Neil Armstrong

Old Aug 25th 2012, 9:23 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Neil Armstrong

I was greatly saddened to hear Neil Armstong had died. He was as close to a hero to me as any man can come .

Old Aug 25th 2012, 9:49 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neil Armstrong

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I was greatly saddened to hear Neil Armstong had died. He was as close to a hero to me as any man can come .

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8Xtly-dpBeA
He never went to the moon its all lies in my opinion
Old Aug 26th 2012, 1:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I'll second that, today is a very sad day. He was a man of immense courage
Old Aug 30th 2012, 12:59 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8Xtly-dpBeA
He was. I still remember that day. It was just so fab.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
He sounded like an awesome person. I heard he lost a child to an illness and was a very, very private person. Very modest too.

Re the theories 'did they, did they not?'...both have compelling arguments. Truth is no one will ever know 100% for sure, they probably did but then again.........
Old Aug 30th 2012, 5:47 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Neil Armstrong

Originally Posted by BEVS
If you've not seen "In the Shadow of the Moon" it's worth watching BEVS:

You can see the footprint trails, tire marks, flags and scientific equipment on the moons surface. Except for Apollo 11 which knocked the flag over because they planted it too close to the space craft .

The most influential part of the Apollo program in my view even as a scientist was actually the profound philosophic impact, our view of the planet changed. We went to study the Moon but actually what we rediscovered was the Earth:

Old Nov 8th 2012, 4:02 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

When Apollo Mission Astronaut Neil Armstrong first walked on the moon, he not only gave his famous "one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind" statement but followed it by several remarks, usual communication traffic between him, the other astronauts and Mission Control. Just before he re-entered the lander, however, he made this remark "Good luck Mr. Gorsky."

Many people at NASA thought it was a casual remark concerning some rival Soviet Cosmonaut. However, upon checking, there was no Gorsky in either the Russian or American space programs. Over the years many people questioned Armstrong as to what the "Good luck Mr. Gorsky" statement meant, but Armstrong always just smiled.

On July 5, 1995 in Tampa Bay FL, while answering questions following a speech, a reporter brought up the 26 year old question to Armstrong. This time he finally responded. Mr. Gorsky had finally died and so Neil Armstrong felt he could answer the question.

When he was a kid, he was playing baseball with a friend in the backyard. His friend hit a fly ball, which landed in the front of his neighbor's bedroom windows. His neighbours were Mr. & Mrs. Gorsky.

As he leaned down to pick up the ball, young Armstrong heard Mrs. Gorsky shouting at Mr. Gorsky. "Sex! You want sex?! You'll get sex when the kid next door walks on the moon!"