Reload this Page >

Need some upto date info on move to NZ ASAP

Need some upto date info on move to NZ ASAP

Old Jun 2nd 2006, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

leggs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need some upto date info on move to NZ ASAP

Originally Posted by Pastor Flaps
Heading for Auckland. Hopefully got a job in the city.
Planning on living North of the city for a better commute, but will decide when we get there.
Priority for us is schooling for the kids and a nice house in great location.

Just back to the visa then,

I have been told £80 for me, £80 for my wife and £80 for my daughter who will be in school and £40 for my son. My understanding is that this will get us into NZ and I can start work.

Where does the residency application of £585 and migrant levy fee of £480 for 4 people come into play.When does this need to be paid. What is a migrant levy. Is this based on the type of visa or does everyone have to pay it.

Could someone please tell me then which visa I need to apply for with a job offer from an employer on the acredited list.

At my interview on Wednesday, I need to be 100% factual and clear on timings, options and terminology.

Hi Paul.
With a job offer you can apply for a working visa which vary in length from 2 - 3 years.That will cost £80.After the work visa has expired then you will have to apply for residency or leave nz.
You can also apply straight away for residency with a job offer,and that will cost you £585 for the family with you as the principal applicant.
The migrant levy is £120 per person up to £480.This is to fund research into the affects of migration etc.This is paid when your residency application is approved.
I hear it is cheaper to apply for residency when you live in nz(medicals etc).You have the choice because you have a job offer.
Hope this helps.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

Pastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of light

Ok I am a little confused now, in the last responce says I can get my medical once I am in NZ.

I am sorry to sound a bit slow on this but am a little confused. Would I be right in saying that I can apply for a working visa with my job offer which would cost £80 each. I dont need medicals but I do need police checks. This could get me in NZ in 4-6 weeks.

Once in NZ I have 2-3 years in New Zealand I can apply for Residency at which point I get the medicals. Once approved I pay the migrant levy.
In the future I can then apply for dual nationality.

Or I can apply for residency with the job offer but this could take a lot longer.

Bloody hell this is confusing. If I still dont understand it all in the interview, Im stuffed I think.

Any clarification would be very much appreaciated.

Paul
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Pastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=leggs]
Hi Everyone

We looked seriously into a move to NZ nearly three years ago and went through all of the processes, made a 5 week visit but decided at the time it wasnt right for us, plus it was difficult to get a job.

Well 3 years down the line my current job is coming to an end and I may have an amazing opportunity of a job offer with one of NZ companys on the acredited list.

So if I get the job, which I may know in 1 week, how soon could I be out there. I know the points system has all changed to Expression of Interest Pool. Will we have to go in the pool even though I have a job offer. Do I still need points? What is the points system based on?

Timing is really key for us this time.
It would also help if you could give us a quick checklist of what we need to get done.Below are bits I remember we need to get done.

Police checks
Medicals
Immigration checks
Flights
Container

Can"t beleive we have started on this rollercoaster again,but this time it feels more real.
Any comments welcome.

Paul

HI.We have applied for residency without a job offer so ours is taking 4 - 7 months.
If you have a job offer then your residency is usually through in 4 - 6 weeks as long as you have all your paperwork ready.You still need to do an expression of interest but you will be selected automatically cos of job offer and then sent paperwork for residency.You need 140 points .You can do the quick points calculator on the immigration website to see if get enough points for residency.The expression of interest form takes a couple of hours to complete but it forms part of your residency application.£100 for that.They select from the pool every wednesday and let you know the next day when you are selected.
Police checks take up to 40 days to come back to you once you have requested them but only last 6 months so I would wait until you are selected from the pool.£10 every person over 18 yrs included in application.
Medicals need to be done by a dr on the recognised panel for immigration (found on nz immigration website).They only last 3 months so we had ours done last.There was only a 2 weeks waiting list in Sheffield and results were posted to us within 10 days. Cost £685 for 2 adults and 2 kids!!
Do you have a house to sell?That seems to take the longest.
Your passport needs at least 2 years left on it for residency.
Things you need to send for residency application are,
birth certs,passports,relationship evidence if you are including partner/spouse(letter from a friend stating you are in a stable relationship,evidence of living together eg,joint letters,bank accounts etc),proof of qualifications,job history,job offer in writing.Anything you are getting points for ,you need to send evidence.
Hope this is useful.
I have just read through this again and yes it is very helpful. I spoke to our local medical centre from the list and they have said earliest appointment is August and cost is £900, so a trip to Sheffield maybe on the cards. Not too far for us.
I will check the website again for my points. I worked it as 110 with job offer. Would this not be enough then?
Please read my last reply and see if you can clairfy further, thanks Paul
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

rickg37 will become famous soon enoughrickg37 will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=Pastor Flaps]
Originally Posted by leggs

I have just read through this again and yes it is very helpful. I spoke to our local medical centre from the list and they have said earliest appointment is August and cost is £900, so a trip to Sheffield maybe on the cards. Not too far for us.
I will check the website again for my points. I worked it as 110 with job offer. Would this not be enough then?
Please read my last reply and see if you can clairfy further, thanks Paul

Paul

Just adding my comments to the pile we as a family of 4 applied for residency with a job offer on 105 points EOI accepted and now successful so paperwork on the way back so 110 is worth a try

Rick
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 8:32 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Need some upto date info on move to NZ ASAP

Ok I am a little confused now, in the last responce says I can get my medical once I am in NZ.

I am sorry to sound a bit slow on this but am a little confused. Would I be right in saying that I can apply for a working visa with my job offer which would cost £80 each. I dont need medicals but I do need police checks. This could get me in NZ in 4-6 weeks.

Once in NZ I have 2-3 years in New Zealand I can apply for Residency at which point I get the medicals. Once approved I pay the migrant levy.
In the future I can then apply for dual nationality.

Or I can apply for residency with the job offer but this could take a lot longer.

Bloody hell this is confusing. If I still dont understand it all in the interview, Im stuffed I think.

Any clarification would be very much appreaciated.

Paul

Hi again.
It is very confusing.You are correct in saying that you can apply for a working visa with your job offer with just police checks.A friend of mine went to nz last year on a 3 yr working visa and she only needed police checks.
That is a quicker way to go.If you are already living in nz and you apply for residency you get your medicals done there.I also have friends who did it that way.
You can also apply for residency now with your job offer.Nz wants people with job offers so you are likely to be selected if you have 100 - 139 points.We have decided to apply for residency before we go so it is done ,and I have access to all the papers I need to send for it while I still live here.If you apply for residency with your job offer it will be fast tracked and probably take 4 - 6 weeks.
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

You can also apply for residency now with your job offer.Nz wants people with job offers so you are likely to be selected if you have 100 - 139 points.We have decided to apply for residency before we go so it is done ,and I have access to all the papers I need to send for it while I still live here.If you apply for residency with your job offer it will be fast tracked and probably take 4 - 6 weeks.
We got PR in 2 days. We sent it registered post and it got to them 9.15 in the morning on the tuesday and on the thursday they rang us up telling us to go book our flights. Obviously everything else takes more time.... the police checks came back in just over 2 weeks if I remember right. Good luck.
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=rickg37]

Paul

Just adding my comments to the pile we as a family of 4 applied for residency with a job offer on 105 points EOI accepted and now successful so paperwork on the way back so 110 is worth a try

Rick
Hi Rick,

So what did you actually apply for.
I was on the nz immigration website last night until 1.00 in the morning and thought it was getting cleaer but was going around in circles.
My understanding from the website is that I will be applying under the Talen section and clearly says that I need to meet the health requirements.
Did you do your medicals?

Paul
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SarahB
We got PR in 2 days. We sent it registered post and it got to them 9.15 in the morning on the tuesday and on the thursday they rang us up telling us to go book our flights. Obviously everything else takes more time.... the police checks came back in just over 2 weeks if I remember right. Good luck.
Hi Sarah

did you apply with a job offer then?
Had you already got your medicals sorted or did you do them when you arrived?

You did well, how is life now?

Paul
Old Jun 4th 2006, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

rickg37 will become famous soon enoughrickg37 will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=Pastor Flaps]
Originally Posted by rickg37

Hi Rick,

So what did you actually apply for.
I was on the nz immigration website last night until 1.00 in the morning and thought it was getting cleaer but was going around in circles.
My understanding from the website is that I will be applying under the Talen section and clearly says that I need to meet the health requirements.
Did you do your medicals?

Paul

We applied as skilled migrants the EOI took about 2 hours to completed but mainly because you repeat a lot of information, as I said I have a job offer to start work in October so put their details on the EOI and from submission to being accepted and confirmed paperwork was on the way was 7 days. The only delay in the chain is we will have to wait for the police checks back and our medicals are the end of June hope this answered some questions

Regards

Rick & Tracy
Old Jun 4th 2006, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Need some upto date info on move to NZ ASAP

The acredited list can be found on the NZ immigration website.
It list a number of companies who can provide job offers to migrants and therefore qualify for more points. It also enables someone with significant work experiance to get a visa, rather than qualifications. Thats my understanding anyway. If I am wrong, can someone please tell me, becuase my plan is all based on this!!!!
Ok, I know i said i was thick, but where on the nz immigration web site is it? Maybe i've already seen it but it does'nt ring a bell. Thanks for your help.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Spacecake799
Ok, I know i said i was thick, but where on the nz immigration web site is it? Maybe i've already seen it but it does'nt ring a bell. Thanks for your help.
Hello there

use this link and look at the bottom of the page to see another link to the accredited list.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/nzopp...oresidence.htm

Hope this helps.

Paul
Old Jun 4th 2006, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

Hi again.
It is very confusing.You are correct in saying that you can apply for a working visa with your job offer with just police checks.A friend of mine went to nz last year on a 3 yr working visa and she only needed police checks.
That is a quicker way to go.If you are already living in nz and you apply for residency you get your medicals done there.I also have friends who did it that way.
Hello Leggs

I have looked through the immigration website and cant see any option to get a visa without the medical. Did your friends get this before a change.
Only three days to the interview, so spending evenings swatting up on everything NZ and making sure I know every about the visa situation.

Looks like we will have to travel for the medical if the interview goes well.

Thanks

Paul
Old Jun 5th 2006, 9:05 am
Just Joined

Hello Leggs

I have looked through the immigration website and cant see any option to get a visa without the medical. Did your friends get this before a change.
Only three days to the interview, so spending evenings swatting up on everything NZ and making sure I know every about the visa situation.

Thanks

Paul
Hi Paul.
My friend went to nz last september so it may have changed since then.She didn"t need a medical for a work visa at that time.
Good luck with interview.
We have just accepted an offer on our house so I am looking for a job now.Hope to be in nz by sept/october.

Last edited by leggs; Jun 5th 2006 at 9:07 am.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Hello Leggs

Thanks

Paul
Hi Paul,
I believe the "work visa" you are talking about is a "work to residence visa" also called a "talent visa". this is the visa we came across to Nz with initially. We had to have both police checks and medicals done to get this work visa, im pretty sure this is still the case. be prepared to have to do police checks and medicals.

there is a difference between a "work visa" and "permanent residency or PR". If you want to apply directly for PR then if you have a job offer and more than 100 points you may be selected. This is the option that costs the several hundred pounds.

If you apply for the work visa (talent visa) the turnaround time is quicker and it costs less. It gives you two years, you can apply for PR at any time during the two years, or wait until the two years is up and then apply. The advantage is yoiu get to NZ quicker and it costs less, the disadvantage is you have to pay twice.

what we did (because timing was also a consideration) was apply for a "talent visa" go to New Zealand, start work, a month or so later applied for PR, kept working until PR came through, no hassles or stress about timframes. We did have to do two sets of medicals, one for the "talent visa" whilst in Ireland and one for the "PR application" when in NZ.

Hope im not confusing you too much.....
Old Jun 6th 2006, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by newkiwi
Hi Paul,
I believe the "work visa" you are talking about is a "work to residence visa" also called a "talent visa". this is the visa we came across to Nz with initially. We had to have both police checks and medicals done to get this work visa, im pretty sure this is still the case. be prepared to have to do police checks and medicals.

there is a difference between a "work visa" and "permanent residency or PR". If you want to apply directly for PR then if you have a job offer and more than 100 points you may be selected. This is the option that costs the several hundred pounds.

If you apply for the work visa (talent visa) the turnaround time is quicker and it costs less. It gives you two years, you can apply for PR at any time during the two years, or wait until the two years is up and then apply. The advantage is yoiu get to NZ quicker and it costs less, the disadvantage is you have to pay twice.

what we did (because timing was also a consideration) was apply for a "talent visa" go to New Zealand, start work, a month or so later applied for PR, kept working until PR came through, no hassles or stress about timframes. We did have to do two sets of medicals, one for the "talent visa" whilst in Ireland and one for the "PR application" when in NZ.

Hope im not confusing you too much.....
Hi Newkiwi

Your explanation above really does help. Clears the mud into a dirty coloured water!!!

Just need to wait now and see what happens on the job front.
Looks like the interview scheduled for tomorrow is being postponed, so may have some more time for police checks to come through.

Thank for your help.

Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.