Navman Sat/Nav

Old Jun 30th 2007, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Navman Sat/Nav

Hi All,

I have a Navman ICN 30 Satelite Navigation System for the car. It currently has UK maps.

I am therefore looking for New Zealand Mapping for this unit. I have tried Trademe, and did in fact win one of the auctions, but the seller would not wait for a UK cheque to be sent, so I am still Looking.

I have tried the obvious, like contacting Navman Europe, but they don't have this in stock.

Does anyone know where else I can look to purchase this?

We leave for NZ in 2 weeks, so I'd like to have this before we come.

Cheers
Old Jun 30th 2007, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Navman Sat/Nav

Originally Posted by garryhg
Hi All,

I have a Navman ICN 30 Satelite Navigation System for the car. It currently has UK maps.

I am therefore looking for New Zealand Mapping for this unit. I have tried Trademe, and did in fact win one of the auctions, but the seller would not wait for a UK cheque to be sent, so I am still Looking.

I have tried the obvious, like contacting Navman Europe, but they don't have this in stock.

Does anyone know where else I can look to purchase this?

We leave for NZ in 2 weeks, so I'd like to have this before we come.

Cheers
I have the F20 and am STILL waiting for Navman to get them in stock. Grrrrrrrr

Just hang fire, like I have for about 4-6 weeks now!

Good Luck

Michelle x
Old Jun 30th 2007, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Michelle,

I'm the same...I went on their mailing list about 6-7 weeks ago. Each time I phone they tell me the same thing........"It will be in in about 2-3 weeks"....

I'm just hoping they have it before I go..unless I get it elsewhere.

Cheers

Garry
Old Jun 30th 2007, 8:40 am
Memetchi

cypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to all

Not sure how much the Navman maps cost but Dick Smith have a Garmin Quest (a bit dated but still functional) for $398. You could sell the ICN 30 on eBay. Or if you're feeling a bit more adventurous you could buy a cheap Garmin Nuvi 300 in the UK and use the NZ maps from http://gwprojects.orcon.net.nz/gps/ on it.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 9:15 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cypherpunk
Not sure how much the Navman maps cost but Dick Smith have a Garmin Quest (a bit dated but still functional) for $398. You could sell the ICN 30 on eBay. Or if you're feeling a bit more adventurous you could buy a cheap Garmin Nuvi 300 in the UK and use the NZ maps from http://gwprojects.orcon.net.nz/gps/ on it.
If you need to I can give some help/pointers getting those maps and the POIs installed as I have the StreetPilot 3 working fine with them (the Garmin was 99 notes from Maplin - who seem to sell a lot of DSE, Dick Smith, stuff!!)
Oh yeah if you are going down the Garmin route it is best to buy a micro-SD card in the UK - called transflash as this will be required (for the Streetpilot at least) as supplimentary storage for POIs and maps - 256Mb will be fine but the larger cards are really cheap now.

Last edited by lardyl; Jun 30th 2007 at 9:19 am. Reason: accessorise!!!
Old Jul 1st 2007, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

gazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the rough

I have a tom tom 700 but from what I can see tom tom don't do a road map of NZ pity I use it in my job everyday and find it saves me hours overtime it more than pays for itself. A friend of mine in the uk has a Garmin 660 for sale he only bought it a few months ago but has lost sight in one eye and they took his HGV licence away. so he has no use for it now, My question is would it be any good in NZ as it is a europe version ie: are there downloads for NZ maps?
Old Jul 1st 2007, 9:49 am
Memetchi

cypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gazzer15
A friend of mine in the uk has a Garmin 660 for sale he only bought it a few months ago but has lost sight in one eye and they took his HGV licence away. so he has no use for it now, My question is would it be any good in NZ as it is a europe version ie: are there downloads for NZ maps?
Yes the free maps mentioned in the previous couple of messages should work on this, or you can buy official maps from Garmin.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 10:08 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cypherpunk
Yes the free maps mentioned in the previous couple of messages should work on this, or you can buy official maps from Garmin.
along with the aforementioned site:http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/ is your friend
(not sure why I cant get this to work at the mo but they have guides to seting up most GPS systems and loads of links to stuff like MapSource for Garmin)
and
http://mapcenter2.cgpsmapper.com/mapsetview.php?id=185
good luck, LL