British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Nearly there!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/nearly-there-717110/)

NessD May 15th 2011 6:26 pm

Nearly there!!!

Hello All,
Good to be on here! Very excited as i will be touching the NZ soil in 15 weeks and 3 days!!! All done and dusted here. Started 2 years ago with a thought of a new adventure, and now a new life awaits and is just round the corner. Not been to New Zealand before, just met so many great Kiwi's around, and it's great to hear about all the fun everyone is having from this site. Feel like I haven't planned enough but now I have somewhere to ask questions as they come to me! I look forward to speaking to you! Ness

scrubbedexpat094 May 15th 2011 9:59 pm

Re: Nearly there!!!

Hi Ness & welcome to our cosy, wee corner of BE ;). You'll be here before you know it (not that you're counting or anything :lol:). Where abouts are you heading to & have you a job sorted? (We are nosy bunch, well I am!).

Ask away with any questions you have & we'll do our best to answer them. Lots of us came out here without ever having been here before. Does take a bit of getting used to though.

Good luck with all your plans & happy posting :thumbsup:

NessD May 16th 2011 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix (Post 9366128)
Hi Ness & welcome to our cosy, wee corner of BE ;). You'll be here before you know it (not that you're counting or anything :lol:). Where abouts are you heading to & have you a job sorted? (We are nosy bunch, well I am!).

Ask away with any questions you have & we'll do our best to answer them. Lots of us came out here without ever having been here before. Does take a bit of getting used to though.

Good luck with all your plans & happy posting :thumbsup:

:DThank you for your kind welocme!!! I have no idea where I am heading and no job yet, but not worried. I am a teacher and have been speaking to an Agency. I will be able to supply teach until I find something, and having no plans means i could head to where a school needs me! Just me and a suitcase:thumbsup:
Happy days!
You sound like you know everything that's going on! Ness

BEVS May 16th 2011 10:27 pm

Hi there and welcome .

Make your way to the main NZ forum & have a good browse around. There are topics/threads about teacher registration in NZ & on the immigration part of the forum you'll find information about the assorted temporary work visas which allow you to work.

lisamct Jun 15th 2011 10:50 pm

Hi Ness and welcome to the forum. Good luck with all the planning and organising, I remember it well!
I'm sure I read elsewhere your coming to Rotorua, if you need any local info give me a shout, there's a few Rotorua locals on the site so between us I'm sure we can fill you in on anything you need to know.

NessD Jun 16th 2011 6:36 pm

Indeed Rotorua it is, to start off with. I have a friend there and so looks like a good place to start. I will be sure to get in touch if I have any questions. 7 weeks today and I leave the Uk!!

RobDon Jun 17th 2011 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by NessD (Post 9437514)
Indeed Rotorua it is, to start off with. I have a friend there and so looks like a good place to start. I will be sure to get in touch if I have any questions. 7 weeks today and I leave the Uk!!

Hi there, Also in Rotorua like Lisa! Same from us, give us a shout if we can help in any way. ;)

mwhite1962 Jun 19th 2011 1:47 am

Originally Posted by NessD (Post 9437514)

Hi NessD,
We are also in Rotorua, and my OH is a maths teacher at Rotorua boys high so if any info needed give us a shout, and lets us know what you teach as we may hear something through the grapevine.

marbles Jun 19th 2011 4:51 am

I teach at Rotorua Girls high school, so same here if you let us know what subject you teach i can keep an eye open for any jobs or let you know how to get some relief work when you get here. PM me is you want any more details.
We've been here 6 months now and love the place, great to live and loads of others places close by if you fancy a change
helen

NessD Jun 19th 2011 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by mwhite1962 (Post 9441716)
Hi NessD,
We are also in Rotorua, and my OH is a maths teacher at Rotorua boys high so if any info needed give us a shout, and lets us know what you teach as we may hear something through the grapevine.

That is kind. I teach Art, which I not a much needed subject but also teach Open Minds, an inquiry/skills based learning course, which I hear is taking off in New Zealand. Will be in touch when I have questions... I'm sure there will be many. Have a good week and thank you for your help! Ness

NessD Jun 19th 2011 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by marbles (Post 9441887)
I teach at Rotorua Girls high school, so same here if you let us know what subject you teach i can keep an eye open for any jobs or let you know how to get some relief work when you get here. PM me is you want any more details.
We've been here 6 months now and love the place, great to live and loads of others places close by if you fancy a change
helen

Thank you Helen. I think relief work is the way to go to start off with while I get to grips with the system. I teach Art and Open Minds, a learning skills based course. I am blown away but how helpful everyone has been on here, it really is making me feel more relaxed about my move, so thank you. I'm sure I shall be in touch soon. Have a good week. Ness