Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Need Work permit (or lettere of emoly)to open NZ bank acc

Need Work permit (or lettere of emoly)to open NZ bank acc

Old Jan 22nd 2005, 5:13 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Need Work permit (or lettere of emoly)to open NZ bank acc

Greetings all,

Have checked-out a few of the NZ bank sites and it would seem that they require a NZ work visa or letter of employment before I would be able to open a bank account over there.

Anyone offer any input on this?

Cheers Campbell.
Old Jan 24th 2005, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Roger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Need Work permit (or lettere of emoly)to open NZ bank acc

I think that they do require a Work Permit/Residency from memory. We joined ASB via The Commonwealth Bank of Oz. They are really good, and would highly recomend them - for when you can join.
Old Jan 24th 2005, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need Work permit (or lettere of emoly)to open NZ bank acc

I called the ASB and they said that yes you need a work permit or residence permit. Having said that I came here 8 years ago and my account was opened as a tourist. i did that through the Nat west in the UK who opened my account with their "sister" bank here in NZ, the westpac on my behalf.

I would suggest you try your bank inthe UK to see if this is still possible. The customer service person i spoke to at the ASB may not be clued up on this option though it may no longer be available.