Reload this Page >

Need some advice regarding possible move to new zealand

Need some advice regarding possible move to new zealand

Old Sep 12th 2012, 11:42 am
Just Joined

jamie2210 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need some advice regarding possible move to new zealand

Hi

My name is jamie i'm 34 and from edinburgh united kingdom. Basically i'm looking for some advice regarding a possible move to new zealand and what are my realistic options are if any with gaining visa's etc. My best friend moved out to new zealand (north island, turangi) 6 years ago and has married a kiwi girl and now has kids. he works as a corrections officer and has gained full resident status, both him and his family have asked me to go live with them and i would so like to make the move and start a new life if possible. so i really need some advice, my worries are that i dont have a skilled job that new zealand are looking for. i only work in a warehouse as a forklift driver and have discoverved that because im over the age of 30 i cant get the innitial 1 year working visa. so just wondeting if anybody can give me some advice, is there anyway i can make this move happen as i know its not easy to be able to live and work in new zealand. i'd be greatful for any advice thanx jamie
Old Sep 12th 2012, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of
Default Re: Need some advice regarding possible move to new zealand

Originally Posted by jamie2210
Hi

My name is jamie i'm 34 and from edinburgh united kingdom. Basically i'm looking for some advice regarding a possible move to new zealand and what are my realistic options are if any with gaining visa's etc. My best friend moved out to new zealand (north island, turangi) 6 years ago and has married a kiwi girl and now has kids. he works as a corrections officer and has gained full resident status, both him and his family have asked me to go live with them and i would so like to make the move and start a new life if possible. so i really need some advice, my worries are that i dont have a skilled job that new zealand are looking for. i only work in a warehouse as a forklift driver and have discoverved that because im over the age of 30 i cant get the innitial 1 year working visa. so just wondeting if anybody can give me some advice, is there anyway i can make this move happen as i know its not easy to be able to live and work in new zealand. i'd be greatful for any advice thanx jamie
hi jamie you could look at maybe buying a business, or retraining for a skill that nz needs as your young,
Old Sep 13th 2012, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

Miss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud of

Hi Jamie

You could get a 1 year working visa with Bunac. http://www.bunac.org.uk/uk/worknewze...igibility.aspx

They offer them for people from 18 to 35 years old.

Maybe just come out here on the Bunac visa and see where you can go from there.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Miss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud of

Hi Jamie

You can still get a one year visa with Bunac http://bunac.org/uk/worknewzealand/eligibility.aspx

The one year exchange visa. These are available to people up to 35 years old. A friend of mine has just come out on one.

Old Sep 13th 2012, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Chris-Napier has a reputation beyond reputeChris-Napier has a reputation beyond reputeChris-Napier has a reputation beyond reputeChris-Napier has a reputation beyond reputeChris-Napier has a reputation beyond reputeChris-Napier has a reputation beyond reputeChris-Napier has a reputation beyond reputeChris-Napier has a reputation beyond reputeChris-Napier has a reputation beyond reputeChris-Napier has a reputation beyond reputeChris-Napier has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jamie, I think you should have a read of the thread from PINKY2. It has given us all a good laugh but you may get some information that may be helpful to you.
Seriously though, it isn't easy if you haven't got a skill required by NZ. Good luck though.