Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The negative New Zealand thread

The negative New Zealand thread

Old Nov 10th 2006, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

SecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud of
Default Re: The negative New Zealand thread

PMSL at the dry suit/diving/girl bits thread

I have tried and failed on 3 occasions to go dolphin swimming - twice in paihia (or however you spell it) and once at akaroa - each time got cancelled by crap weather

in akaroa i wasnt too upset because it meant we got to try their suposedly wonderful fish and chips instead. they were at very best ok......
Old Nov 17th 2006, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

tetranz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mazi
More:
Walking around supermarkets BAREFOOT
As a kiwi in the US, the freedom to go into places barefoot is something that I really miss.

Cheers
Ross
Old Nov 17th 2006, 6:35 pm
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tetranz
As a kiwi in the US, the freedom to go into places barefoot is something that I really miss.

Cheers
Ross
Okay then, no offence but what's it all about? ... the walking barefoot in the supermarket thing? I get it on the beach, on vacation, etc. but in the supermarket?
Enlighten me
Old Nov 17th 2006, 6:42 pm
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by karonious
OK, lets get back to neg NZ - and incidentally, this maybe should have been posted on some kind of food thread

I have throughly enjoyed my very short time in NZ so far:
What the hell is NZ cottage cheese about? I opened the stuff I bought about 2 hours after geting home from shopping so I know it wasn't out of date - it was glutinous, not creamy and it tasted like someone had pissed in it (only what I imagine pissed on cottage cheese would taste like)- needless to say it went straight in the bin. Is that how it is round here?
Just don't buy ETA Mayonnaise! Weird stuff.
Best Mayonnaise is acceptable and most like :scared: Hellmans.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 7:32 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tetranz

Cheers
Ross
oh. There is something a bit wrong about going 'into' places barefoot in my opinion. But sorry you miss it.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 7:34 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mumomonty
Okay then, no offence but what's it all about? ... the walking barefoot in the supermarket thing? I get it on the beach, on vacation, etc. but in the supermarket?
Enlighten me
Can't enlighten you mumomonty, it's just plain wrong.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default The negative New Zealand thread

I used to work with a chap named Ross.

Nice fellow, very good at his job.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nice Guy

hmmmm...... OK

Hows it going over there then?
Old Nov 17th 2006, 7:59 pm
Account Closed

Hey misery guts, this is supposed to be negative!
Old Nov 17th 2006, 8:00 pm
Member of Mumo-land

How you doin in the sunburnt country?
Old Nov 17th 2006, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
hmmmm...... OK

Hows it going over there then?
Very well thanks SarahB and thanks for asking.

Got back late last night from Melbourne, feel a bit shagged at the moment, but only in the exhausted sense and not the other (preferred) sense.

Mrs Nice Guy arrives 2 weeks tomorrow, will my todger hold out???
Old Nov 17th 2006, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Got back late last night from Melbourne, feel a bit shagged at the moment, but only in the exhausted sense and not the other (preferred) sense.

Looks like it will have to!! Is it nice and warm over there then?
Old Nov 17th 2006, 8:05 pm
Member of Mumo-land

Give it a whack! Buzzy Bee will be there soon.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mumomonty
How you doin in the sunburnt country?
Whoops....as above, when I fly over Oz it is really brown and I mean really brown fields.

But when I was in Melbourne it was persisting down with rain and bloody cold at 7c!

Now back to the GC and a more pleasant 26c but I'm too tired to even go for a walk, early to bed tonight and go out and about tomorrow.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 8:10 pm
Account Closed

Whoops....as above, when I fly over Oz it is really brown and I mean really brown fields.

But when I was in Melbourne it was persisting down with rain and bloody cold at 7c!

Now back to the GC and a more pleasant 26c but I'm too tired to even go for a walk, early to bed tonight and go out and about tomorrow.
What about the snow in Brisbane? Know anything about that? WEIRD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.