following

Good shops for women's clothing/jeans/blokes and baby's. (no teeny bopper shops thanks).

Thank you!
Hi, the new fashion island is worth a look, lots of different womens clothing shops all in one patch. Also have living and giving which i like. Not as good as the wellington one tho!
I like shantons on trafalgar street for cheap stuff. And just jeans in moved onto fashion island now, but they have some organic cotton clothes which is good!
Have to agree about the shoes, terrible choice here, so depressing

Also my hubby struggles to find decent mens clothes.
Good luck
Vicky
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:44 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcombers
Thanks for the info Sarah.

Yes the poster was us, but it did its job, we got it returned yesterday!
Glad to hear that
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:46 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frenchy
Fashion Island in Nelson has nice coffee shop!!

Is it 1 year TODAY sarah. ooooh this time last year we had our house warming party!!!!!
Yep. A year ago since we got here, where has it gone.

Kinda linked to this thread too, cos it was Beachcombers who put us in touch with you guys.

THANKS STEPHEN & MELISSA, for helping us to settle in
Old Apr 10th 2008, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nelsonchick
Hi, the new fashion island is worth a look, lots of different womens clothing shops all in one patch. Also have living and giving which i like. Not as good as the wellington one tho!
I like shantons on trafalgar street for cheap stuff. And just jeans in moved onto fashion island now, but they have some organic cotton clothes which is good!
Have to agree about the shoes, terrible choice here, so depressing

Also my hubby struggles to find decent mens clothes.
Good luck
Vicky
Yup, guys clothing is limited, great choice for shorts, boardies, t-shirts and hoodies, limited for anything other than that, though starting to find places in Welly that are ok. Barkers can be ok, make sure you get there when a sale is on though, oh and Rodd & Gunn are a nationwide chain, though not really my thing!

Hallensteins, hmm, its the main mens shop but its very hot or miss, its like Burtons meets Next. Farmers sells mens stuff, but I'm too young to buy most of it still!! Tarocash here sometimes has some ok shirts and the like, but its crazy Australian designed stuff that is a bit OTT at time!

The stuff is either cheap and rubbish or expensive and woudln't be seen dead in anyway, there is no middle ground, oh for even a branch of French Connection or Gap at times, thankfully we do have an Esprit here...and some shops which can be ok (if expensive!), such as Paris Texas...and Rex Royale in welly sell some cool t'shirts and stuff...

Oh and you will find Levi stores and jeans quite easily if you want them...

Oh and bring your own shoes!!!

Munns the Mans shop, comedy gold!!!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 12:27 am
Just Joined

nelsonchick is a jewel in the roughnelsonchick is a jewel in the roughnelsonchick is a jewel in the roughnelsonchick is a jewel in the roughnelsonchick is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Yup, guys clothing is limited, great choice for shorts, boardies, t-shirts and hoodies, limited for anything other than that, though starting to find places in Welly that are ok. Barkers can be ok, make sure you get there when a sale is on though, oh and Rodd & Gunn are a nationwide chain, though not really my thing!

Hallensteins, hmm, its the main mens shop but its very hot or miss, its like Burtons meets Next. Farmers sells mens stuff, but I'm too young to buy most of it still!! Tarocash here sometimes has some ok shirts and the like, but its crazy Australian designed stuff that is a bit OTT at time!

The stuff is either cheap and rubbish or expensive and woudln't be seen dead in anyway, there is no middle ground, oh for even a branch of French Connection or Gap at times, thankfully we do have an Esprit here...and some shops which can be ok (if expensive!), such as Paris Texas...and Rex Royale in welly sell some cool t'shirts and stuff...

Oh and you will find Levi stores and jeans quite easily if you want them...

Oh and bring your own shoes!!!

Munns the Mans shop, comedy gold!!!
I miss wellington shopping!
Lived there for a year in wadestown before moving to nelson, and at the time I couldnt find anything to buy, but it is definatly better shopping than here!!
Would love a levis shop here :-)
Oh well going to the uk in June, so saving up to buy lots of stuff!!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Yep. A year ago since we got here, where has it gone.

Kinda linked to this thread too, cos it was Beachcombers who put us in touch with you guys.

THANKS STEPHEN & MELISSA, for helping us to settle in
Hey you what about the Frenchies for heling you settle in!!!!!!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

xx