Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Nelson House prices

Nelson House prices

Old Mar 28th 2008, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Nelson House prices

Hi Nelson people....
I've been looking on trade me at houses and was supprised to find not much difference in the house prices in Nelson Compared to the area I live in, in Auckland...About $30k advertised, Has anybody any idea how much houses are actually selling for compared to there advertised rate?
For example this one
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=145200421
sayes over $400 yer I know its got a pool (don't really want a poll though)but its hardly a house in tip top condition...It meets our needs but I wouldn't want to pay over $400k for it am I being unrealistic?
I hope this doesn't belong to anyone on here....
Old Mar 28th 2008, 11:06 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nelson House prices

At the bottom of the link, it actaully states that the average price of a house in Nelson City is $372,000 for the last 3 months.

Not sure what prices are doing over in Nelson at the moment, but here in Marlborough, they have dropped but not crashed in any way. Speaking to a real estate agent mate yesterday, she says that there is lots of room for negotiation
Old Mar 28th 2008, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

I was hoping that there would be $50k difference between copmarable houses like we have here in Auckland and Nelson, doesn't look like there is, I don't want to down size but would like to take a considerable chunck off the morgage, as we will probably both be earning less in Nelson. At the moment one whole salery a week goes to paying the morgage. Not a good way to live
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:14 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jueinnz
I was hoping that there would be $50k difference between copmarable houses like we have here in Auckland and Nelson, doesn't look like there is, I don't want to down size but would like to take a considerable chunck off the morgage, as we will probably both be earning less in Nelson. At the moment one whole salery a week goes to paying the morgage. Not a good way to live

Why not look further out of Nelson, but still in Nelson, if you get my drift
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:20 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

What about something like this??

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Pr...htm?key=314563

I know there's room for improvement, but the basics are there

or this one ????
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Pr...htm?key=318722

Last edited by P2L; Mar 29th 2008 at 12:23 am.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Thats a bit more like it, as we don't have jobs to go to and are quite open to areas around there, we also may look at Blenheim as an option.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 4:55 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I think you should be able to find a house to suit your criteria somewhere in the Nelson and surrounding areas.

Nelson is a small city and most folk live outside of the immediate Nelson and CBD areas. Richmond is the most popular suburb but there are many other areas to choose from, all around 30 minutes from the Nelson CBD area.

If you would like some property papers plus local area maps sent up to you, bung me a PM with your address.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BEVS here

If you would like some property papers plus local area maps sent up to you, bung me a PM with your address.
That would be real cool, please can I take a rain check and get you to send them before we come down for our recce in June, that would give us a head start to where to look.
Thanks for the offer.

Jue
Old Mar 29th 2008, 10:25 pm
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jueinnz
Thats a bit more like it, as we don't have jobs to go to and are quite open to areas around there, we also may look at Blenheim as an option.
Seems to be an awful lot of houses for sale at moment (heading into winter).
Nelson is pretty big area esp if you count Richmond, Mapua etc and the price can vary greatly. Nelson city has some supposed bad areas where housing is def cheaper but we found bargains a plenty if you have time to look. If you want any advice on areas pm me and i will happily give my 'own' opinion on them. We are going on holiday in June or we would have happily given you a tour (if you want a house to rent in June let me know ) but you should be aware Nelson in June is completely different to Nelson in January. Population is almost halved and so the city appears almost empty. We love the difference as it is like living in 2 different cities. Any other questions and if we can help in anyway .........
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cool thanks for that, hubby has just told me we are going to have to wait till Nov now too make sure that the finances are in better shape!!!???
Thanks for the offer.