Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

(negative funny ish post) Kiwis are stupid. Discuss

(negative funny ish post) Kiwis are stupid. Discuss

Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light
Default (negative funny ish post) Kiwis are stupid. Discuss

Ok this will be like red to a bull.

I work as a nurse and meet all types of people through work. I have found that many kiwis are small minded idots.

For example, today is World Aids Day and when i said that i was suprised at the apathy of NZ TV and press one of my fellow nurses said 'maybe thats because its not an issue here' WTF its a world issue at the rates in NZ are creeping up. This is from a degree level nurse.

I am amazed at how many people cannot read and write, yeah my grammer is not great but i completed my training, and can function. Many people don't read or write here, we have 3-4 per a day here.

Still have not reached a funny part yet, sorry.

Then there is the scary fundamentalist christian beliefs here, many people here seem blinded by their faith.

I just think there is a large population here of really dumb people.

It makes work interesting, asking patients if they have any allergies, most dont know what an allergy is.

Then asked what medical problems they have they dont understand that either.

My favourite one is 'what brings you to hospital today'
response : The patient either
a) puts their foot up on the table and points at the toe, Like im some oracle or mind reader.
b) I did it playing rugby, (when asked how exactly they broke their wrist im told while playing rugby) Like Rugby here gives you spontaneous injuries.
c) They tell me they have a headache, runny nose, all over ache. (they then seem suprised and upset when i tell them that they may well have a cold. Like they would prefer it if i told them they had the bird flu or something)

People here seem to have very poor coping skills.

Also we are told that Kiwis are a friendly bunch, but I have met some real A holes, many are extremely arrogant probably because they are so small minded.

I dare you to say anything mildly negative about new zealand, say something about the houses being more like garden sheds, and they will not speak to you, its like you have deeply offended them

Anyway my kiwi boyfriend (English parents thank god) are off to Canada, will try somewhwere else.

Ive been here for 15 months now, yeah money is good for me but still im missing some culture and wit.

LMAO i edited my spelling mistakes, I'm English so have no problems pointing out my many flaws

Last edited by Sugo; Nov 30th 2006 at 9:59 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:33 pm
within Touching distance

GowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to all
Default Re: (negative funny ish post) Kiwis are stupid. Discuss

" am amazed at how many people cannot read and write, yeah my grammer is not great but i completed my training, and can funtion. Many people don't read or wirte here, we have 3-4 per a day here."

sorry, this just made me laugh....
Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:36 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugo
Anyway my kiwi boyfriend (English parents thank god) are off to Canada, will try somewhwere else.

Ive been here for 15 months now, yeah money is good for me but still im missing some culture and wit.
And you are going to Canada to find what?

Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GowHow
" am amazed at how many people cannot read and write, yeah my grammer is not great but i completed my training, and can funtion. Many people don't read or wirte here, we have 3-4 per a day here."

Probably typing errors!
What's the Kiwi's excuse?
In school: (some things my kids have been told)
Think Scotland is capital of England.
The Queen resides in NZ
Mount Everest is in South Island
These a just and example of things we hear on a daily basis when my kids come home from school. Its entertaining to say the least.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:43 pm
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rascal
Probably typing errors!
What's the Kiwi's excuse?
In school: (some things my kids have been told)
Think Scotland is capital of England.
The Queen resides in NZ
Mount Everest is in South Island
These a just and example of things we hear on a daily basis when my kids come home from school. Its entertaining to say the least.
The Maori Queen does reside in NZ! (or did until she died a few months ago. Now the Maori King does).
How much does the average British person know about NZ? Or about anywhere that they haven't directly experienced? Many NZers here are fourth generation NZers, or their ancestry does not come from Britain. General knowledge tends to have a local context.
I think the people with the best general knowledge are those that go to pub quizzes
Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

I work as a nurse and meet all types of people through work. I have found that many kiwis are small minded idots.

For example, today is World Aids Day and when i said that i was suprised at the apathy of NZ TV and press one of my fellow nurses said 'maybe thats because its not an issue here' WTF its a world issue at the rates in NZ are creeping up. This is from a degree level nurse.

I am amazed at how many people cannot read and write, yeah my grammer is not great but i completed my training, and can funtion. Many people don't read or wirte here, we have 3-4 per a day here.

Then there is the scary fundamentalist christian beliefs here, many people here seem blinded by their faith.

It makes work interesting, asking patients if they have any allergies, most dont know what an allergy is.

a) puts their foot up on the table and points at the toe, Like im some oracle or mind reader.
b) I did it playing rugby, (when asked how exactly they broke their wrist im told while playing rugby) Like Rugby here gives you spontaneous injuries.
c) They tell me they have a headache, runny nose, all over ache. (they then seem suprised and upset when i tell them that they may well have a cold. Like they would prefer it if i told them they had the bird flu or something)

Also we are told that Kiwis are a friendly bunch, but I have met some real A holes, many are extremely arrogant probably because they are so small minded.

I dare you to say anything mildly negative about new zealand, say something about the houses being more like garden sheds, and they will not speak to you, its like you have deeply offended them

Have to admit they can be quite small minded!!! when I watch the news I feel there is very little international news.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Apple12
The Maori Queen does reside in NZ!
Yes I know, close by to where I live but these kids said the Queen of England! lol
Oh and my eldest son's friend was filling out a application form and asked was he a NZ citizen?
He was born here and never ever left the NI.
I then told him that we had a European passport and he asked where Europe was?
He said he would like to go someday but wasn't sure exactly where it was. He is 18!
Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:50 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

I am amazed at how many people cannot read and write, yeah my grammer is not great but i completed my training, and can funtion. Many people don't read or wirte here, we have 3-4 per a day here.

My husband is a Kiwi with an English mother & Maori father. I have yet to move there, hopefully in early 2007.

I have read the Kiwi's don't have the same sense of humour as "us" but I've never met anyone who makes me laugh like my hubby!

As for "culture" - take it you never frequented Cornwall?

And if I may just pull you up on "small minded" - I too can do that!

"Ok this will be like red to a bull." (Quote) Please note you need to use quotation marks, not apostrophes, and I think you missed out "rag?"

"i" as in the first person should be a capital, as in "I."

"funtion." (Quote) ??
"wirte" (Quote) ??
"christian" (Quote) Capitals??
"I just think there is a large population here of really dumb people." (Quote) Generalisation methinks? Maybe a sub-standard education that didn't teach spelling or grammer?
"People here seem to have very poor coping skills." (Quote) Generalisation again?
"new zealand" did school not educate you that a country should have capitals?
"say something about the houses being more like garden sheds, and they will not speak to you, its like you have deeply offended them" (Quote) Because it is offensive - to anybody - would you say that to someone in the UK who struggled for good housing?
"Anyway my kiwi boyfriend (English parents thank god) are off to Canada, will try somewhwere else." (Quote) I see you managed capitals for "English and "Canada" but not for "Kiwi" or earlier "New Zealand" or even "God?"

Well you whined? I reacted - Fair Play n'est ce pas?!
Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:52 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
n'est ce pas?!
That Kiwi or Cornish?

Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

But she has lived here-you haven't.
Its her opinion.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by GowHow

my typing is bloody awful, probably bacuase i wont do any more uni courses here as the health board will not fund the nurses, but expect them to do them oh and i have to use up all my holiday leave to attend university if i do it.

Im usually really slack with typing.

so its new zealands fault LOL
Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by Rascal
But she has lived here-you haven't.
Its her opinion.
"Kiwi's are Stupid" is not an opinion - it is a rude generalisation - like I said I'm married to a Kiwi, his family live there and ALWAYS have on his father's side. Would it be acceptable to post "Cornish are Stupid?" On second thoughts - I see their point, I'll get my coat!!!
Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
That Kiwi or Cornish?

My Maori "Generalisation" of the Cornish, which makes me as bad as this poster is "Ite Ure"
Old Nov 30th 2006, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
My husband is a Kiwi with an English mother & Maori father. I have yet to move there, hopefully in early 2007.

I have read the Kiwi's don't have the same sense of humour as "us" but I've never met anyone who makes me laugh like my hubby!

As for "culture" - take it you never frequented Cornwall?

And if I may just pull you up on "small minded" - I too can do that!

"Ok this will be like red to a bull." (Quote) Please note you need to use quotation marks, not apostrophes, and I think you missed out "rag?"

"i" as in the first person should be a capital, as in "I."

"funtion." (Quote) ??
"wirte" (Quote) ??
"christian" (Quote) Capitals??
"I just think there is a large population here of really dumb people." (Quote) Generalisation methinks? Maybe a sub-standard education that didn't teach spelling or grammer?
"People here seem to have very poor coping skills." (Quote) Generalisation again?
"new zealand" did school not educate you that a country should have capitals?
"say something about the houses being more like garden sheds, and they will not speak to you, its like you have deeply offended them" (Quote) Because it is offensive - to anybody - would you say that to someone in the UK who struggled for good housing?
"Anyway my kiwi boyfriend (English parents thank god) are off to Canada, will try somewhwere else." (Quote) I see you managed capitals for "English and "Canada" but not for "Kiwi" or earlier "New Zealand" or even "God?"

Well you whined? I reacted - Fair Play n'est ce pas?!
told you it would be like red to a bull, you are the first of the herd. Maybe you would do better as a sheep.

Anyway you will fit in well in NZ.

i dont use capitals for god or kiwi, or nz because im slack at typing, i also dont have much respect for any of the above at the moment,

Im in a really p!ssy mood today, must be the lovely weather, didnt sleep since the first day of summer started with sever rain and winds, our house nearly blew away.

We should have a thread of kiwi'isms
like pointing out others errors, not so they can learn from them but rather so that the person who finds error looks and feels better.

Sad
Old Nov 30th 2006, 10:07 pm
Banned

told you it would be like red to a bull, you are the first of the herd. Maybe you would do better as a sheep.

Anyway you will fit in well in NZ.

i dont use capitals for god or kiwi, or nz because im slack at typing, i also dont have much respect for any of the above at the moment,

Im in a really p!ssy mood today, must be the lovely weather, didnt sleep since the first day of summer started with sever rain and winds, our house nearly blew away.

We should have a thread of kiwi'isms
like pointing out others errors, not so they can learn from them but rather so that the person who finds error looks and feels better.

Sad
Chill. Have a Relax. Deep breathes.

Feel better?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.