Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Need to get away for 1 week - any suggestions?

Need to get away for 1 week - any suggestions?

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold
Default Need to get away for 1 week - any suggestions?

Ive just got back to Auckland after spending the last 3 months in Christchurch on an Air Traffic Controllers course. They (Airways) chopped me yesterday (half way through the course) and i'm absolutely gutted. I fell ill (cold/flu) a few weeks ago and it mustve been stress related and it was diagnosed/ solved too late for my own good as I was playing catch up as far as the practical side of things went (in the simulators). I ran out of time as they operate on the tightest of schedules. Just to rub it in I found out I got 100% in my final written exam for aerodrome control which i did on monday..................

Anyway......................

Any recommendations (or any special deals youve seen) please for getting away for a week from this saturday that wont cost a bomb but will mean nice warm temperatures with a beach and stress free (and away from NZ)

And then when i get back i'll be looking for a job as im married, have a 3yr old daughter and another babby due in November.............
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:48 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need to get away for 1 week - any suggestions?

Hi Zara's Dad,

Sorry to hear your news, what a bugger ...

In answer to your question; I was out last night with someone who's just got back from a week in Samoa, which they thoroughly enjoyed and said was really relaxing. Not over commercialized at all. Plus she had a good tan!

Also try asking Ash1 about Raratonga, they were there recently and loved it. Plenty have enjoyed Fiji, but I'm not so sure that's a particularly cheap option.

Whatever you decide, relax, enjoy and come back fit to pick up the good fight again! Good luck!
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

OZ on the east coast somewhere....
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Fiji

Kaikoura coast

Rotorua

I'd be really depressed if I have to live in Auckland. I can totally relate to your feelings - you fed up enough.

I had a night walk around Welly harbour - alone. just got back home now and bought BigMac for tea - stupid.eh? ..............as I do feel really really sad and lost ....... I do miss Mr Davies (in u.k) sooooo much/awful lot. We had been to Kaikoura Coast and had a fantastic time together.. the most beautiful sights (sea) I've ever seen. ... .... .......in my life..........
I do miss all that...............burst into tears when I got home..........Maybe heavy Antibiotics I have been taking - that makes me real hard - it's killing me.

cheer up. hope you'll feel better soon.

Last edited by crap coffee; Sep 3rd 2008 at 11:41 am.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 11:44 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crap coffee
Fiji

Kaikoura coast

Rotorua

I'd be really depressed if I have to live in Auckland. I can totally relate to your feelings - you fed up enough.

I had a night walk around Welly harbour - alone. just got back home now and bought BigMac for tea - stupid.eh? ..............as I do feel really really sad and lost ....... I do miss Mr Davies (in u.k) sooooo much/awful lot. We had been to Kaikoura Coast and had a fantastic time together.. the most beautiful sights (sea) I've ever seen. ... .... .......in my life..........
I do miss all that...............burst into tears when I got home..........Maybe heavy Antibiotics I have been taking - that makes me real hard - it's killing me.

cheer up. You will feel better soon.
Just got back from a great Saturday in Auckland, flew from Wellington with my daughters went to the vector arena to see Panic at the Disco, The Academy is, cobra Starship without hubby btw it was great made me feel 20 again...and was nice to see the busy Auckland , had a great girlie weekend, made me feel lots better....

and was nice to come home to the quiet NZ again, till next time im off to wellington with my best friend for a weekend...

go and see a rock, pop concert always good
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 11:45 am

Fiji

Kaikoura coast

Rotorua

cheer up. hope you'll feel better soon.
awww hope you feel better...huggs xxxxx
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
awww hope you feel better...huggs xxxxx
Thanks.......{{{huggs}}} too
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

and was nice to come home to the quiet NZ again, till next time im off to wellington with my best friend for a weekend...

go and see a rock, pop concert always good
I am sure you will have a good time in Welly.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 11:55 am

I am sure you will have a good time in Welly.
Yes I will I will make sure of it and have been before on a girls weekend, thanks love...as I said go to a rock concert....
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 11:58 am

Yes I will I will make sure of it and have been before on a girls weekend, thanks love...as I said go to a rock concert....
Does the Hi-5 circus count?! Mine are off to see it in Hamilton - I believe you're going aren't you?

Sorry, not you, stasia - oops!

Last edited by Am Loolah; Sep 3rd 2008 at 12:02 pm. Reason: Wrong, wrong, wrong ...
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:01 pm

QUOTE=Am Loolah;6743861]Does the Hi-5 circus count?! Mine are off to see it in Hamilton - I believe you're going aren't you?[/QUOTE]

Lol.....luckily my kids are past that stage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0iCfvjl5Xw
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:03 pm

QUOTE=Am Loolah;6743861]Does the Hi-5 circus count?! Mine are off to see it in Hamilton - I believe you're going aren't you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0iCfvjl5Xw[/QUOTE]

Yes, sorry, just checked wasn't you. Luckily my 13 year old and her friend are taking my 5 year old! Phew!!!

Crap Coffee, sorry to hear you are so sad, hope you feel better soon.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Am Loolah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0iCfvjl5Xw
Yes, sorry, just checked wasn't you. Luckily my 13 year old and her friend are taking my 5 year old! Phew!!!

Crap Coffee, sorry to hear you are so sad, hope you feel better soon.[/QUOTE]

phew ......
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

I ocasionally go to a pub on Friday nights to see band playing - used to go to The Occidental a lot with him...http://www.theoccidental.co.nz/ ... Two years ago......I do remember the band was playing The Killers Mr Brightside......... so exciting.......people dance........... I love to see people dance on the floor...... it's FUn...... He bloody loves there........4.30 p.m Drinking every Fridays after work. (cos his work just opposite - The Departments of Corrections. ) naughty isn't he?

I just thought.... you are interesting ... you'd like to enjoy your life like 20s....... how envy ......at least you seem to have much energy to do whatever. I am only 30 but feel like I am 50. not sure ..........lack of interest?...........of young (ish) stuff....... I don't even dress up properly these days ...like Nana

Hope you catch up with your dear friend and sure you will have a lovely time in Welly.

Cheers

Last edited by crap coffee; Sep 3rd 2008 at 1:28 pm.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:21 pm

I ocasionally go to a pub on Friday nights to see band playing - used to go to Occidental with him.........exciting & enjoyable.......people dance........... I love to see people dance on the floor...... it's FUn...... He bloody loves there........4.30 p.m drinking every Fridays after work (cos his work just opposite - The Departments of Corrections. ) naughty isn't he?

I just thought.... you are interesting ... you'd like to enjoy your life like 20s....... how envy ......at least you seem to have much energy to do whatever. I am only 30 but feel like I am 50. not sure ..........lack of interest?...........of young (ish) stuff.......

Hope you catch up with your dear friend and sure you will have a lovely time in Welly.

Cheers
awww thanks, well yes I have not grown up and I like to see live bands, and music is a big thing in my life...

dont know about the energy through Im still getting over the weekend

and I get my bad days, but i try to keep positive and a sense of humour I go into my lovely garden listen to the peaceful surroundings and listen to music always makes me feel great...

and you seem interesting to ....have you got a myspace btw???

anyway thanks and take care xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.