Nelson Mums

Old Nov 5th 2008, 9:15 am
Just Joined

poppy1973 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nelson Mums

Hi there,

I've just moved to Nelson from Essex, been here two months now! Hubby is loving his job, my two kiddies have settled into school and that leaves little old me!! Would be great to meet up with fellow Brits and have a good old natter!! I've actually found myself talking to my veggie patch!! Not good! Feeling a little bit isolated at the moment so.....help!! Ha ha.Been a bit of a mission to find work also!! Still early days I suppose!
Old Nov 10th 2008, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

Sandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really nice

Originally Posted by poppy1973
Hi there,

I've just moved to Nelson from Essex, been here two months now! Hubby is loving his job, my two kiddies have settled into school and that leaves little old me!! Would be great to meet up with fellow Brits and have a good old natter!! I've actually found myself talking to my veggie patch!! Not good! Feeling a little bit isolated at the moment so.....help!! Ha ha.Been a bit of a mission to find work also!! Still early days I suppose!
Hello Poppy. It is hard at first isn't it? Where do your kids go to school? I am free Mon or Tues mornings if you'd like to meet up at a cafe or come round here for a cuppa? I'll pm you my address.

Sandi
Old Nov 10th 2008, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

Hiya Sandi and Kristina,

Thank you for your replies, still trying to work out how to open my inbox messages so I havn't actually read them yet!!Ha ha. Says something about having three or more posts before I can open them!! My eldest who's fourteen, goes to Nayland college and my twelve year old goes to Broadgreen. They have settled in really well. I'll have another go at opening my inbox!! Chat soon xx
Old Nov 18th 2008, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

juliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to all

Hiya Sandi and Kristina,

Thank you for your replies, still trying to work out how to open my inbox messages so I havn't actually read them yet!!Ha ha. Says something about having three or more posts before I can open them!! My eldest who's fourteen, goes to Nayland college and my twelve year old goes to Broadgreen. They have settled in really well. I'll have another go at opening my inbox!! Chat soon xx
Hiya All,

I've not been on the expats site for a fair few months now, my name is Julie (Bevs has mentioned on this thread), I have just opened and seen I had quite a few PM's from various people, so must apologise, I have become quite addicted to Facebook so only go on there when on the computer these days. My hubby and I have been in Nelson for 9 months now, we have 2 kids Rylan 8 and Millie 4 (who isn't in Kindy - to expensive 4 us hahaha), Rylan goes to Richmond Primary. We bought a house a few months ago and have been now living in Richmond since September. I am still very very much a newbie and don't know many people only sum soccer mums thro Rylan which has made a bit of a difference, but obviously the season is over for summer. We have my parents cumin over in 2 weeks which has seemed like forever away as I have been lukin forward to it for nearly 6 months now, they are here till early Feb. Please feel free to contact me at all, I know how I felt when we first arrived and knew no-one, it can be lonely but must admit am getting used to that now, but then again I think I am just really lukin forward to my parents cumin that much now that I have forgotton all about it.

J xxx
Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

Hiya Julie,

Yeah tell me about it....don't know what I'd do without my Facebook!! Yep, all the kids activities seem to be coming to close now for Xmas. Definitely gonna be strange having Xmas on the beach!! Not sure what people do here Xmas day.....do they still have turkey with all the trimmings then head off to the beach maybe? Or maybe they just have BBQs?
Chat soon

Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

juliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to all

Hiya Julie,

Yeah tell me about it....don't know what I'd do without my Facebook!! Yep, all the kids activities seem to be coming to close now for Xmas. Definitely gonna be strange having Xmas on the beach!! Not sure what people do here Xmas day.....do they still have turkey with all the trimmings then head off to the beach maybe? Or maybe they just have BBQs?
Chat soon

Hiya Poppy

My parents are out in time for xmas (our first visitors) can't wait!!! We are havin a BBQ, been told by a few people the last thing you want is to be stuck in a hot kitchen when its sooo hot. And our living area is upstairs (above our garage) and its hot up there now so its goin 2 be unbearable in summer. We are going to do a Barbie and have a few beers, maybe go to the beach (before the beers). Rabbit Island is gorgeous, have you been there yet? Its only 5 mins outside Richmond. I think sum do have turkey and the trimmings but all the soccer mums that I know have told me they just have a BBQ in the garden. Sounds gud to me. J x
Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:40 pm
Just Joined

Sandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really nice

Originally Posted by juliejamesmcgrath
Hiya Poppy

My parents are out in time for xmas (our first visitors) can't wait!!! We are havin a BBQ, been told by a few people the last thing you want is to be stuck in a hot kitchen when its sooo hot. And our living area is upstairs (above our garage) and its hot up there now so its goin 2 be unbearable in summer. We are going to do a Barbie and have a few beers, maybe go to the beach (before the beers). Rabbit Island is gorgeous, have you been there yet? Its only 5 mins outside Richmond. I think sum do have turkey and the trimmings but all the soccer mums that I know have told me they just have a BBQ in the garden. Sounds gud to me. J x
Hiya. Yep, we were here last year and had a BBQ. It was a lovely day. And it seems that Rabbit Island is the place to head on Boxing Day - we went for pancakes and bacon brunch. Maybe a group of us could get together and meet up?
Sandi
Old Dec 6th 2008, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Hiya,

Would anyone be interested in meeting up for a coffee and a chat in Lambrettas on Thursday at 11am? Been chatting to quite a few people online and thought it would be great to meet up! Let me know!! Hope you are all well. Kerry xx
Old Dec 6th 2008, 7:49 pm
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,

Would anyone be interested in meeting up for a coffee and a chat in Lambrettas on Thursday at 11am? Been chatting to quite a few people online and thought it would be great to meet up! Let me know!! Hope you are all well. Kerry xx
Hi Kerry, that sounds good. My wife and I should be able to make it on thurs.
Darren and Vicky
Old Dec 6th 2008, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nelsonpom
Hi Kerry, that sounds good. My wife and I should be able to make it on thurs.
Darren and Vicky
Hiya, that wud of been gr8 but my hubby works and my parents just arrived yesterday, its the first time we've seen them in 9 1/2 months, will have a rain check another time though

Julie x