Need advice

Old Aug 18th 2015, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

Niki5177 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need advice

Hi guys
I currently live in the uk and have done all my life. Ive been looking into doing a year possibly more in new zealand and looking for any advice on how to go about it ect. Ive worked with andhave qualifications in horses and would love to do this over in new zealand my problem is most of the jobs ive seen advertised are wage- room and board and i was hopeing to find something with atleast abit of a wage so i can earn and enjoy myself while i am over there. Would people advice me to try find a job before aplying for a visa or go out on one of these couple of month jobs with wage room and board and then look for a job from there orjust plunge straight in a go out and look for work once out there any advice would be much appriciated thanks
Old Aug 19th 2015, 2:20 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need advice

Your best bet would be a working holiday visa if you are under 30 yrs old. this means you can work and move around the 2 islands. it will not give you a living wage but unless you have a career that is seen as required then you are not going to be able to uplift a more permanent visa.
Old Aug 19th 2015, 6:44 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

As MrsF suggests, from what you have written, a Working Holiday Visa is the way to go.

It allows you to work whilst experiencing something of New Zealand.
Old Aug 19th 2015, 8:35 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice it sounds like would be the way to go for me because of the sort of job i am wanting out there. Do you need any specifics to get a working holl visa or are they not too hard to get and how much would you recommend saving before i went out? Thanks again x
Old Aug 19th 2015, 8:51 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

check out the immigration link:
United Kingdom Working Holiday Scheme
Old Aug 19th 2015, 9:03 am
Just Joined

Thank you x