nelson bays

Old Feb 15th 2008, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

bibby is a jewel in the roughbibby is a jewel in the roughbibby is a jewel in the roughbibby is a jewel in the roughbibby is a jewel in the rough
Smile nelson bays

we are hoping to go to nelson-although we visited in 2000 it a long time ago. any advice about nelson much appreciated especially in terms of bringing up kids,climate,crime,education etc etc
Old Feb 15th 2008, 7:57 pm
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: nelson bays

Originally Posted by bibby
we are hoping to go to nelson-although we visited in 2000 it a long time ago. any advice about nelson much appreciated especially in terms of bringing up kids,climate,crime,education etc etc
Hi Bibby
we live in Central Nelson and love it.
Crime is very low and climate is fantastic. One of the sunniest places in NZ and we have very mild winters. Not sure about education as I don't have kids, but know plenty of people who do and seem happy enough.
Nelson has plenty to do (abel tasman, wineries, skiing, etc etc) and living on sth island is much more attractive (to me anyway) than the nth.
Any specifics you want help or advice with don't hesitate to ask.
Darren
Old Feb 15th 2008, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

bibby is a jewel in the roughbibby is a jewel in the roughbibby is a jewel in the roughbibby is a jewel in the roughbibby is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by nelsonpom
Hi Bibby
we live in Central Nelson and love it.
Crime is very low and climate is fantastic. One of the sunniest places in NZ and we have very mild winters. Not sure about education as I don't have kids, but know plenty of people who do and seem happy enough.
Nelson has plenty to do (abel tasman, wineries, skiing, etc etc) and living on sth island is much more attractive (to me anyway) than the nth.
Any specifics you want help or advice with don't hesitate to ask.
Darren
hi, thx sounds great. how about property prices?? we also much preffered s.island when we visited.the weather is a big draw especially as we currently live in rainy lancashire.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 8:12 pm
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

hi, thx sounds great. how about property prices?? we also much preffered s.island when we visited.the weather is a big draw especially as we currently live in rainy lancashire.
Nelson is not the cheapest part of NZ and prices are still rising, but depending on size of house you will prob be looking at 300,000 upwards for a 3 bedroom. Also depends on where you want Nelson has a big surrounding area (richmond, mapua etc) and prices vary a great deal.
I am originaly from Staffs but more recently from Cambs and we both think NZ is fantastic.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 8:25 pm
Stoke City fanatic

When are you guys hoping to come and are you planning a recce first ?
Old Feb 15th 2008, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: nelson bays

hi nelson pom, well our eoi has just been accepted- we are pretty well organised as we applied last year but then i found out i was pregnant. need to sell the house (which we also did last year!) as soon as we get visas we wil be off. not sure how long it will all take. the worst thing has been getting all my nursing qualifications verified- bit of a buerocratic nightmare.in answer to your question no we arent doing a reccie as we visited nz in 2000 before the kids came along and we loved it- plus one 24 hr flight with a baby and 3 yr old is enough !!! its a case of no going back.hopefully will make it over there this year - my daughter is 3 so would like to get there before she starts school.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 8:51 pm
Stoke City fanatic

hi nelson pom, well our eoi has just been accepted- we are pretty well organised as we applied last year but then i found out i was pregnant. need to sell the house (which we also did last year!) as soon as we get visas we wil be off. not sure how long it will all take. the worst thing has been getting all my nursing qualifications verified- bit of a buerocratic nightmare.in answer to your question no we arent doing a reccie as we visited nz in 2000 before the kids came along and we loved it- plus one 24 hr flight with a baby and 3 yr old is enough !!! its a case of no going back.hopefully will make it over there this year - my daughter is 3 so would like to get there before she starts school.
Yea understand the 24 hr flight is a drag. Will keep my fingers crossed for your visas'. We have just booked a flight to UK and am not looking forward to flight back at all. (If your heading over end May/June time we will have a house, car and 2 cats for rent in Central Nelson for a few weeks )