Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The negative New Zealand thread

The negative New Zealand thread

Old Nov 2nd 2006, 7:51 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The negative New Zealand thread

Originally Posted by mumomonty
You think you do. Honest we all think that.
Okay it's November now so what you n eed to do is turn off your heating and rely on an open fire to heat the whole house. If you have double glazing I want you to leave the fanlights open day and night to accentuate the cold! Or, better still, go out and live in your shed and it will give you a real taste of 'kiwiana' - or you coudl pretend it's your Bach. If you do pretend it's your Bach, get a good supply of mouse poo and chuck that about too and get that mousey smell (I thik this is what Mazi thought was the feet smell).

Have you got enough cash to buy a nice new house with underfloor heating or install central heating?
Well, November in Southern England and I have yet to put the heating on. I am currently sitting at my PC with just a long sleeved t-shirt & jeans on in a room that does not have any heating in it. Shock horror! I know that sounds strange, the house is double glazed and does have GCH via radiators, but not in this room (the study, ex-kitchen). My last house was a brand new one with no heating in the kitchen - it's a bit common now. You see they use up all the wall space fitting the units (shoe box kitchens) hence no radiator space and scrimp on no underfloor heating too. But hey, it's not that bad! Need to snuggle up under the duvet watching TV and put the electric blanket on - so really no difference to posts I've read about NZ come to think of it!
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

SecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Apple12
I must admit after reading your posts for the last year or so, I have to wonder the same thing!
Mind you, you have chosen to live in Hamiltron...
you need to get out more
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 9:56 am
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel
you need to get out more

Apple12 0.57 posts per day
Secret Squirrel 9.22 posts per day

Sorry, couldn't resist
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 12:44 am
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of

I didnt picture ever having to join this thread but......

After all the exctement of the holiday, knowing where we want to go, the London expo, interveiws etc we now seem to have hit a lump that has slowed us down and feeling we need to climb over it

need to get positive again ... when will something happen
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 3:20 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SirEglamore
I didnt picture ever having to join this thread but......

After all the exctement of the holiday, knowing where we want to go, the London expo, interveiws etc we now seem to have hit a lump that has slowed us down and feeling we need to climb over it

need to get positive again ... when will something happen
Wassup?
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

SecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud of

Apple12 0.57 posts per day
Secret Squirrel 9.22 posts per day

Sorry, couldn't resist
you really, really need to get out more
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 6:28 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

I must admit after reading your posts for the last year or so, I have to wonder the same thing!
Mind you, you have chosen to live in Hamiltron...
OH works Auckland and we hate Auckland more.
I don't live 'in Hamilton' I hate towns.

Last edited by mumomonty; Nov 3rd 2006 at 6:33 am. Reason: ---
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 7:07 am
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

So where do you like then?
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 7:49 am
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
Wassup?
Too much hurry up and wait. want every thing done right now (stamping of feet)
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 11:17 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

oh but Cow Town is a CITY. The NZ tourist thingy says so. And they know.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 6:28 pm
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mazi
oh but Cow Town is a CITY. The NZ tourist thingy says so. And they know.
ha ha. hammy ain't bad. We're fairly central. I'm over telling people it's shortfalls (NZ). Come and see for yourselves. Everyone's different. Byesy Bye.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 8:55 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

OK, lets get back to neg NZ - and incidentally, this maybe should have been posted on some kind of food thread

I have throughly enjoyed my very short time in NZ so far:
What the hell is NZ cottage cheese about? I opened the stuff I bought about 2 hours after geting home from shopping so I know it wasn't out of date - it was glutinous, not creamy and it tasted like someone had pissed in it (only what I imagine pissed on cottage cheese would taste like)- needless to say it went straight in the bin. Is that how it is round here?
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
OK, lets get back to neg NZ - and incidentally, this maybe should have been posted on some kind of food thread

I have throughly enjoyed my very short time in NZ so far:
What the hell is NZ cottage cheese about? I opened the stuff I bought about 2 hours after geting home from shopping so I know it wasn't out of date - it was glutinous, not creamy and it tasted like someone had pissed in it (only what I imagine pissed on cottage cheese would taste like)- needless to say it went straight in the bin. Is that how it is round here?
hate cottage cheese anyway but the sauces expect watties seem runny & as for mayonnaise, Best really is best, the others are like salad cream!!!
have you noticed the cling film (food wrap) doesn't cling
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 9:28 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppets
hate cottage cheese anyway but the sauces expect watties seem runny & as for mayonnaise, Best really is best, the others are like salad cream!!!
have you noticed the cling film (food wrap) doesn't cling

sweetheart, they call it plastic wrap - what did you expect :scared: :scared: !!!
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
sweetheart, they call it plastic wrap - what did you expect :scared: :scared: !!!

silly me i expected it to cling to a bloody bowl!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.