Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The negative New Zealand thread

The negative New Zealand thread

Old Oct 26th 2006, 3:36 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The negative New Zealand thread

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
What are they?

The fact that my children are allowed to be children for a start.

My husband gets a promotion because he's the best man for the job, not because he's one of the minority that seem to be the majority round here.

Or the fact I can go into a shop and be served by someone I can understand

That my OH can sound off at someones bad driving and I'm not terrified what it might turn into
Old Oct 26th 2006, 4:03 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lardyl
feels a commercial opportunity coming on....
LardFish has a great ring to it.

Come and get your Cumberlands 'ere!!!
Old Oct 26th 2006, 6:27 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

What are they?
On the spot fines, abuse of immigrants (I'm of immigrant to UK stock, and will be NZ immigrant), increased racism, flouting of the laws of the land, lack of respect for your fellow man, increased bills with no increase in income, old folks dying of hypothermia, seperation of couples/families due to loss of nursing staff in badly run hospitals, increased intrusion into your personal life, overdevelopement of the countryside, over pollution of the land..........end of rant.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
We are building our own house and it will be fully insulated and double glazed .... we're in a rental at the moment.
Dehumidifiers use lots of electric that we can't afford.
In depth news does not exist in the NZ Herald IMO
I feed a family of five on $300 a fortnight, could you?
The old villas are lovely but there is some complete crap built in this country so watch out folks.
I'm talking about cannabis as you well know.

I tell it like it is sorry if you don't like what you're reading and feel the need to go on the defensive.
#

Sky, don't take it so seriously, I was slightly tongue in cheek and was also pointing out that some of the negatives can be overcome...unlike crime, drugs and the driving..there is not much that we can to do irradicate that. Its relatively easy to make your house warmer....you are taking your own measures in your self build. We have a night taffif..we get the leccy at almost a 60 % saving during the hours of 11pm.7am.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 6:34 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
The fact that my children are allowed to be children for a start.

My husband gets a promotion because he's the best man for the job, not because he's one of the minority that seem to be the majority round here.

Or the fact I can go into a shop and be served by someone I can understand

That my OH can sound off at someones bad driving and I'm not terrified what it might turn into
I thought you meant New Zealand negatives that are growing daily. Sorry

I know they are here
Old Oct 26th 2006, 6:53 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you meant New Zealand negatives that are growing daily. Sorry

I know they are here

Sorry for hijacking your thread to let off steam!!! (one of those days)
Old Oct 26th 2006, 6:57 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Sorry for hijacking your thread to let off steam!!! (one of those days)
No worries
Old Oct 26th 2006, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
On the spot fines, abuse of immigrants (I'm of immigrant to UK stock, and will be NZ immigrant), increased racism, flouting of the laws of the land, lack of respect for your fellow man, increased bills with no increase in income, old folks dying of hypothermia, seperation of couples/families due to loss of nursing staff in badly run hospitals, increased intrusion into your personal life, overdevelopement of the countryside, over pollution of the land..........end of rant.
This is the UK you're talking about, right?

K.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 8:29 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by kt0157
This is the UK you're talking about, right?

K.
I bloody hope it is
Old Oct 26th 2006, 8:31 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Yea must admit Im having trouble telling whether the previous posts are about nz or uk lol
Old Oct 26th 2006, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

I bloody hope it is
Well, exactly. Over on the Canadian forum (long story) there are a number of Brits wanting to immigrate to Canada fro the UK because (and I do not joke here) "there are too many immigrants". Sheesh.

K.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 9:02 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Bad drivers
Low speed limits
Expensive electric bills
Awful supermarkets
Rubbish tv
Low quality clothing
Funny tasting chocolate
Low wages

Its not enough to make me leave though, we are enjoying our new life in Nz, I think the good outweighs the bad...IMO
Old Oct 26th 2006, 9:03 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, yes that was my "state of the nation" speech for UK au moment. :scared:
Old Oct 26th 2006, 9:06 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

The chocolate all tastes like cheap easter egg chocolate to me, but then mum sent me some from the uk and it made me ill :scared:
Old Oct 26th 2006, 9:12 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
The chocolate all tastes like cheap easter egg chocolate to me, but then mum sent me some from the uk and it made me ill :scared:
Its weird actually because its now beginning to taste kinda normal to me, if I got to taste the Uk chocolate again I wonder if it would taste better or not???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.