Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Natwest Switch Cards

Natwest Switch Cards

Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

juliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to all
Post Natwest Switch Cards

Does anyone know if supermarkets, shops etc accept English Switch Cards, we have our daughters birthday coming up and family are wanting to put money in our UK bank account, don't really want them to send to our NZ bank account as get charged quite a bit from the UK bank to transfer over - which is a bit much everytime there is a birthday.

My question then in a round the houses kind of way is, if they put money into our UK account can I then go and use my UK Switch Card to spend in the shops?
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Natwest Switch Cards

Originally Posted by juliejamesmcgrath
Does anyone know if supermarkets, shops etc accept English Switch Cards, we have our daughters birthday coming up and family are wanting to put money in our UK bank account, don't really want them to send to our NZ bank account as get charged quite a bit from the UK bank to transfer over - which is a bit much everytime there is a birthday.

My question then in a round the houses kind of way is, if they put money into our UK account can I then go and use my UK Switch Card to spend in the shops?
Hi,you can't use switch cards in the shops,but you can withdraw the funds at an eftpos machine..jacky
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

juliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to all

Originally Posted by garryhg
Hi,you can't use switch cards in the shops,but you can withdraw the funds at an eftpos machine..jacky
Hi Jacky

Do you get charged for this? Julie
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

yes,just had a look at Uk bank statement and its not much you get charged.For taking out $100 we got a charge of 1.50 pounds...jacky
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by garryhg
yes,just had a look at Uk bank statement and its not much you get charged.For taking out $100 we got a charge of 1.50 pounds...jacky
Thanks for that