Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The negative New Zealand thread

The negative New Zealand thread

Old Nov 18th 2006, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The negative New Zealand thread

Originally Posted by mazi
What about the snow in Brisbane? Know anything about that? WEIRD.
Yes I heard about that when down in Melly, very odd.

It did strike me strange as my car insurance does cover the car against damage from hailstones, which, apparently, are common phenomena in Queensland.

Earlier in the week there were some hailstones in the GC and everyone rapidly took their cars to a safe refuge...........must have been an exciting drive on the motorway!
Old Nov 18th 2006, 8:23 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Whoops....as above, when I fly over Oz it is really brown and I mean really brown fields.

But when I was in Melbourne it was persisting down with rain and bloody cold at 7c!

Now back to the GC and a more pleasant 26c but I'm too tired to even go for a walk, early to bed tonight and go out and about tomorrow.

Nunite then. Sleep tight.
What do you do that keeps you jetting about?
Old Nov 18th 2006, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Come fly with me (tra-la-la-la etc etc)

I am a very poorly paid IT Training and Support manager, posh title, means very little (well to me anyway).

The company I work for has numerous installations Nation wide and has now just branched out to the Land of the Long White Fluffy Bits.

Upside is that the parent company is in the UK so once a year I have the opportunity to go over, expenses paid and I can see Mummy at the same time………bless.

Also due to the amount of travel I do I gain Velocity points each time I use Virgin Blue, Velocity points are Virgin’s reward scheme, I now have enough points to get to the end of the runway and have a cup of coffee on the way!

Only another twenty trips and I can go to one of the Pacific islands!

Good job I like flying!

By the way…………I am real crap at my job.
Old Nov 18th 2006, 8:40 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Come fly with me (tra-la-la-la etc etc)

I am a very poorly paid IT Training and Support manager, posh title, means very little (well to me anyway).

The company I work for has numerous installations Nation wide and has now just branched out to the Land of the Long White Fluffy Bits.

Upside is that the parent company is in the UK so once a year I have the opportunity to go over, expenses paid and I can see Mummy at the same time………bless.

Also due to the amount of travel I do I gain Velocity points each time I use Virgin Blue, Velocity points are Virgin’s reward scheme, I now have enough points to get to the end of the runway and have a cup of coffee on the way!

Good job I like flying!

No offence but from your pic you look a little old to be doing so much jetting. Do you have a strong heart?
Old Nov 18th 2006, 8:54 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

No offence but from your pic you look a little old to be doing so much jetting. Do you have a strong heart?
Yeah have you seen the movie 'Cocoon'? he needs a stint in there!
Mind you he's only 24 - that's what living in NZ does to you.
Old Nov 18th 2006, 8:59 am
Member of Mumo-land

Good job I like flying!

I think you'll have to change your signature to Mr Happy soon. You're positively blooming out there!
Old Nov 18th 2006, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Default Slapheads Unite!

Hi mazi

Nah, I have a thread almost entirely dedicated to me that can be found here , it is extremely dull reading, best read when one is tired but unable to get to sleep.

Will achieve the Land of Nod in no time at all!

Had a heart attack age 47, hypertension, obesity, type 2 diabetes etc etc oh....and a bald head!

And I am miserable nearly all the time.

Last edited by Nice Guy; Nov 18th 2006 at 9:20 am. Reason: Another bloody spilling mistake!
Old Nov 18th 2006, 9:30 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Slapheads Unite!

Hi mazi

Nah, I have a thread almost entirely dedicated to me that can be found here , it is extremely dull reading, best read when one is tired but unable to get to sleep.

Had a heart attack age 47, hypertension, obesity, type 2 diabetes etc etc oh....and a bald head!

Just popped in. You lot behaving?
Old Nov 18th 2006, 10:09 am
Account Closed

Hi mazi

I am very pleased to hear that you are miserable nearly all the time, I can't be doing with those happy sorts. Liars, I call them.
Old Nov 18th 2006, 10:09 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
Just popped in. You lot behaving?
HELLOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Not surviving too well without you....
Old Nov 18th 2006, 10:10 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

I am very pleased to hear that you are miserable nearly all the time, I can't be doing with those happy sorts.
Found a soul mate then Mazi?

Old Nov 18th 2006, 10:10 am
Banned

HELLOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Not surviving too well without you....
Which is understandable

Been quiet has it?
Old Nov 18th 2006, 10:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
Found a soul mate then Mazi?

Yeah! I'd fancy him but he's a bit old.
Old Nov 18th 2006, 10:17 am
Banned

Yeah! I'd fancy him but he's a bit old.
But think of the experience he as

He may have Alzeimers and forgotten everything though
Old Nov 18th 2006, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

tetranz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mumomonty
Okay then, no offence but what's it all about? ... the walking barefoot in the supermarket thing? I get it on the beach, on vacation, etc. but in the supermarket?
Enlighten me
I don't think its "about" anything. I never really gave it any thought until I came here. Why bother with footwear in places where you don't need it? Its a bit like having home heating when you don't really need it.

In NZ I'd think nothing of going into a supermarket or somewhere like McDonalds barefoot but I wouldn't feel right going into a "real" restaurant barefoot (if they let me in at all) so I guess I'm just as irrational as someone objecting to bare feet in a supermarket. Its just a matter where to draw the line.

Nobody has really been able to explain to me the objection to bare feet. Apparently, the US used to be quite barefoot friendly until the 1960s where the "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service" signs became a convenient way of keeping hippies out. I suspect that legal liability is a big issue now.

Kiwi feet must be tough because I live in a semi rural area and people I meet freak out when they see me walking on a gravel road barefoot. To them its as if I'm doing Fijian firewalking.

Cheers
Ross

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.