Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Need to buy some towels - worth waiting til after Christmas?

Need to buy some towels - worth waiting til after Christmas?

Old Dec 10th 2009, 11:36 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need to buy some towels - worth waiting til after Christmas?

just realised that need to get some more towels before my ma and LO2 arrive (hopefully ma before LO2, or we're in babysitting bother!!) I'm itching to go and get them now whilst i think of it, but will it be worth my while to wait until after Christmas and get them in a sale? And if so, where - was going to head to farmers, but any other recommendations?

ta!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

garfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to all
Default Re: Need to buy some towels - worth waiting til after Christmas?

Why not check the TV later, Brisco's might be having one of their twice daily sales! Well worth waiting for!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 11:43 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by garfield250
Why not check the TV later, Brisco's might be having one of their twice daily sales! Well worth waiting for!
yeah, i noticed i missed one of their 24 hour ones a few days ago! i kind of refuse to go to briscoes on principle cos of them!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

garfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Stoof
yeah, i noticed i missed one of their 24 hour ones a few days ago! i kind of refuse to go to briscoes on principle cos of them!
Me too, I mean how many sales can one company have during the year??
Old Dec 11th 2009, 1:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by garfield250
So true!!
Old Dec 11th 2009, 2:46 am

george toni is an unknown quantity at this point

heck if towel price hunting is what you are doing id say get out more

george
Old Dec 11th 2009, 5:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by george toni
heck if towel price hunting is what you are doing id say get out more

george
think i'm nesting! and it's too damn hot to go out!
Old Dec 11th 2009, 6:06 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Pre-crimbo Briscoes. Don't wait .
Old Dec 11th 2009, 6:15 am

yep its off to Briscos for their 30% off towels sale ends sunday so dont wait as it will be all of two weeks before their next one

george
Old Dec 11th 2009, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

Used a towel to mop up the rain from the trampoline this evening before the kids could go on it - yes the rest of NZ basks in sunshine, but not us in Wellington.....
Old Dec 11th 2009, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

My darling daughter works for Briscoes....not full time I hasten to add, she's still at school, but in the run up to Christmas she's working some horrendous hours . Officially I know nothing about their sales, but I do know that she's got some more late evenings coming up....and the late nights invariably coincide with sales .
I've only done one Christmas/ New Year in NZ so far, so I'm reluctant to sound too knowledgeable...but based on my experience last year the sales were better in the run up to Christmas. Come the New Year I felt that the sales were a bit lacklustre, it seemed like everyone had something better to do than go shopping & the "bargains" just looked like all the old tat that hadn't sold during the year.
Based on that I'd suggest looking to buy this side of Christmas...watch & wait for a decent sale & then get in early.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 8:27 am
Account Closed

right... have just seen the 30% off ad for Briscoes, so am going to bite the bullet and go get it sorted this weekend! thank you all! (i'll maybe try and find a life too )
Old Dec 11th 2009, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

My take on the January sales is that traditionally, Kiwis go away in January so no point making it a big retail month

the sales start here on Boxing day

I can't be bothered with them though

As for towels... buy now...
Old Dec 11th 2009, 6:15 pm

Hey Stoof no need to go in search of 'Finding a life'

I hasten to add that your search is over for you have discoverd NZ life for you have found the beauty of SALE SEARCHING

Happy hunting

george
Old Dec 12th 2009, 2:25 am
Account Closed

wahey.... thought i'd report back and just complete my lack of life humiliation!!

braved the 30% off at Briscoes.... and got $150 worth of towels for $75...... hmm, not that good at maths, but surely that's more like 50%?!

already labels off and in the wash...

very happy (and sad!) Stoof here ... thank you all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.