Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Need 5 a side player![Christchurch]

Need 5 a side player![Christchurch]

Old Feb 4th 2013, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

grantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to all
Default Need 5 a side player![Christchurch]

Hi all,

looking for a 5 a side footy player for Monday nights in Christchurch. Must be reliable and able to play most weeks.

We have a private league with 8 Teams and we play in the Hagley School Gym Hall. (this is not Action indoor sports!) The league has been running for 10 years and is a well established and very social, friendly league.

Games are 40 mins (2x20min halfs) and alternate in time from 6.30pm to 8.30pm every week. Cost per game is $6 ($5 if we have 6 players turn up)

We are probably one of the worst teams in the league, although most games are close every week, so we are looking for someone who is of decent skill who can help us be a better team.

So if anyone is keen, feel free to give me a shout. Very friendly league and I have played here for 3yrs and enjoy it every Monday night!

cheers, Grant
Old Feb 4th 2013, 6:49 pm
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Need 5 a side player![Christchurch]

What position are you looking for?

I cannot promise anything as I do have a wife and son to look after. But they may give me permission to join, will have to ask when I return home this evening
Old Feb 5th 2013, 12:09 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Grant,

My boyfriend, Marc, is into football and really enjoys 5 a-side. At the moment we are out in Amberley but will be moving to Avonside in a couple of weeks. He was saying before we left the UK that he would like to play some football when we arrive in NZ.

Should he just turn up next time you are playing or do you usually meet beforehand?
Old Feb 10th 2013, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

grantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to all

Still Looking!
Old Feb 10th 2013, 6:06 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grantanddebs
Still Looking!
Sorry Grant, I have replied to your PM!
Old Mar 11th 2013, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

Still looking for a player if anyone is keen or knows anyone! Every monday night, must be reliable to play every week.

Last edited by grantanddebs; Mar 11th 2013 at 5:05 am.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 10:39 am
Just Joined

djb81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Grant, if you are still looking for a player I would be interested. I only moved here in November from the UK and I have been playing 5 aside for a friend's company's team on a Tuesday if they are short of players. However, I only get the call at the last minute and they don't play over the Winter but I am guessing you do as it is indoors. I have a decent skill level but I am a bit rusty. I live in St. Albans and work in Papanui so am fairly local and would be reliable. Having said that, I am Auckland this Monday for work so would not be able to play until the following week. Look forward to hearing from you if you still need players as it sounds good fun. Cheers, Duncan
Old Apr 21st 2013, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by grantanddebs
Still Looking!
Il be in ChCh in a month or so, if you need a 5 a side goal keeper, i could be persueded..

Gary.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 9:53 am
Just Joined

stecoop is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Grant,
My name is Steve, 33, recently moved to st albans area of chch. I'm really keen to get into a team here, been playing 5 a side and outdoor socialy in England for years. Im going to be living in chch for a least 6 months and my work comitments will not interfere with the times that you play. Im of a reasonable standard, will play any position, love football and play for fun so I don't like to take the whole thing too seriously. I play to meet like minded people, keep fit and unwind from work. hopefully these are the attributes you look for when recruiting new players. If so then please get in contact with me, id love to talk more about the vacancy. my email address <snip>alternatively I will keep checking the forum.
thanks Grant, I look forward to hearing from you. Steve.

Last edited by BEVS; Jan 24th 2014 at 2:35 am. Reason: Please . No personal details on the open forum. You can send a BE email or PM
Old Apr 29th 2013, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hi lads,

unfortunatly we found a player a few weeks ago. Thanks.

Grant
Old May 1st 2013, 6:20 am
Just Joined

Hi Grant,
That's a shame, still you have my email if anything changes, also, I wonder if you may be able to point me in the right direction as to finding some guys to play football with. I'm having trouble locating social teams via the internet and don't know many people in Christchurch yet, let alone kiwi' that like football, so its difficult to see how I am going to get a game. Any help would be much appreciated. I look forward to any correspondence. Thanks for your time. Steve.
Old May 1st 2013, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stecoop
Hi Grant,
That's a shame, still you have my email if anything changes, also, I wonder if you may be able to point me in the right direction as to finding some guys to play football with. I'm having trouble locating social teams via the internet and don't know many people in Christchurch yet, let alone kiwi' that like football, so its difficult to see how I am going to get a game. Any help would be much appreciated. I look forward to any correspondence. Thanks for your time. Steve.
Hi Steve,

lots of people play at Action Indoor Sports, theres one on Iversen Terrace off moorhouse ave, and theres one in hornby too.

But i can check to see if any other teams in my league are looking for players and get back to you next week.
Old May 2nd 2013, 9:44 am
Just Joined

thanks grant I appreciate the advise. I will look into it and yes if any teams are short then id love to come along and kick about, cheers. steve.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Update - we are now looking for another 5 a side player for Monday evenings. Must be realiable and half decent at the game.

Games are approx. $6 for 40min match based on numbers turning up.

Get in touch if keen. cheers
Old Aug 6th 2013, 8:05 am
Just Joined

Hello Grant and debs, I am still available to play if you are interested. Monday nights are fine for me, I am on holiday next week so cant play that particular Monday but im good to go after that. Give me a call if you would like to chat about it, Cheers, Steve.

Last edited by BEVS; Jan 24th 2014 at 2:36 am. Reason: Please . No personal details on the open forum. You can send a BE email or PM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.