Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NEC Opportunities NZ 2009

NEC Opportunities NZ 2009

Old Mar 3rd 2009, 1:36 pm
NZbound

yorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really nice
Default NEC Opportunities NZ 2009

Hi all

Is anyone going to the Birmingham NEC Expo on March 28th/29th?? We have just booked tickets. Some people say they are a waste of money and some say they are informative so we thought for £15 each we my as well go and see for ourselves
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 5:47 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEC Opportunities NZ 2009

Am hoping to be in Auckland by then... So haven't booked any tickets yet...
Going for my medicals tomorrow... My employer says that once we lodge the application we'll get the answer in a couple of days... Am going for a Work Visa under the Essential Skills Policy...
Am stressed! But so excited...

If am delayed, I might popped @ the NEC and see for myself... I only work @ B'ham Airport so not far!
Old Mar 4th 2009, 10:14 am
NZbound

yorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Matewx
Am hoping to be in Auckland by then... So haven't booked any tickets yet...
Going for my medicals tomorrow... My employer says that once we lodge the application we'll get the answer in a couple of days... Am going for a Work Visa under the Essential Skills Policy...
Am stressed! But so excited...

If am delayed, I might popped @ the NEC and see for myself... I only work @ B'ham Airport so not far!
Well don't take it personally but hope you DON'T make it ............ cos your on your way to Auckland Good luck
Old Mar 4th 2009, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

Ivoryhouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yorkshire_sparkie
Hi all

Is anyone going to the Birmingham NEC Expo on March 28th/29th?? We have just booked tickets. Some people say they are a waste of money and some say they are informative so we thought for £15 each we my as well go and see for ourselves
Hi Yorkshire_sparkie,
Were planning to go to NEC , their should be companys there to help with jobs. Check out site by googleing for the show as this will take you to the site for all info about it.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

helenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to all
Smile Re: NEC Opportunities NZ 2009

Yea, I'm going, its quite helpful. There is an NZ Immigration stand there too where you can go and pick their brains if you want too. It's probably cheaper than phoning the help line at a quid a minute anyway!!
Old Mar 10th 2009, 9:29 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Link for

Opportunities NZ 2009

for those wanting to browse.

We went to the London one way back in 2003. It was extremely busy and crowded but we found it interesting at the time.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

We went to one in Olympia last year, we found it to be very busy very small, we managed to drag it out for a couple of hours by sitting in a few of the talks or you could of got round it in an hour, we did expect more from it, but it just depends what you want to find out, we found out more information from here and trawling through the net, than we did at the expo!!
But every ones experiances are different some might find them very useful.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 10:03 am
Banned

mikejiminey is an unknown quantity at this point

hi - i went to the canada expo in leeds last year run by the same organisation. a complete waste of time and a 150 mile round trip. how they had the nerve to charge 15 quid. there was lots written on this site at the time from disgruntled people after the show. now thinking about aus and nz. so wrote to ask the organisers which organisations are going to the nz show. took over a week to get a reply and still they did not tell me - just said go to the web site - buit no info there. so i am going to save my money.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 2:10 am
Just Joined

ajayshah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yorkshire_sparkie
Hi all

hi,

we went to the one in olympia, and to be honest this site is more informative than the show, its not that big, and lots of informational stands which are over corwded and under staffed.. nothing of any real substance...

sorry to be the bearer of bad news... you never know the nEC one might be much better than the london one..

hope the process goes well anyway, we are in NZ now, looking for work! BORING!!
Old Mar 14th 2009, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

blackmalkin is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking forward to the event at the NEC.
If it proves to be a wasted journey so be it.
If you don't try these things you will never know.
Hoping it gives us the information we seek.

If it really is poor you'll find us contemplating things in the bar.

Good luck to any one going, hope it gives you what you need
Old Mar 15th 2009, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

Di and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really nice

I have just booked our tickets for it, we're hoping to go in 2 years, hubby is in IT and we're unsure if he needs to take any courses - BTEC or something in IT for us to go. He has over 10 years experience, he manages a team does programming, developing, .net loads of stuff but we're not sure if we would get extra points on experience alone so hoping they will shed some light on the matter :-)
Old Mar 15th 2009, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

dragon_lady_bute is just really nicedragon_lady_bute is just really nicedragon_lady_bute is just really nicedragon_lady_bute is just really nicedragon_lady_bute is just really nicedragon_lady_bute is just really nicedragon_lady_bute is just really nicedragon_lady_bute is just really nicedragon_lady_bute is just really nice

We're going too. Hope it will be better than some of the reports we've been hearing!
Old Mar 15th 2009, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

Di and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really nice

Originally Posted by dragon_lady_bute
We're going too. Hope it will be better than some of the reports we've been hearing!
yep me too!!!
Old Mar 15th 2009, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

jakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nice

we are going to, hoping to be there this time next year, anyone hoping to move to the bay of plenty (tauranga)?
Jaks
Old Mar 15th 2009, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jakie
we are going to, hoping to be there this time next year, anyone hoping to move to the bay of plenty (tauranga)?
Jaks
wish we were going that soon, hopefully 2 years for us,.....I'm very jealous!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.