Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Need some upto date info on move to NZ ASAP

Need some upto date info on move to NZ ASAP

Old May 30th 2006, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Pastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of light
Default Need some upto date info on move to NZ ASAP

Hi Everyone

We looked seriously into a move to NZ nearly three years ago and went through all of the processes, made a 5 week visit but decided at the time it wasnt right for us, plus it was difficult to get a job.

Well 3 years down the line my current job is coming to an end and I may have an amazing opportunity of a job offer with one of NZ companys on the acredited list.

So if I get the job, which I may know in 1 week, how soon could I be out there. I know the points system has all changed to Expression of Interest Pool. Will we have to go in the pool even though I have a job offer. Do I still need points? What is the points system based on?

Timing is really key for us this time.

It would also help if you could give us a quick checklist of what we need to get done. Below are the bits I remember we need to get done.

Police Check
Medical
Immigration Checks
Flights
Container.

Cant believe we have started on this roller coaster again, but this time it feels more real.

Any comments welcome.

Paul
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

Pastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Need some upto date info on move to NZ ASAP

Hi there

I see there are lots of people reading this but no comments just yet.
I have now been told by NZ immigration London it could be just 4-6 weeks for visa with job offer and quoted only £80 each, which I thought was very cheap. Probably as they had already made money from e on the £1 per min call.

Still need some help and info on timescales for medicals and police checks.

Got my video interview nexts weds, so fingers crossed.

Please help if you can.

Paul
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pastor Flaps
Hi there

I see there are lots of people reading this but no comments just yet.
I have now been told by NZ immigration London it could be just 4-6 weeks for visa with job offer and quoted only £80 each, which I thought was very cheap. Probably as they had already made money from e on the £1 per min call.

Still need some help and info on timescales for medicals and police checks.

Got my video interview nexts weds, so fingers crossed.

Please help if you can.

Paul
Are you talking about a visa with job offer or residency with job offer. if the company is on the accredited list, you can get a work to resident visa in a matter of weeks (ours took two weeks, but this was 3 years ago..). Advantage..really quick turnaround and you can get to NZ quickly.. disadvantage is it is not PR yet.

but there is nothing stopping you getting to NZ on your work permit and then applying for PR from NZ. disadvantage is paying twice.

I think the PR process is longer than the work permit process, but somebody else may know how long...i would imagine around 3 months?
just make sure in your enquiries you make a distinction between PR and a work permit.

hope to welcome you in NZ soon....
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Radio Ham has a spectacular aura aboutRadio Ham has a spectacular aura aboutRadio Ham has a spectacular aura about

I was talking to someone in Auckland who has been on the ground for a couple of years working with a permit and had their PR application fast tracked - taking 14 weeks, which is said to be a record in these parts... unless someone else knows better, of course.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info guys. I am a little confused and obviously rusty on the visa situation since we last looked 3 years ago. I have checked the NZ imigration site but still not sure.

Can you explain further what you mean by "Are you talking about a visa with job offer or residency with job offer"

The company is on the acredited list so what is the differance in applying other than time.Can you remind me what a PR is and if I could apply first but how that would impact timescales.

Cant get hold of my local medical company so still in the dark on costs and timescales on this one.

Having spoken to my potential new employer 4-6 weeks is good for them but I think that could be unrealistic if the police check takes 40 days plus 6 weeks for visa, that 12 weeks, hope they will wait.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 7:52 am
Just Joined

leggs is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Pastor Flaps]Hi Everyone

We looked seriously into a move to NZ nearly three years ago and went through all of the processes, made a 5 week visit but decided at the time it wasnt right for us, plus it was difficult to get a job.

Well 3 years down the line my current job is coming to an end and I may have an amazing opportunity of a job offer with one of NZ companys on the acredited list.

So if I get the job, which I may know in 1 week, how soon could I be out there. I know the points system has all changed to Expression of Interest Pool. Will we have to go in the pool even though I have a job offer. Do I still need points? What is the points system based on?

It would also help if you could give us a quick checklist of what we need to get done.Below are bits I remember we need to get done.

Police checks
Medicals
Immigration checks
Flights
Container

Can"t beleive we have started on this rollercoaster again,but this time it feels more real.
Any comments welcome.

Paul

HI.We have applied for residency without a job offer so ours is taking 4 - 7 months.
If you have a job offer then your residency is usually through in 4 - 6 weeks as long as you have all your paperwork ready.You still need to do an expression of interest but you will be selected automatically cos of job offer and then sent paperwork for residency.You need 140 points .You can do the quick points calculator on the immigration website to see if get enough points for residency.The expression of interest form takes a couple of hours to complete but it forms part of your residency application.£100 for that.They select from the pool every wednesday and let you know the next day when you are selected.
Police checks take up to 40 days to come back to you once you have requested them but only last 6 months so I would wait until you are selected from the pool.£10 every person over 18 yrs included in application.
Medicals need to be done by a dr on the recognised panel for immigration (found on nz immigration website).They only last 3 months so we had ours done last.There was only a 2 weeks waiting list in Sheffield and results were posted to us within 10 days. Cost £685 for 2 adults and 2 kids!!
Do you have a house to sell?That seems to take the longest.
Your passport needs at least 2 years left on it for residency.
Things you need to send for residency application are,
birth certs,passports,relationship evidence if you are including partner/spouse(letter from a friend stating you are in a stable relationship,evidence of living together eg,joint letters,bank accounts etc),proof of qualifications,job history,job offer in writing.Anything you are getting points for ,you need to send evidence.
Hope this is useful.

Last edited by leggs; Jun 2nd 2006 at 8:00 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold

Hi Everyone

It would also help if you could give us a quick checklist of what we need to get done. Below are the bits I remember we need to get done.

Police Check
Medical
Immigration Checks
Flights
Container.

Cant believe we have started on this roller coaster again, but this time it feels more real.

Any comments welcome.

Paul
hi paul
police checks takes 4 weeks and the medical you book go and have your cheast xrays and than take them with you to the medical appointment,thats done the only thing you have to wait for is the blood samples which take seven to ten days then they send the results to you.
dont forget that the medical has to be within three months of travel or you have to do it all over again and its bloody expensive!!!!!!!
hope this helps
jane
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

how expensive are the medicals?
2 adults, 2 kids aged 8 and 4.

Paul
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 8:03 am
Just Joined

Paul

Adults will need chest xrays and blood tests also,kids just need medicals.My kids are 5 and 7 .It cost £685 altogether.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

Your right, bloody expensive. Although its not the cost that worries me its the blood test. I am a typical bloke when it comes to blood. Better make sure I am sitting down so I dont have to far to fall.

Thanks

Paul
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold

Paul
2 adults xray = £75 each
kids dont need xray under the age of 11
2 adults medical = £245 each
2 kids medical = £55 each

this is the prices in york , we have to go to the local york hospital, they have a walk in x ray dept 9-11 am and then on the same day we have a appointment at another medical center about ten mins out side of york.
wish us luck we have three adults medicals, three adults xray and 2 kids medicals to pay for grand total = £1070.00
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 8:15 am
Just Joined

Your right, bloody expensive. Although its not the cost that worries me its the blood test. I am a typical bloke when it comes to blood. Better make sure I am sitting down so I dont have to far to fall.

Thanks

Paul
The residency application also costs £585 and migrant levy fee of £480 for 4 people.Not a cheap option.
I beleive a work visa costs £80 and is organised in 2 weeks but that only covers you and not your family.You would need a separate visa for them.Where are you heading?
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Heading for Auckland. Hopefully got a job in the city.
Planning on living North of the city for a better commute, but will decide when we get there.
Priority for us is schooling for the kids and a nice house in great location.

Just back to the visa then,

I have been told £80 for me, £80 for my wife and £80 for my daughter who will be in school and £40 for my son. My understanding is that this will get us into NZ and I can start work.

Where does the residency application of £585 and migrant levy fee of £480 for 4 people come into play.When does this need to be paid. What is a migrant levy. Is this based on the type of visa or does everyone have to pay it.

Could someone please tell me then which visa I need to apply for with a job offer from an employer on the acredited list.

At my interview on Wednesday, I need to be 100% factual and clear on timings, options and terminology.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Need some upto date info on move to NZ ASAP

Hi Everyone

Police Check
Medical
Immigration Checks
Flights
Container.

Any comments welcome.

Paul
Hi Paul
Forgive me for being thick, but what is the acredited list? and where do i find it?
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

The acredited list can be found on the NZ immigration website.
It list a number of companies who can provide job offers to migrants and therefore qualify for more points. It also enables someone with significant work experiance to get a visa, rather than qualifications. Thats my understanding anyway. If I am wrong, can someone please tell me, becuase my plan is all based on this!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.