Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Nelson Christchurch wellington

Nelson Christchurch wellington

Old May 18th 2019, 6:47 am
Just Joined

Andygall85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nelson Christchurch wellington

family of 5 currently living in Christchurch. We've not settled well so looking to move after being here 9 months . Our choices are nelson wellington or stay in Christchurch and give it another year . For a young sporting family who also enjoy walking were would recommend we try next . I'm in construction as a plumber so work isnt a probem . We just want to settle enjoy were we live without arrogant locals and progress with careers and children's education and sports
Old May 18th 2019, 6:53 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Nelson Christchurch wellington

Originally Posted by Andygall85
. I'm in construction as a plumber so work isnt a problem
UK quals and work exp?
NZ quals and work exp?

PGDB license?

Trade plumbing career? In what way?
Old May 18th 2019, 6:59 am
Just Joined

Sorry I want advice on the areas . I know all about plumbing licensing etc
Old May 18th 2019, 7:07 am
`

Sorry I want advice on the areas . I know all about plumbing licensing etc
Fair enough but you wrote this
We just want to settle enjoy were we live without arrogant locals and progress with careers
I am sure you do. However I was interested in your level of quals , PGDB license , work experience etc for a reason otherwise I would not have enquired and with a view to advising further.

That would be in relation to work, wages, expectations.

What rate of $ pay would you expect?

Are you a pgdb certifying plumber / gasfitter / drainlayer for instance?

I have already written about the area in which we live but we have been here for many years now so I may be able to suggest and advise.

Up to you of course.
Old May 18th 2019, 7:11 am
Just Joined

Sorry again I just want to know which area is best to live for kids lifestyle people etc. I don't want to discuss plumbing etc
Old May 18th 2019, 7:26 am
`

Sorry again I just want to know which area is best to live for kids lifestyle people etc. I don't want to discuss plumbing etc
That's OK.

If you can't, you can't.

We just want to settle enjoy were we live without arrogant locals
I'd suggest Nelson and Tasman is not for you.

Old May 18th 2019, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure Wellington would suit you either.

you sure it's the locals who are arrogant...

Old May 18th 2019, 10:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I think Andygall may need to check the three assholes rules; if you meet three in row in a short space of time it's definitely not them that's being the asshole.
Old May 18th 2019, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

That's perfectly fine . I literally asked a question . I didn't want to get in debate about money , licensing , career goals , my question was a nothing to do with any of the above . I was asking a simple question about 3 specific areas to live that's it .
Old May 18th 2019, 11:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

It's not like you live a world away from those places and you can check them out for yourselves; i think what you have shown is a complete lack of ability to engage with people that have some idea of the places you are interested in who could have given you advice but in a few posts you have clearly demonstrated that it's not Christchurch that is the problem and lost the audience here.
Old May 20th 2019, 7:30 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

We just want to settle enjoy were we live without arrogant locals and progress with careers and children's education and sports
So you want to live in the UK then. lol I guess the closest thing would be Browns Bay in Auckland. Last time I was there it was trying very hard to be like a expat ghetto.

Otherwise pretty much everywhere else is full of pesky "locals".