Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The negative New Zealand thread

The negative New Zealand thread

Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

SecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud of
Default Re: The negative New Zealand thread

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
No let get you started
oh if you insist....

whats the deal with the 1950s home baking thing? all those "afgans" and "lammingtons" - i think nz must have been caught short on the futures market - some kiwi derivatives trader must have bought a contract for the world supply of dessicated coconut!
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:16 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel
oh if you insist....

whats the deal with the 1950s home baking thing? all those "afgans" and "lammingtons" - i think nz must have been caught short on the futures market - some kiwi derivatives trader must have bought a contract for the world supply of dessicated coconut!
I love home cooking though. Mmmmm coconut cake. All stoggy and takes forever to eat cos its 9 inches high

Bugger a positive post. Must delete...
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:25 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

oh if you insist....

Em... excuse me! I make great Afghans - I'd never heard of them before I came here but they're so easy to make and so delicious why wouldn't you if you could?
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:33 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

oh if you insist....

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why oh why oh why???????? Get out more! Oh yes, there's nothing to do. sorry.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

SecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud of

UTEs - thats another thing..... what are they all about???
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

.... those shirts you can buy at the warehouse that have flames going up the back..... classy
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

THE PRICE OF BOOKS!! :scared:
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:45 pm
Account Closed

Got some more:

all that clean green crap - when you go to a shop and buy eg. a birthday card which is already wrapped in cellophane they put it in a paper bag, then seal the bag with sellotape then put it into a carrier bag..

And what is clean and green about spraying a dirt road with oil to keep the dust down?

Spraying insecticide above your house - and admitting it is bloody dangerous because they tell all the schoolkids not to leave the house that day - to try to get rid of a moth (yes, ONE single moth, not a whole bunch of one breed, I'm talking ONE, ONE, ONE moth!) which may or may not have entered the country and may or may not be detrimental to crops.

The rubbish (washing machines, cookers, burnt-out cars etc.) beside the road

V8 cars as seen as something normal - clean, green? My eye.

Lack of recycling - oh sorry, with the exception of paper

Massive landfills everywhere

Houses built on top of landfills which gradually sink

Subdivisions which look like something out of the Truman Show filled with zombies from Stepford Wives. Where's the soul?

Garage after garage after garage in said subdivisions. Oh no sorry, they're houses.

People with more money than sense who build big hair houses akin to those you used to see in Dynasty or Knot's Landing - the kind with great corinthian pillars as doorways. Taste? Not in NZ!

"World famous in New Zealand" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No sense of humour - well, maybe they have if you take the big hair houses into account.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:47 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

When you have friends you just swap
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:47 pm
Account Closed

My boyfriend has just returned from work annd reminded me of a very good one:

Almost no public transport

(And he's a Kiwi)
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Batty
You are SO right - I was going to put that earlier but got caught up in some other rant. It's just wrong - books are there to educate, you should not prevent poorer people from owning them.

But as I have said before, the 'education' ahem, well....

(This message was supposed to be a reply to my friend Sec)

Last edited by mazi; Oct 28th 2006 at 1:55 pm.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mazi
People with more money than sense who build big hair houses akin to those you used to see in Dynasty or Knot's Landing - the kind with great corinthian pillars as doorways. Taste? Not in NZ!
PMSL
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Batty
oops see reply bit further down - posted in wrong place (books)
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:52 pm
Account Closed

Finally I have replied to the right bit - see my comments about books too - you are RIGHT
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

- souveniers (sp?) do with the all blacks (50% of GDP)
- souveniers (sp?) with "kiwiana" (GUMBOOTS, RUGBY, HOKEY POKEY, JANDALS, RUGBY, KIWIFRUIT, RUGBY, RUGBY AND RUGBY) - (remaining 50% of GDP)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.