Reload this Page >

Hi to All Brits living in NZ

Hi to All Brits living in NZ

Old Aug 22nd 2010, 2:45 am
Just Joined

John and Yvonne is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Hi to All Brits living in NZ

Hi everyone.
We've just signed onto this site and are looking forward to making some new friends.
My name is Yvonne, married to John. We moved to NZ in 2006 from the Hampshire/Surrey area of the UK. We are located in North Canterbury and are loving this new chapter of our lives in NZ.
We both work full time and also run a small cottage industry from home, so we keep pretty busy, but now find that we have missed the opportunity to make new friends along the way.
So we would love to meet any Brits in the area that are in the same boat, keen to chat about life as an expat in NZ and maybe get together for some social time.
Our interests are, dinning out, exploring the great out doors, movies and table-top games.
We are in our early 40's fun loving, easy going, with a good sense of humour.
Look forward to chatting.
Yvonne and John
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 3:44 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi to All Brits living in NZ

Hi to you both,

I'm not in New Zealand, I live in the US, but I wanted to stop by and welcome you to our forum. I hope you enjoy your stay with us. If you have any questions about how to use any of the bits and bobs on the site, please don't hesitate to let myself, the moderators or the Conceirges know and we will be happy to help in any way that we can.

We've also got a great FAQ and a Site Feedback forum if you want to post your questions there, or after you have made 3 forum posts, you can send us your questions via Private Message.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 9:38 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi & welcome to you both
Great everything seems to be going so well for you you continue to enjoy it.

Just made the move over ourselves (11.08.10) we are currently in Nelson having a well deserved break after all the stress of moving over.
But will be heading to NI next week, where we hope to settle permanently.

Dewb
Old Aug 26th 2010, 10:56 am
Just Joined

Moses65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys
Where in Surrey/ hants where you from. I was from same area till I moved to Taupo.
Sue
Old Aug 27th 2010, 9:44 am
Just Joined

Hi Dewb,

Good luck with your move up to the NI, hope your move goes well
Old Aug 27th 2010, 9:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Moses65
Hi guys
Where in Surrey/ hants where you from. I was from same area till I moved to Taupo.
Sue
Hi Sue,

We lived in both Fleet and Liphook and worked in Farnham, Aldershot and Farnborough, a great part of the country.

Real glad we moved, we love NZ and have adjusted with no problems at all.

Yvonne
Old Aug 29th 2010, 3:03 am
Just Joined

Moses65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Heck Yvonne
We were almost neighbours in the UK.
I was Portsmouth born n bred then hoofed to Guildford in my teens. Family all still back there but like you guys.... have moved and settled here wonderfully.
Sadly we havent got to South island yet... but theres time.