British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Nearly there (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/nearly-there-381375/)

Gundog Jun 25th 2006 10:53 am

Nearly there

Hi All,
Donna & Steve here we are in the process of emigrating we have sold our house and hope to be leaving the UK early in September 2006 although we feel very confused about what exactly to take with us from the UK we have two children 17years and 15 years and hope to initially settle in Nelson if there is anyone else heading for that area it would be great to hear from you or anyone already there some advice on area's and schools would be helpful. :

Nice Guy Jun 25th 2006 11:03 am

Nearly there

Originally Posted by Gundog
Hi All,
Donna & Steve here we are in the process of emigrating we have sold our house and hope to be leaving the UK early in September 2006 although we feel very confused about what exactly to take with us from the UK we have two children 17years and 15 years and hope to initially settle in Nelson if there is anyone else heading for that area it would be great to hear from you or anyone already there some advice on area's and schools would be helpful. :

Hi Donna and Steve

My only advise is bring everything leave the children.

Can't help you with Nelson, but I feel confident others will.

Best wishes

Nice Guy

Frenchy Jun 25th 2006 4:36 pm

Re: Nearly there

Hi All,

Hi there we will be heading for Blenheim around the same time hopefully, which is around 1 and 1/2 hrs from Nelson. We plan to take everything as feel you may as well FILL the container. We have kids aged 12 and 14. How do your teenagers feel about the big move?. Sorry cant help with schools as we have concentrated on Blenheim, good luck! I am sure someone will be a help to you. I have already made some great friends from this Forum and people have been Fab! :)

Gundog Jun 25th 2006 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Frenchy
Hi there we will be heading for Blenheim around the same time hopefully, which is around 1 and 1/2 hrs from Nelson. We plan to take everything as feel you may as well FILL the container. We have kids aged 12 and 14. How do your teenagers feel about the big move?. Sorry cant help with schools as we have concentrated on Blenheim, good luck! I am sure someone will be a help to you. I have already made some great friends from this Forum and people have been Fab! :)

My teenagers are really looking forward to the move we visited Christchurch earlier this year for two weeks and they loved everything about NZ. We didn't get as far as Nelson but have spoken to several people who either have lived there or have visited and they really rate it as a family location. Have you had medicals and stuff yet? are your kids happy about the move?

Frenchy Jun 25th 2006 7:52 pm

My teenagers are really looking forward to the move we visited Christchurch earlier this year for two weeks and they loved everything about NZ. We didn't get as far as Nelson but have spoken to several people who either have lived there or have visited and they really rate it as a family location. Have you had medicals and stuff yet? are your kids happy about the move?

I will send you a pm!!!

BEVS Aug 25th 2006 4:15 am

Hi Gundog
Are you still coming to Nelson in September ?

Gundog Aug 29th 2006 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Apollo10
Hi Gundog
Are you still coming to Nelson in September ?

Yes should be arriving 15th september

brackley Aug 31st 2006 2:25 pm

good luck with the move in sept, we are heading to welly on 20th sept. dont know much about nelson only that we have been invited to a wedding there in feb, it takes place in the winery the guys brother owns!!!!!!!!!1