Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NEC Opportunities NZ 2009

NEC Opportunities NZ 2009

Old Mar 15th 2009, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really nice
Default Re: NEC Opportunities NZ 2009

Originally Posted by Di and Ste
I have just booked our tickets for it, we're hoping to go in 2 years, hubby is in IT and we're unsure if he needs to take any courses - BTEC or something in IT for us to go. He has over 10 years experience, he manages a team does programming, developing, .net loads of stuff but we're not sure if we would get extra points on experience alone so hoping they will shed some light on the matter :-)
He doesnt need any IT qualifications. As long he has proven experience and a NZ job offer you'll have enough points.

Last edited by ukkiwi; Mar 15th 2009 at 6:42 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

Debbie Cherry is just really niceDebbie Cherry is just really niceDebbie Cherry is just really niceDebbie Cherry is just really niceDebbie Cherry is just really niceDebbie Cherry is just really niceDebbie Cherry is just really niceDebbie Cherry is just really nice

Originally Posted by jakie
we are going to, hoping to be there this time next year, anyone hoping to move to the bay of plenty (tauranga)?
Jaks
We're off to the Expo too... not really sure what to expect.. \we hope to eventually land in tauranga, Im off to retrain as a nurse, OH needs to secure a job before we could go so it may be best for us to stay grounded in the UK for a few years..having said that, if someone offered him a job I may think twice !
Old Mar 17th 2009, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Di and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really nice

we are going to, hoping to be there this time next year, anyone hoping to move to the bay of plenty (tauranga)?
Jaks
we are looking at the Bay of plenty now we are looking at Tauranga / bethlehem because of what we have heard on this site and looking on the internet. This is going to sound really sad but did you watch extreme fishing last night as Tauranga and other places were on there!!!!! Let me know how you get on!
Old Mar 17th 2009, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

This is going to sound really sad but did you watch extreme fishing last night !
we watched it
Old Mar 17th 2009, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

jakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nice

We missed it and the oh is now really not happy, is there any other way to watch it? Is there a repeat on at all?
Cheers all
Jaks
Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really nice

We missed it and the oh is now really not happy, is there any other way to watch it? Is there a repeat on at all?
Cheers all
Jaks
yep - watch online here

http://demand.five.tv/Episode.aspx?e...me=C5143910003
Old Mar 19th 2009, 9:10 am
Just Joined

Debbie Cherry is just really niceDebbie Cherry is just really niceDebbie Cherry is just really niceDebbie Cherry is just really niceDebbie Cherry is just really niceDebbie Cherry is just really niceDebbie Cherry is just really niceDebbie Cherry is just really nice

we are looking at the Bay of plenty now we are looking at Tauranga / bethlehem because of what we have heard on this site and looking on the internet. This is going to sound really sad but did you watch extreme fishing last night as Tauranga and other places were on there!!!!! Let me know how you get on!
I watched it, I thought it was really good, it was actually quite funny in places, it has made me even more determined to get to NZ, everything looking beautiful, I know it has rain and all the rest too but I can cope with that
Old Mar 19th 2009, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

Di and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really nice

Originally Posted by Debbie Cherry
I watched it, I thought it was really good, it was actually quite funny in places, it has made me even more determined to get to NZ, everything looking beautiful, I know it has rain and all the rest too but I can cope with that
It looked ace didn't it!!!! Hopefully it will be Tauranga here we come!!!!!
Old Mar 28th 2009, 2:34 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought I'd refresh this thread as am sure you guys that went on Saturday can let us know what you think...

Looking forward to reading your feedback!!
Old Mar 28th 2009, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Matewx
Just thought I'd refresh this thread as am sure you guys that went on Saturday can let us know what you think...

Looking forward to reading your feedback!!
very disappointed!!!!! we spent half an hour there and then headed for home!!!! we got there and was told that it was full to capacity and we would have to wait to get in ... not good with 2 boys and a baby and spending £30 on tickets!!! Finally got inside and about thirty stands were cramped into a very small area even though the room was huge!!! They could have opened it up a bit more!!!! We had a pram and there was no chance of us getting around with it !!!!!! So hubby stayed in the corner with other people with prams, our boys sat on the floor playing on their DS's and I ran round for leaflets. The queues were huge to speak to people and because it was so cramped I would have felt awkward giving out personal information with other people right behind me. I spoke to one lady asking her if there was an opportunity for IT work in the bay of plenty and does she have any information she could give to me / tell me but the lady, who was English, did not have a clue, she said she would have to look through the magazine for info about IT and other info so I just said I would buy the magazine and have a look in my own time, it was a career stand as well.Honestly the queues were terrible!!!!! I couldn't wait in queues because it was so crowded our baby was getting stressed. It was drab and dreary not welcoming at all!!! One career stand had a poster saying that they will offer career advise for £99 an hour!!!!! Oh My God!!!!! We couldn't get into any of the presentations because the room was so cramped and the queue was massive and we would of had to wait ages to get into them too!!! We have found out more info from this website than from that place, never again! Complete waste of time and money!!!! Oh and they charge £8 to park!!!!!
Old Mar 29th 2009, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

very disappointed!!!!! we spent half an hour there and then headed for home!!!! we got there and was told that it was full to capacity and we would have to wait to get in ... not good with 2 boys and a baby and spending £30 on tickets!!! Finally got inside and about thirty stands were cramped into a very small area even though the room was huge!!! They could have opened it up a bit more!!!! We had a pram and there was no chance of us getting around with it !!!!!! So hubby stayed in the corner with other people with prams, our boys sat on the floor playing on their DS's and I ran round for leaflets. The queues were huge to speak to people and because it was so cramped I would have felt awkward giving out personal information with other people right behind me. I spoke to one lady asking her if there was an opportunity for IT work in the bay of plenty and does she have any information she could give to me / tell me but the lady, who was English, did not have a clue, she said she would have to look through the magazine for info about IT and other info so I just said I would buy the magazine and have a look in my own time, it was a career stand as well.Honestly the queues were terrible!!!!! I couldn't wait in queues because it was so crowded our baby was getting stressed. It was drab and dreary not welcoming at all!!! One career stand had a poster saying that they will offer career advise for £99 an hour!!!!! Oh My God!!!!! We couldn't get into any of the presentations because the room was so cramped and the queue was massive and we would of had to wait ages to get into them too!!! We have found out more info from this website than from that place, never again! Complete waste of time and money!!!! Oh and they charge £8 to park!!!!!
£99 an hour? I just found my home busines idea - i'll do it for £90 an hour too - bargain.

IT jobs in the Bay area will be few and far between - maybe a couple in Napier if your luckly. Where do i send the invoice?
Old Mar 29th 2009, 9:17 am
Just Joined

ha ha

thanks for the info the cheque is in the post!!!!!!!!

Glad we didn't go today anyway the weather is too nice today!
Old Mar 29th 2009, 1:11 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well...
It thought us...
This morning I was like, should we, should we not bother?
Since the NEC is only a short walk away we went thinking " What have we got to loose??"
Well, I tell you... We lost £30!!! That's for sure...

From now on, I will listen to you!
Old Mar 29th 2009, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

CatherineF will become famous soon enoughCatherineF will become famous soon enough

My husband just called me from the expo. He said it was of very little value to him. He queued for ages to talk to someone from Immigration New Zealand and when he got to the front he was confronted by an incredibly unhelpful, brusque guy who reeked of booze. There were only 2 general recruiters, nothing specific to IT and the presentations were only helpful to people who hadn't already started the visa application process.

So he wasted money on flights as well as the 15 quid entrance fee. Ah well...
Old Mar 30th 2009, 12:03 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

This is just such a shame to read.

Originally Posted by CatherineF
There were only 2 general recruiters, nothing specific to IT

UUmm Not sure but you may find contacting The Wellies helpful. Or Unlimited potential but please don't be a stranger here .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.